Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 09:30 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times

Advertisements

Yoi sound very literate, pulgarcito. What type of work do you perform? In what state?

Although you claim to "pay taxes," I am sure you are not paying income taxes. You also appear to have a pretty good assessment of our government. Tell us about YOUR government from whence you came. Dollars to donuts, your government, as is with the rest of the world, more than likely comes down hard on those sneaking into its country illegally.

All of that being said, I feel like our collective legs are being pulled. It is a waste of time that could be better used on vacuuming or folding socks rather than responding to your bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 06:56 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
I pay taxes so I feel I am doing my part. I'm not evading taxes or anything. I don't feel I am harming anyone but YMMV.
Illegal immigration harms all American citizens in some form or another no matter how you "feel". The job you are holding should be held by an American.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Yoi sound very literate, pulgarcito. What type of work do you perform? In what state?

Although you claim to "pay taxes," I am sure you are not paying income taxes. You also appear to have a pretty good assessment of our government. Tell us about YOUR government from whence you came. Dollars to donuts, your government, as is with the rest of the world, more than likely comes down hard on those sneaking into its country illegally.

All of that being said, I feel like our collective legs are being pulled. It is a waste of time that could be better used on vacuuming or folding socks rather than responding to your bait.
I'm getting that same feeling he's not really an illegal alien, just being a joker.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:52 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Study by a self-described center-right think tank suggest that the cost of a Romney style deportation and self-deportation program would take 20 years and cost an estimated $400 - $600 billion in direct costs and another $1.6 trillion in GDP.

Deporting 11 Million People Could Cost $400-600 Billion, Study Finds - The Atlantic

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for that budget hearing...
Illegals are given money to relocate in the United States.. one illegal will get a few thousand dollars tax money to move across country to another state. How is that for spending?

Old 08-31-2015, 04:06 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
I'm not robbing anyone or displacing anybody. The only illegal thing I have done is cross the border illegally. Like I said before I'm ok if people want to call me an illegal alien. I wish more illegals like me felt the same way so more important issues would get discussed besides what is politically correct and what is not.

But of course politicians always do what they know best, they give us empty promises. Some promise deportation others promise amnesty but in reality none of them are gonna do anything. TPTB wants us we illegals to stay. We illegals have to find ways to make ourselves legal and once we do that we will get replaced with new illegals. In the meantime. Our politicians will be promising rose gardens to both the anti illegal immigration crowd and proamnesty groups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm getting that same feeling he's not really an illegal alien, just being a joker.
That's what I am thinking. Using "our politicians", well, they might be MINE but an illegal has no politicians in the USA. Plus, not committing any other crimes? It is next to impossible for an illegal to be here and not continue to commit crime but, who cares, the crime of illegally entering is all it takes to send them home.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:16 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Default The Cost of Mass Deportations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Study by a self-described center-right think tank suggest that the cost of a Romney style deportation and self-deportation program would take 20 years and cost an estimated $400 - $600 billion in direct costs and another $1.6 trillion in GDP.

Deporting 11 Million People Could Cost $400-600 Billion, Study Finds - The Atlantic

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for that budget hearing...
Even if all that is true (and I'm not saying it is), but if it is, it would still save us money. Crime would go down, hospitals would be less crowded with less ER over-usage, We could stop with the stupid 1 or 2 question and talk English. We'd save on signage, schools would be less crowded. More jobs would be available so more taxes would flow in. Prisons would be less crowded.

Everything gets better.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:20 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
I'm not self deporting. I am planning to stay in the U.S. til the last minute. Of course I would love to be legal but at this time it's not happening.
What is wrong with Mexico? You got the culture, the food, the people, the family, the language. You leave all behind for a job at McDonald’s?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:25 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
There is already a process in place for you to come here legally and to become a citizen.
That’s not entirely true. 99% of people will never qualify to become US citizens. It is not just a question of waiting. That’s why they take the law in their own hands and just cross the border. They know the invitation isn’t forth coming.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:33 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post

From one Annie to another, good post, especially the last part.

eta: I'll also pay my fair share toward a few deportations. I am over 70, can't afford to quit work and pay my taxes but, I would pay for deportation....

Old 09-02-2015, 02:41 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Even if all that is true (and I'm not saying it is), but if it is, it would still save us money. Crime would go down, hospitals would be less crowded with less ER over-usage, We could stop with the stupid 1 or 2 question and talk English. We'd save on signage, schools would be less crowded. More jobs would be available so more taxes would flow in. Prisons would be less crowded.

Everything gets better.
That is pretty much the same arguments used against the waves of Italian and Irish migrants in the early 20th century.

Things seem to have turned out fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration