Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

If you think you're not going to get deported, Obama's not the President you want in office.

Deportation rates by President (number of deportations per month):

1) Obama: 32,886
2) Bush II: 20,833
3) Clinton: 9,125
4) Bush I: 2,937
5) Reagan: 1,771
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
We've heard our resident leftists by the score insisting that the huge flood of illegal immigrant children, criminals, gang members etc. comoing over our bordes, is not the fault of the present administration's policies. Many of them bend over backward to blame George W. Bush, a move that surprises no one familiar with liberals.

But they need to inform the illegal aliens of these "facts". The illegals think otherwise.

------------------------------------------

Border Resident: Nancy Pelosi Should Visit My Ranch « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Captured illegal immigrants heard saying, "That's okay, Obama's gonna let me go."

June 27, 2014 9:40 AM

BROOKS COUNTY (KRLD) – “I’ve had a 7-year-old little girl from El Salvador with her mother come to my front door just in dire need, lost, needing help,” says Linda Vickers, who owns a Ranch in Brooks County.

Vickers says even though her ranch is about 60 miles north of the border, bands of illegal immigrants are still crossing onto her land by circumventing border patrol check points. “On one hand, I have women and children and young people in distress — and then on the other hand, I’ve had a criminal element of gang members,” says Vickers. “Young men that have had multiple deportations and do not want to get caught. I’ve heard them tell border patrol as they’re loading them into their vehicle ‘That’s okay, Obama’s gonna let me go.’”

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
They probably think that because President Ronald Reagan did in fact give amnesty to illegal aliens. I bet he's an admired legend in the inner circles of illegal aliens.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:27 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If you think you're not going to get deported, Obama's not the President you want in office.

Catch and release at the border doesn't quite compare.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Central American countries cited a "new law" which must have been the DOJ and Obama talking about illegals rights and the extension of the deferred deportation for 2 more years.

So they came. The Border Patrol report to Congress stated that over 95% of those captured asked for "permisos".
And all of them had family members in the US they wanted to contact.
So they are coming here, flagging down Border Patrol because they know they will be taken care of, given "permisos" and let go.

On immigrant surge, White House story falls apart | WashingtonExaminer.com
A high percentage of the subjects interviewed stated their family members in the U.S. urged them to travel immediately, because the United States government was only issuing immigration "permisos" until the end of June 2014…The issue of "permisos" was the main reason provided by 95% of the interviewed subjects.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Obama used refusals at border crossings as "deportations" where the other Presidents didn't use those numbers.

So it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Even Obama admitted this.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Obama's policies are the direct cause of hunddreds of thousands of unaccompanied childrend suddenly flooding our border.

The response from his leftist sycophants is predictable: "REPUBLICANS! REPUBLICANS! REPUBLICANS!"

These people really need some new material.
These Republicans?

With the 2012 election on the horizon and Republicans scrambling to prove their conservative credentials, it can’t be long until at least one of them jumps on immigration as the hot, new issue to capture right-wing voters.
But for some top Republicans, tackling immigration has a downside: their own hypocrisy.
From sitting governors to rising stars and even presidential aspirants, there are more than a few undocumented skeletons in Republican closets. Here are the top five Republican hypocrites on immigration.
The top 5 Republican hypocrites on immigration

Howling about illegals while employing them.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
These Republicans?

With the 2012 election on the horizon and Republicans scrambling to prove their conservative credentials, it can’t be long until at least one of them jumps on immigration as the hot, new issue to capture right-wing voters.
But for some top Republicans, tackling immigration has a downside: their own hypocrisy.
From sitting governors to rising stars and even presidential aspirants, there are more than a few undocumented skeletons in Republican closets. Here are the top five Republican hypocrites on immigration.
The top 5 Republican hypocrites on immigration

Howling about illegals while employing them.
Forget about "immigration". It's straight out AMNESTY at this point.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:38 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Seeing how no Republican President has done anything to stop the flow of illegals, why blame all this on Obama? And just because one person says something doesn't make it true. You would think conservatives would learn that by now.
Border security was a big complaint I had with Bush when he was president.

That was years ago.

Obama is, unfortunately, president now. He deserves the blame.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:45 PM

Eisenhower was the last US President that actually tried to enforce our immigration policies and send them back.
"Catch and return" is what he did.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Seeing how no Republican President has done anything to stop the flow of illegals, why blame all this on Obama? And just because one person says something doesn't make it true. You would think conservatives would learn that by now.
Obama is the person living in the white house using his pen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration