Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:55 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times

Advertisements

John Ratzenberger: Made in America

Americans needs help!

When you make your next purchase.. when you pick up something at the store.. even the grocery store.. take a look to see where its made... We CAN make difference.. We CAN tell the stores.. we don't and we won't buy those cheaply-made,, cheap slave labor products from china and mexico. Big business who has picked-up stakes and who have moved to mexico just to put more profits in thier pockets.. can NOW go belly-up for all I care. Keep manufacturing jobs in AMERICA... BUY American!

Last edited by Arizona Bound; 01-19-2008 at 06:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 06:25 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,761 times
Cool I hear ya!

My Wife and I take the time to investigate where everything is made, from clothing and gadgets to food and medicines.

If it isn't made in America and America does not make said item we need to purchase then it had better be made in Canada or we won't buy it.

Remember the slogan "Buy American?". That's when we were unashamed to tell the world we were proud of our country and supported our own manufacturers.

...and I like John Ratzenberger's tv shows.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:33 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Thumbs up Here is a good link....

How Americans Can Buy American

excuse me while i run off to WALMART!!!...

Have a good day!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
How Americans Can Buy American

excuse me while i run off to WALMART!!!...

Have a good day!
Thank You!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:52 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post

Americans needs help!

When you make your next purchase.. when you pick up something at the store.. even the grocery store.. take a look to see where its made... We CAN make difference.. We CAN tell the stores.. we don't and we won't buy those cheaply-made,, cheap slave labor products from china and mexico. Big business who has picked-up stakes and who have moved to mexico just to put more profits in thier pockets.. can NOW go belly-up for all I care. Keep manufacturing jobs in AMERICA... BUY American!
Nice idea and very unrealistic. The only reason why manufacturing jobs have left this country is because economically, it does not make sense to keep producing something at a higher price if the same product can be had at a lower price. The steel industry for example, left this country because there are just too many countries that can deliver it cheaper. In Economics, whoever can supply it the cheapest will meet the demand and capture that market share. China now is the # 1 steel importer in the world because they achieved a level of efficiency in production that is far more competitive than the American steel industry. This is great overall because it encourages each country to focus on what they do best, the concept is called comparative advantage. Trying to bring back manufacturing jobs to the USA is like trying to put the omellette back in the eggshells, it does not make sense economically.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:57 AM

216 posts, read 723,922 times
Great Post! Yes, individually we need to make better decisions from overpackaging to buying American. The lead paint scare from Chinese products has made people more cautious and raised awareness. It is a start, but the idea needs to be promoted. Where are those "buy American" commercials that used to air? I haven't seen one in awhile.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:50 AM

436 posts, read 810,195 times
Does owning a foreign car, built in America, count?

I usually do look where the item is made, BUT- until the US carmakers can offer me the quality and warranty of my current vehicle, I will not consider buying American.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:56 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post

Americans needs help!

Made in America....by illegal immigrants from Mexico

Old 01-19-2008, 08:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Does owning a foreign car, built in America, count?

I usually do look where the item is made, BUT- until the US carmakers can offer me the quality and warranty of my current vehicle, I will not consider buying American.
Or; any vehicle like say a Chevy Suburban with '3' as the first digit of the VIN?

1 USA
2 Canada
3 Mexico

Old 01-19-2008, 09:16 AM

we have American BRAND name auto's being made in mexico.. and we have Japanese BRAND auto's being made in America..

I really don't care.. what the Brand-name is.. if the manufacturing plant is in the U.S. that means Americans are able to feed thier family...

It's an uphill battle.. keeping jobs in America FOR Americans.. and keeping the illegals from stealing American jobs..

importing the crap from china and mexico... won't keep Americans working...
Everyone knows..keeping jobs in America "for" Americans = progression for Americans.

buy cheap "out of America" products now.. pay dearly later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration