Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 08:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post

I don't know anything about illegal aliens obtaining section 8 housing or EBT cards. Not in my State.
Are you serious? You live in NY which has rolled out the welcome mat for illegals. If you don't know anything about illegals obtaining section 8 housing or EBT cards, then you are either not paying attention or are being willfully ignorant.

As I said (you might have missed this part)---Once they birth an anchor baby, the whole family benefits as in being eligible for section 8 housing and EBT cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
The unemployment rate going down a couple points doesn't mean much for the prosperity of most Americans. Most of the new jobs are low paying and/or part time. Not to mention that people who gave up looking are no longer counted. Buying power for the medium income worker is down about 10% in the last decade. So congratulations. We've successfully increased our poor working population and the number of people not bothering to look anymore. I guess that means we need a few more million third world immigrations for our race to accumulate poor people? Immigrants are a work force. But so are the billions in China and India, so why don't we move them all here, if that's a good thing to a bigger work force in numbers alone?
Agreed tho China's starting to have labor shortages which are forcing that country's wages UP.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:30 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho China's starting to have labor shortages which are forcing that country's wages UP.
Not surprising. Capitalism is based on expansion. A billion people is not enough to server the manufacturing needs of the first world or is it enough for the thirst for profits of the businesses using the labor. So either land, labor or capital must be increased or made more efficient to keep capitalism expanding. Looks like labor has been used up via outsourcing. This is why they are pushing third worlders on us. Lower our wages and keep the benefits of our location and political climate. Capitalism hates stagnation of profits. It shuts down. Not that I don't like capitalism. It just has this drawbacks. At some point we (as a world) will come to a grinding halt. That will be another depression.

I came up with this theory when I was 19, now I'm 40 and I see it happening. It's always interesting the efforts to avoid end game.

Last edited by FelixTheCat; 08-16-2015 at 10:13 PM..

Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
There is an easy answer to the fun they were having with numbers in that article.

The easy answer is that we need immigrants to achieve population growth, without immigrants our population does not grow. So in their numbers, it's just fun math.
We do NOT need population growth. More people means less space for all living things. You like living in your cramped apartment? I like like my six acres with large evergreens, ponds and a creek where I can watch animals and not listen to the neighbors argue.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Op your part of the bigger problem here. I too have many friends who actually did immigrate here. Waited there turn and it was a long turn, did not happen over night. And waited out the process. But waited it out they did, because they knew the meaning of what an actual American Citizen meant to them and there family.

How dare you give free loaders a free pass, I don't care if these are your neighbors. I too have a family next to a rental that I own. That has lack of respect for the neighbors in this nice area. The owner is Mexican, 14 people living in the home, and recently found out thru our renters and neighbors there, that half are illegal. I have already made the proper phone calls, and this family is being looked into.

Problem is you and anyone who thinks just like you. How dare these free loading people climb ahead of the bus, when good decent law abiding people have waited out their turn.

I actually care about future generations of Americans and our now kids, and there kids, and what the hell are they going to have to put up with because of people like you. What kind of Country will we be leaving our kids, grandkids, and future generations. Because some feel that breaking the laws has priority over doing what is legal and right.

Hey OP try doing the same things illegals pull in this Country. In there Country of Mexico, see how far you get!

Old 08-18-2015, 11:37 AM

17 posts, read 9,165 times
Default Your neighbors come here ilegally

So if someone that you don't know walks into your house....... you are just fine with that?

Old 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrr777 View Post
So if someone that you don't know walks into your house....... you are just fine with that?
What do you have against undocumented roommates?

Old 08-18-2015, 12:29 PM

17 posts, read 9,165 times
Default Hey

What do you have against coming to the country legally. I'm not saying deport them. All I am saying is if you come here illegally than you can't get legal status until you have paid a fine or some criminal penalty. I mean if I break the law I deal with the penalty is that not fair.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:53 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A workforce that we don't need at this time and we never need illegal aliens for anything. We have 23 million Americans out of work so no, employment rates are not good.
That has been established several times both for illegals and the high number of HB1.

Also I found this on Section 8 in one location: ColumbiaCounty97051: How Illegal Alien Mexicans Get Section 8 Housing Vouchers and this is more than kind of interesting: The vehicles of Section 8 Housing (Vanity) and Facebook post claims nearly 60 percent of public housing residents are illegal immigrants | PolitiFact

So, the anchor baby gets them government housing and that point, it isn't considered giving housing to illegals thus the lesser number. A child shouldn't be able to get housing on their own anyway because that makes no sense at all. You would think they would run SSNs for everyone in the house to verify income, of course, you can't verify under the table wages.

There will continue to be noise about illegal immigration until something is done. It is just SO good that Trump has pushed it into the face of everyone. No more denying the problem.

No one believe this is racism, if you do, explain why the poll said that 25% of the legal Hispanics didn't want to see a "pathway to citizenship" for illegals.

All illegals are criminals and they must be dealt with per the laws on the books. We aren't asking for anything special. Just enforce the laws.

Let's hope they invite to the OP to the big going away party!

Old 08-18-2015, 12:56 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Hi,

I have been reading discussions on illegals for some-time now. Trump is trying to stay controversial and so he engages in troll like rhetoric that is borderline racism targeted at our neighboring country.

I have read many opinions, unill I asked myself where do these illegals live. You see, I am in NJ but this is a suburb of NYC.
Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Now as long as were talking about MY neighbors (I don't know what the situation in Florida or Texas is like) But for my neighbors, I do wish the American dream.

So. NO you will not deport my Neighbors !

I am not going to give Liberals a free pass to pass laws that make no sense, but we can move in the direction of giving illegals means to get legalized.
Tell me why liberals just ignore the laws we do have...

How long do you think this country will be the country we all know with millions flooding over the border. Do you not see the reason for a border in the first place? If you love foreign countries and people so much, just move there. You can't legalize them all....you just can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration