Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 04:52 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Study by a self-described center-right think tank suggest that the cost of a Romney style deportation and self-deportation program would take 20 years and cost an estimated $400 - $600 billion in direct costs and another $1.6 trillion in GDP.

Deporting 11 Million People Could Cost $400-600 Billion, Study Finds - The Atlantic

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for that budget hearing...
In Europe illegal get over a thousand dollars to go back and some have come back more than once and openly have stated that the Dutch government paid for them to be able to start their own business in their home country.

Add up more than one in one family and isn't that a great way to go as an illegal and get money to return

No strings attached like they should do like it they get caught upon return that there are consequences not that illegal even care as they don't care about breaking the law but like here the government seems to be more interested to go after their own citizens to obey the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 07:14 AM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That is pretty much the same arguments used against the waves of Italian and Irish migrants in the early 20th century.

Things seem to have turned out fine.
Doesn't really matter what was said in the past about legal immigrants. The point is that we have immigration laws today and we are actually seeing the negative impact of illegal immigration. We don't have nearly the jobs and resources that we had back then to accommodate uncontrolled legal or illegal immigration today. Illegal immigration brings in all kinds of unsavory characters because they don't undergo background or health checks.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:54 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Quote:
Study by a self-described center-right think tank suggest that the cost of a Romney style deportation and self-deportation program would take 20 years and cost an estimated $400 - $600 billion in direct costs and another $1.6 trillion in GDP.

Deporting 11 Million People Could Cost $400-600 Billion, Study Finds - The Atlantic

Actually you just do it through requiring only legals to be employed...

Remove the welfare and freebies

Illegals will hop in buses, vans, cars and start heading home.

Mexico can build a wall..

Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That is pretty much the same arguments used against the waves of Italian and Irish migrants in the early 20th century.

Things seem to have turned out fine.
There was NO bilingual help for the aliens of 100 years ago; either they made it or they went back home. Too; MOST of those people who came here did it legally under the laws of the time.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:12 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
That’s not entirely true. 99% of people will never qualify to become US citizens. It is not just a question of waiting. That’s why they take the law in their own hands and just cross the border. They know the invitation isn’t forth coming.
It is entirely true. Is it easy? No it isn't, but then most things in life that are worthwhile are easy. Is it cheap? Nope, but it is attainable. Is it worth it? That all depends on how the US decides to handle the immigration issue in the future. I know for my neighbors, it was well worth the wait, time and money. They are doing well. Much better than had they come across illegally. It is attainable to virtually any common citizen of any nation of good character.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:50 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:

..................... but, of course, it would save $100 billion every year in the cost of maintaining the illegals and would be very cost effective.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:31 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The Democrats will come up with any story to discourage securing the border.

Democrats, lawlessness is thy name.
Republicans, BS is thy game!

Donny's said he'd do this quickly, I doubt 20 years counts as quickly in this case.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:22 PM

587 posts, read 379,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What is wrong with Mexico? You got the culture, the food, the people, the family, the language. You leave all behind for a job at McDonald’s?
No I don't their get their culture. Maybe some people do if they live in Los Angeles, CA or were born in Mexico. I don't even like spicy food.

I also don't work at McDonald's. You must be confusing me with the other poster who said he did. And wanted to get paid $15 an hour. I don't recall his screen name.

Speaking of deportation I am fine if our politicians (yes I call them that because I live in the U.S. and pretty soon I'm gonna legalise my status)I'm ok if our politicians cut some benefits to illegal aliens. I also think an anchor child should wait until he turns 18 or 21 to receive government benefits. That would eliminate the undesirable illegals that don't contributing to our society.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:41 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
No I don't their get their culture. Maybe some people do if they live in Los Angeles, CA or were born in Mexico. I don't even like spicy food.

I also don't work at McDonald's. You must be confusing me with the other poster who said he did. And wanted to get paid $15 an hour. I don't recall his screen name.

Speaking of deportation I am fine if our politicians (yes I call them that because I live in the U.S. and pretty soon I'm gonna legalise my status)I'm ok if our politicians cut some benefits to illegal aliens. I also think an anchor child should wait until he turns 18 or 21 to receive government benefits. That would eliminate the undesirable illegals that don't contributing to our society.
So, I take it, you are under the age of 18 1/2 and were brought here illegally as a minor? If so, once you turn 18 1/2, you will officially be considered to be out of status. If you are older than that, you should have changed your status by now. That is, if you are actually here illegally

Old 09-02-2015, 02:50 PM

587 posts, read 379,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, I take it, you are under the age of 18 1/2 and were brought here illegally as a minor? If so, once you turn 18 1/2, you will officially be considered to be out of status. If you are older than that, you should have changed your status by now. That is, if you are actually here illegally
at this time I don't need immigration advice over the internet. I already hired a lawyer. Thanks though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration