Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 07:30 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This will be interesting to watch. Oregon usually votes very liberally on many issues and in national elections. Let's see how many of them support illegal immigration once they get behind that curtain.
I wonder if they're ok with overpopulation too. I mean, you don't want those beautiful landscapes of the state to be ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 01:17 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This will be interesting to watch. Oregon usually votes very liberally on many issues and in national elections. Let's see how many of them support illegal immigration once they get behind that curtain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I wonder if they're ok with overpopulation too. I mean, you don't want those beautiful landscapes of the state to be ruined.
Who knows, you may be surprised.

I talked to a few people here in New York since the alien children began to come across the border and the effect has not been what I expected. Even the Liberals I know seem to be angry at the kid's parents and even at Obama and the Federal government for not enforcing the laws.

Most Liberals genuinely want to help people, including these poor migrants. But if you talk to them about the effects of uncontrolled illegal immigration on the low income job market, on the housing and rental markets, on overburdened inner city schools and even environmental issues as E30is mentions - they are getting it. Its just that the PC media has teamed up with the Democratic establishment and the Republican party business wing for so long that too many Americans have been sitting around with their heads in the sand.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Voters to decide whether illegal immigrants can get a license | Local & Regional News | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13

''Voters will decide in November whether to implement a bill passed by Oregon lawmakers to give undocumented immigrants a pathway to an Oregon drivers license.''

''The law would have taken effect January 1 of this year.''

''But foes gathered enough signatures to put the measure on the November ballot.''

''Proponents said this isn't about citizenship - it's about safe driving.''

"Not to act as ID but to demonstrate that the person with the card knows Oregon laws and passed a drivers test - and they know how to drive," ''explained state Sen. Lee Beyer, D-Springfield.''

''The law would allow thousands of immigrants living in Oregon without legal permission to get a 4-year drivers licence. ''

''Beyer said the current law wasn't working and failed to ensure drivers carried insurance.* ''

What part of ILLEGAL don't people understand? What makes them think they're going to get insurance? Oregon is just as bad as California.
Good for Oregon - since the Citizens of Oregon approve of the Illegal surge on the Texas border -- put them on a plane and take them to the good citizens of Oregon. They can get their driver's license, housing, food, medicare, welfare benefits and education in Oregon.

Problem solved.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Who knows, you may be surprised.

I talked to a few people here in New York since the alien children began to come across the border and the effect has not been what I expected. Even the Liberals I know seem to be angry at the kid's parents and even at Obama and the Federal government for not enforcing the laws.

Most Liberals genuinely want to help people, including these poor migrants. But if you talk to them about the effects of uncontrolled illegal immigration on the low income job market, on the housing and rental markets, on overburdened inner city schools and even environmental issues as E30is mentions - they are getting it. Its just that the PC media has teamed up with the Democratic establishment and the Republican party business wing for so long that too many Americans have been sitting around with their heads in the sand.
Agreed. Things are getting bad when even the "libs" say enough is enough and THEY want illegal aliens deported.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:42 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,727 times
I'm totally for it. Give them licenses in Oregon so that they leave WA once and for all.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:38 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
The fate of a little-noticed ballot measure in strongly Democratic Oregon serves as a warning to President Barack Obama and his party about the political perils of immigration policy.

Even as Oregon voters were legalizing recreational marijuana and expanding Democratic majorities in state government, they decided by a margin of 66-34 to cancel a new state law that would have provided driver's licenses to people who are in the United States illegally.

Oregon immigration vote is a warning for Obama

Old 11-16-2014, 03:08 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
If it got that large a majority in liberal Oregon, imagine what it would get elsewhere.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
If it got that large a majority in liberal Oregon, imagine what it would get elsewhere.
Agreed. IMHO things are starting to turn against any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration