Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
While that may be true, tax payers were not forced to fund immigrants lifestyles, their childrens education or their health care needs.
While you may be right there is no written law that says Americans must pay income taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 01:23 AM

335 posts, read 1,029,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Memo to DD70: even if the info is 50% less than what SimpleMan posted----------the above i still not acceptable.

Make life a living hell here for the illegal immigrants and their enablers-------as is being done here in Arizona as well as Oklahoma.
I saw this and I saw his sources....the second one, enough said. I have always relied on the US dept of justice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i'm just going to keep saying it until i'm even bluer in the face!!!! forget about deporting the illegals, it's a waste of money [ALOT OF MONEY]. they'll just come back over anyway. END THE GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS AND PROSECUTE THE PARASITE EMPLOYERS THAT HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS. THEY WILL SELF DEPORT!!
Well I feel that this pertains to All that abuse this , by all I mean all ethnic groups! As far as the Employers I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
While you may be right there is no written law that says Americans must pay income taxes.
Let us not forget that while Illegals (when this term is used as of late it usually pertains to Mexicans) are not the only ones who abuse the system thank you, end of story. I have personally seen the numbers of non-Mexican individuals whom use and abuse our "system" usually young unwed mothers that did not think ahead so for their mistake I must pay for it?

Old 02-03-2008, 08:20 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
Quote:
Without prompting, Ruiz brings up the million-dollar question: “I don’t see assimilation,” he says. “They want to hold on [to Hispanic culture].” Ruiz thinks that today’s Mexican immigrant is a “totally different kind of person” from the past. Some come with a chip on their shoulder toward the United States, he says, which they blame for the political and economic failure of their home countries. Rather than aggressively seizing the opportunities available to them, especially in education, they have learned to play the victim card, he thinks. Ruiz advocates a much more aggressive approach. “We need to explain, ‘We’ll help you assimilate up to a certain point, but then you have to take advantage of what’s here.’ ”

Ruiz’s observations will strike anyone who has hired eager Mexican and Central American workers as incredible. I pressed him repeatedly, insisting that Americans see Mexican immigrants as cheerful and hardworking, but he was adamant. “We’re creating an underclass,” he maintained
The Immigrant Gang Plague by Heather Mac Donald, City Journal Summer 2004

Old 02-03-2008, 09:49 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
Quote:
When you get out of college and get a good paying job, try not paying and see what happens.....I'm sure the IRS will be glad to show you the laws on paying taxes....

Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Even if 50% of that article is true; it is still not acceptable.

All 50 states need laws similar to either Arizona or Oklahoma to make life a living hell here for illegals-------and, the Anchor Baby loophole needs to be closed (with a grandfather clause for those kids born prior to the cutoff date).

Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
When you get out of college and get a good paying job, try not paying and see what happens.....I'm sure the IRS will be glad to show you the laws on paying taxes....
Did I say I wasn't going to pay? Exactly. But Wesley Snipes got away with it

Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Yeah, and in a few years they'll invade that place too. There is no area of the U.S. you can hide in from this, unless you're very wealthy and you can afford to live in a gated community with private security.
Good news:

About this, I'm glad to report you're mistaken.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Good news:

About this, I'm glad to report you're mistaken.

Exactly. That guy is pretty clueless. Since when can illegals afford to live in multi-million dollar homes with out having multi-million dollar jobs?!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
My God, what has happened to our education system?!!

Let me introduce you to the Sixteenth Amendment to the US Constitution:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

This gives Congress the right to collect income tax. For specific law, you can read the Internal Revenue Code: Tax Code, Regulations and Official Guidance

Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
My God, what has happened to our education system?!!

Let me introduce you to the Sixteenth Amendment to the US Constitution:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

This gives Congress the right to collect income tax. For specific law, you can read the Internal Revenue Code: Tax Code, Regulations and Official Guidance

Explain to me why the Movie America to Facism was created, and Wesley Snipes was acquitted. No, I did not learn this at school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration