Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 05:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,026,280 times

Advertisements

Illegal Immigration 2015: Obama Administration Creates Immigrant Complaint Hotline, White House Targeting Border Agents, Union Leader Says

When I saw the headline, i thought that there would be a new hotline to report illegals to the government, then read it to find that it's a hotline for THEM to complain against "abuse".

Undocumented immigrants who say they have been mistreated by the government will now be able to share their concerns through a new Department of Homeland Security hotline system rolled out last week amid efforts by the Obama administration to make it easier for people without legal status to avoid deportation and obtain work permits. A memo detailing the customer complaint line said U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials wanted immigrants to "tell us about your experience" if they were treated "contrary to the new DHS enforcement priorities," the Washington Times reported.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 PM

63,067 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Illegal Immigration 2015: Obama Administration Creates Immigrant Complaint Hotline, White House Targeting Border Agents, Union Leader Says

When I saw the headline, i thought that there would be a new hotline to report illegals to the government, then read it to find that it's a hotline for THEM to complain against "abuse".

Undocumented immigrants who say they have been mistreated by the government will now be able to share their concerns through a new Department of Homeland Security hotline system rolled out last week amid efforts by the Obama administration to make it easier for people without legal status to avoid deportation and obtain work permits. A memo detailing the customer complaint line said U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials wanted immigrants to "tell us about your experience" if they were treated "contrary to the new DHS enforcement priorities," the Washington Times reported.
"Undocumented immigrants", hey? First let me correct that PC term as they are illegal aliens. Unbelievable, now immigration authorities will be afraid to do anything to them for fear of losing their jobs over alledged abuse of them? When will this nightmare end? Bet if an American lawbreaker cried abuse while being detained or dealt with in any way by LE the powers that be would laugh in their faces. When did we become a nation coddling foreign lawbreakers?

Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Undocumented immigrants", hey? First let me correct that PC term as they are illegal aliens. Unbelievable, now immigration authorities will be afraid to do anything to them for fear of losing their jobs over alledged abuse of them? When will this nightmare end? Bet if an American lawbreaker cried abuse while being detained or dealt with in any way by LE the powers that be would laugh in their faces. When did we become a nation coddling foreign lawbreakers?
Ok; if the Feds want illegal aliens to "come out of the shadows", I'm def Ok with that if it means arrest and deportation on the spot for their kind.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:11 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times
Ugh, this country is going down the PC criminal-coddling toilet.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,267 times
Yep, welcome to PC world. I hate what is happening.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:11 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,382,674 times
If they don't get their demands met the first time they complain, all they have to do is threaten a hunger strike to have everyone falling all over the criminals.

Every time I think nothing else our government does for illegals could surprise me, they do.

New Flash . . . .
Internal Revenue Service Commissioner John Koskinen told the Senate Finance Committee that the IRS is going to give illegals who benefit from Obama's executive amnesty billions of dollars of tax credits for the years they worked here illegally. That's right, illegal workers will be able to claim back tax credits for up to three years in a move that could total tens of thousands of dollars into their pockets.

Don't Believe me ? ? ?

Google:

232148 irs illegal alien tax credit plan

and

. . . . .And Now To Add Insult To Injury

The Homeland Security Department has set up hotlines for illegal immigrants to complain about whether they were denied Any of their FULL RIGHTS as ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We pay a fortune for taxes. I gasp every time I see how much they take out of my husbands check every 2 weeks. He even has extra money taken out in the hopes that we wont have to pay more when we file, but, it NEVER happens. We still have to borrow money to pay our taxes. Because we aren't criminals (legal or illegal) we have to pay ours or they would have his check garnished in a heart beat. It's happened before when we were set up on a monthly payment plan to the IRS, and had to pay less because of an emergency.

We have enough medical bills to use, except we can't because we don't pay them off in a year. We have to make a thousand dollar payment a month which we'll never see the end of. Illegals don't have to worry about silly things like that though. We were behind a whole passel of them in the grocery store last night, with dad on his fancy cell phone, buying hundreds of dollars of food with a food stamp card. How do I know they were illegal? I always think they are if they can't speak English. Meanwhile my daughter and her boyfriend have to pay a fine because they couldn't afford medical insurance!

What a backward country we have become.

ETA: Also, we're not getting our defunding the way we wanted. What does a legal citizen have to do to get a break in America?

Last edited by Jess5; 02-10-2015 at 04:40 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 06:49 AM

7,817 posts, read 6,407,179 times
Quote:

We should troll the phone line and use it to report illegals.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
We were behind a whole passel of them in the grocery store last night, with dad on his fancy cell phone, buying hundreds of dollars of food with a food stamp card. How do I know they were illegal? I always think they are if they can't speak English. Meanwhile my daughter and her boyfriend have to pay a fine because they couldn't afford medical insurance!
Oh really? What if you're like my family who speak Spanish in public amongst ourselves? Think we're illegal aliens too? Sheesh! You DO realize that there are millions of natural born US citizens, called Puerto Ricans, who speak Spanish as a native language? Not everyone with brown skin or "funny looking eyes" is a potential illegal immigrant

Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,476,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Illegals don't have to worry about silly things like that though. We were behind a whole passel of them in the grocery store last night, with dad on his fancy cell phone, buying hundreds of dollars of food with a food stamp card. How do I know they were illegal? I always think they are if they can't speak English. Meanwhile my daughter and her boyfriend have to pay a fine because they couldn't afford medical insurance!

What a backward country we have become.

ETA: Also, we're not getting our defunding the way we wanted. What does a legal citizen have to do to get a break in America?
Wow, so many right wing 'urban myths' all rolled into one post… impressive!

But you're right, anyone who manages to find their way into the wealthiest country on earth, and yet still has trouble speaking english (aka "illegals"), is obviously less than human and doesn't deserve food, water, simple courtesy, or any rights whatsoever!

And the very idea of Americans finally having nationalized health care, just like the rest of the modern world… yeah, that is pretty "backward" alright!

Although anyone who still can't find a way to avoid the Obamacare "penalty" these days, obviously must have "other", way more serious problems with their life!
Millions can get Obamacare tax break—many won't bother
20 million or more of the 40 million people who lacked insurance in 2014 may be exempt from the Obamacare tax penalty for failing to have health insurance.

But the many of those potentially exempt people might not bother to seek such a waiver by citing one of about 30 conditions.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:40 AM

63,067 posts, read 29,263,489 times
I've never thought just because someone is speaking Spanish that they are here illegally. I just wonder why if they are citizens why they choose to do so rather than speaking English but that's a different topic from illegal immigration so let's not let the flames begin on this one again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration