Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:23 PM

185 posts, read 355,403 times

Advertisements

We take in two million legally every year, more than the rest of the world combined! We accept nearly as many visa holders, many of which overstay their visa's. This is not even counting three million illegal aliens crossing the border every year.

A healthy amount of legal immigrants is somewhere around 250,000-300,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 01:29 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
H1B visas are just another way for the Dells and Microsofts of the world to maximize their profits by bringing in cheap labor from China and India. Is that what we want? Foreigners working in our research and national defense labs....that's an honest question.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:48 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
H1B visas are just another way for the Dells and Microsofts of the world to maximize their profits by bringing in cheap labor from China and India. Is that what we want? Foreigners working in our research and national defense labs....that's an honest question.
Tell me about it. We had a Chinese guy who ran off back to China with lab notebooks! Big NO NO - the lab owns those notebooks. I don't think my boss really knew that the Chinese government asks their people to get scientific information while here. We got them back, but the guy probably copied them.

We're very naive with these things in this country - we're too trusting. You have to really dig to find out what these countries are doing. Otherwise, we're led to believe (by our government) that we should "all get along" - well, other countries do not WANT to get along with us, necessarily.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:09 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Simple just look at the agenda of all the main anti-immigration groups. Alipac, FAIR, CIS, NumbersUsa, etc. They all oppose the legal immigration systems i mentioned earlier before. You can't say i'm for legal immigration but i want it to be stopped or cut down dramatically for a couple of years. It is just like saying i'm all for border security but let us stop building the wall and let's stop guarding it for a couple of years. It doesn't make sense.
Go back and read my post and quote where I made the following points you claim I made:

* "I'm for legal immigration but I want it stopped for a couple of years."
* "I'm for legal immigration but I want it cut down dramatically for a couple of years."

I am in favor of our immigration system AS IT STANDS. I do not want any changes made to it. I want the illegal alien invaders deported. Period.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:50 AM

58 posts, read 102,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Maybe they're racists?----just kidding. I have lots of Mexican-Americans in my extended family (including a few older folks who were actual immigrants, and even a few long-ago ILLEGALS).....and NONE of them are in favor of "open borders"---(except for maybe a few Jr. High-School age 'dreamers')....
Or maybe those associated with hate groups per SPLC. PAN's internal org is not a question. Their affiliations, however, are questionable.

Round-em-up-military-on-the-borders or "open borders" is a false dichotomy.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Go back and read my post and quote where I made the following points you claim I made:

* "I'm for legal immigration but I want it stopped for a couple of years."
* "I'm for legal immigration but I want it cut down dramatically for a couple of years."

I am in favor of our immigration system AS IT STANDS. I do not want any changes made to it. I want the illegal alien invaders deported. Period.
Wouldn't want mass deportation to be confused w/ the status quo.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If stores have a problem with shoplifters, why not just declare all merchandise is henceforth FREE? Think of the savings in security costs, police calls, etc.. After all, shoplifters are really "kind of like" shoppers....they're just shoppers who "skip a step" in the shopping process.

There are LOTS of other ways to "streamline" the system, too, if anyone is interested;

(1) Rapists are REALLY just men with problems relating to the opposite sex, and who "won't take 'No' for an answer.....should we REALLY prosecute them?

(2) Carjackers are really just "very persuasive hitchikers"...is THAT so wrong?....

(3) Trespassers are just like "company" who shows up when you're not at home...big deal.

(4) Lots of people drink a lot---and lots of people drive. Why do we get so upset when they do it at the same time?...sheeesh!..And really, if you want to be honest, very few Drunk Drivers actually "Drink and Drive", anyway--most of them "Drink, and THEN Drive". Besides, MOST of them never actually 'hit' anyone anyway. Why not just repeal the silly DUI laws?....

There are LOTS of ways we could cut down on law-enforcement costs, if we wanted to...
Of course all of the above would allow a civil claim against the perpetrators even if no criminal law of any kind existed.

What was the claim that someone went from point A to point B? What were your damages? Prove 'em.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
We take in two million legally every year, more than the rest of the world combined! We accept nearly as many visa holders, many of which overstay their visa's. This is not even counting three million illegal aliens crossing the border every year.

A healthy amount of legal immigrants is somewhere around 250,000-300,000.
Yet several times that number can find work. Who's definition of "healthy" was that?

Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcollegeboy View Post
I've never claimed I support legal immigration.

Immigration should return to its pre-1965 levels.

I freely admit that I'm against immigration as I don't want to be a minority in my own nation.
Callin' BS. What poll says that US persons are against immigration generally, rather than illegal immigration? Not a one worth more than a moments notice.

Hotlink your poll, txcollegeboy.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:13 AM

But one "razista" would discredit all libs & libertarians. Was it about immigration or illegal immigration? PC sez: purge yer own. We'd be 'spected to purge ours.

Who knows. 'Sall teh same in the echo chamber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration