U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2014, 08:09 AM
 
Location: On the water.
10,487 posts, read 6,432,209 times
Reputation: 8717

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
This is a forum where people discuss things. This is not a forum to solve the worlds issues.

I am not surprised in the least that you don't understand the difference.

I think Brown is a fool for making that incentives speech and this is what you get people if you vote for him. ‘You go be on the government dole.’ "

This is the correct forum to have that discussion. Get it now?

Again get out if you can't contribute to the topic of the thread.
Well, lol again
I am contributing to the topic just as you are.
I am discussing the nonsense of assuming that others can't see "the problem" as well as you.
I am proposing that many see "the problem" better than you in your huffy over simplifications.
This is the correct forum to have that discussion. Get it now?
Funny you think you can define the conversation and order people out.
Hilarious, actually.
You have a nice day blustering about now, hear dear?

 
Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 AM
 
Location: SGV
21,978 posts, read 8,225,202 times
Reputation: 8815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, lol again
I am contributing to the topic just as you are.
I am discussing the nonsense of assuming that others can't see "the problem" as well as you.
I am proposing that many see "the problem" better than you in your huffy over simplifications.
This is the correct forum to have that discussion. Get it now?
Funny you think you can define the conversation and order people out.
Hilarious, actually.
You have a nice day blustering about now, hear dear?
You're suppose to play the L vs. R, D vs. R game. That's what TVC wants. You know, like since California sucks cuz of liberals so just form your own state...or 6!

They don't realize the mindless banter, the artificial "us vs. them" game is just a ploy to keep the regular folks busy while the fat cats steal everything not bolted to the ground.

But by all means...let fear, hatred, and misguided issues rule our brains as our wallets are picked by the "problem solvers".
 
Old 07-31-2014, 11:18 AM
 
Location: On the water.
10,487 posts, read 6,432,209 times
Reputation: 8717
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're suppose to play the L vs. R, D vs. R game. That's what TVC wants. You know, like since California sucks cuz of liberals so just form your own state...or 6!

They don't realize the mindless banter, the artificial "us vs. them" game is just a ploy to keep the regular folks busy while the fat cats steal everything not bolted to the ground.

But by all means...let fear, hatred, and misguided issues rule our brains as our wallets are picked by the "problem solvers".
Well, I disagree with you - vigorously - on one point you raise: I see the fat cats stealing everything including what's bolted down, and the nuts, bolts and washers and shims that go with.

But by all means, folks, do continue to paddle about in the fog without a compass. You can rest assured that shouting at the top of your lungs will be heard over the thrum of the engines by the captains of the ships bearing down on you. And that they care.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,408,904 times
Reputation: 8873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, lol again
I am contributing to the topic just as you are.
I am discussing the nonsense of assuming that others can't see "the problem" as well as you.
I am proposing that many see "the problem" better than you in your huffy over simplifications.
This is the correct forum to have that discussion. Get it now?
Funny you think you can define the conversation and order people out.
Hilarious, actually.
You have a nice day blustering about now, hear dear?

No one claimed that others don't see the problem.

There are no huffy posts from me.

You are the only one huffing and puffing nonsense that has zilch to do with Brown wanting to open the boarders to the illegals.

Browns made these stupid comments:
  • that God demands a friendlier reception for illegals.
  • to abide the “religious call … to welcome the stranger,” in reference to illegal immigrants
Does Brown not realize there exists such a thing as Separation of Church and State

This is about the dumbest thing he signed into law:
  • "Brown has signed legislation allowing illegal immigrants to obtain driver licenses and limiting the circumstances in which arrests by local law enforcement agencies can trigger deportation proceedings"
Off to play now
 
Old 07-31-2014, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Eureka CA
7,618 posts, read 10,433,210 times
Reputation: 11413
...and if all the remaining illegals were spirited out of the State overnight, the economy would collapse and no crops would be harvested because our drugged out unemployables wouldn't be able to do the work. I'd be fine with no immigration laws at all. Let the cream rise to the top. .
 
Old 07-31-2014, 01:37 PM
 
Location: On the water.
10,487 posts, read 6,432,209 times
Reputation: 8717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
[/list]Does Brown not realize there exists such a thing as Separation of Church and State

This is about the dumbest thing he signed into law:
  • "Brown has signed legislation allowing illegal immigrants to obtain driver licenses and limiting the circumstances in which arrests by local law enforcement agencies can trigger deportation proceedings"
Off to play now
Right. Imagine Brown saying something about God! All other politicians in the country respectfully recognize the separation of church and state! The only place that line is crossed is right here in California, by Brown.

And you are not aware that at least eleven other states issue driver's licenses to illegals? Most of them passing their laws before Brown signed ours? And that those laws are supported overwhelmingly by law enforcement organizations nationwide?

Bad Brownie! Bad bad bad! No biscuit for you! Crazy California voters putting this guy in office! (Even if he DID balance the budget and create a surplus out of the ashes of the recession.)

You have a nice day now
 
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,408,904 times
Reputation: 8873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Right. Imagine Brown saying something about God! All other politicians in the country respectfully recognize the separation of church and state! The only place that line is crossed is right here in California, by Brown.

And you are not aware that at least eleven other states issue driver's licenses to illegals? Most of them passing their laws before Brown signed ours? And that those laws are supported overwhelmingly by law enforcement organizations nationwide?

Bad Brownie! Bad bad bad! No biscuit for you! Crazy California voters putting this guy in office! (Even if he DID balance the budget and create a surplus out of the ashes of the recession.)

You have a nice day now
Who cares about what the others 11 states did. I am talking about this state. I don't ascribe to the herd mentality so you can point your finger at those 11 states while jumping up and down stating "look they did it so should we!!!!"



You clearly have no ability to fully understand that the budget is not balanced in CA...just because Brown says so does not make it so
  • First, to use Jerry Brown’s own words, California has a “wall of debt,” which doesn’t include unfunded pension and medical liability – and that wall of debt is NOT included in the budget. The total amount of that debt is somewhere in the $27 billion range and includes over $10 billion owed to the federal government. That money was used to fund California’s Unemployment Insurance Fund, and California seems to have no plan to pay it back – a sort of “reverse” unfunded mandate, if you will.
  • The fact that California began borrowing that money in 2009 demonstrates the fallacy of the prior claims of balanced budgets. The fact that it is kept off budget, like the other debt mentioned above, demonstrates the fallacy of the 2013-14 budget.
  • One study showed that California governments are over $1 trillion in debt. Most of that is in the form of unfunded pension and medical liabilities owed to state employees. California’s Legislative Analyst told Brown and the Democrat-run legislature to increase the contributions to the state’s teacher’s pension fund by a paltry $4.5 billion to address its announced $73 billion short fall.
  • The new budget, which includes a call for an increase in spending of 26.2% over the next four years, ignores the Legislative Analyst’s advice. Keep in mind that the main public employee retirement fund is said to be underfunded by $329 billion and that the unfunded medical benefit deficit is said to be $64 billion in the red. The latter figure, according to Brown, is expected to grow 59% in the next four years.
  • If you ignore all that, then California has close to a balanced budget. I say “close” because, in fact, the so-called balanced budget steals (sorry – “borrows”) $500 million from the State’s cap-and-trade environmental emission reduction program. Brown’s budget does that even with the recently passed, retroactive tax increase that produced higher-than-expected revenues.
Sure CA has a balanced budget
So now lets open the boarders and give them free homes since God says so.

Last edited by TVC15; 07-31-2014 at 02:08 PM..
 
Old 07-31-2014, 03:47 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,620,227 times
Reputation: 2075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Who cares about what the others 11 states did. I am talking about this state. I don't ascribe to the herd mentality so you can point your finger at those 11 states while jumping up and down stating "look they did it so should we!!!!"



You clearly have no ability to fully understand that the budget is not balanced in CA...just because Brown says so does not make it so
  • First, to use Jerry Brown’s own words, California has a “wall of debt,” which doesn’t include unfunded pension and medical liability – and that wall of debt is NOT included in the budget. The total amount of that debt is somewhere in the $27 billion range and includes over $10 billion owed to the federal government. That money was used to fund California’s Unemployment Insurance Fund, and California seems to have no plan to pay it back – a sort of “reverse” unfunded mandate, if you will.
  • The fact that California began borrowing that money in 2009 demonstrates the fallacy of the prior claims of balanced budgets. The fact that it is kept off budget, like the other debt mentioned above, demonstrates the fallacy of the 2013-14 budget.
  • One study showed that California governments are over $1 trillion in debt. Most of that is in the form of unfunded pension and medical liabilities owed to state employees. California’s Legislative Analyst told Brown and the Democrat-run legislature to increase the contributions to the state’s teacher’s pension fund by a paltry $4.5 billion to address its announced $73 billion short fall.
  • The new budget, which includes a call for an increase in spending of 26.2% over the next four years, ignores the Legislative Analyst’s advice. Keep in mind that the main public employee retirement fund is said to be underfunded by $329 billion and that the unfunded medical benefit deficit is said to be $64 billion in the red. The latter figure, according to Brown, is expected to grow 59% in the next four years.
  • If you ignore all that, then California has close to a balanced budget. I say “close” because, in fact, the so-called balanced budget steals (sorry – “borrows”) $500 million from the State’s cap-and-trade environmental emission reduction program. Brown’s budget does that even with the recently passed, retroactive tax increase that produced higher-than-expected revenues.
Sure CA has a balanced budget
So now lets open the boarders and give them free homes since God says so.
Its useless to use logic and facts with some people on this forum. They bury their heads in the sand or simply don't care as long as no one disrupts life on their 200 square foot dinghy. Just wait until all the problems and stupid decisions, misuse of funds, waste of water etc..catch up with this state in the next few years. They will be singing a different tune then.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 03:53 PM
 
Location: On the water.
10,487 posts, read 6,432,209 times
Reputation: 8717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Its useless to use logic and facts with some people on this forum.
It certainly is! You said a mouthful there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Just wait until all the problems and stupid decisions, misuse of funds, waste of water etc..catch up with this state in the next few years. They will be singing a different tune then.
By the way, how many times in my nearly 50 adult years in California do you suppose I heard similar predictions? Oh, but this time it's different of course.

Christ, mbell, go treat yourself to a ice cream. Live on the edge a little.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 03:58 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,620,227 times
Reputation: 2075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
It certainly is! You said a mouthful there!
By the way, how many times in my nearly 50 adult years in California do you suppose I heard similar predictions? Oh, but this time it's different of course.

Christ, mbell, go treat yourself to a ice cream. Live on the edge a little.
Are you going to reply to TVC's facts, or keep drinking the kool-aid and believing CA has a balanced budget and surplus? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top