Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 02:19 PM

59,346 posts, read 27,515,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
If he hired and ILLEGAL immigrant than that makes it ILLEGAL...much like paying for stolen property...and no I am not comparing people to property but its the same thing...and not trump specifically people who hire illegal immigrants need to be fined/jailed.
"If he hired and ILLEGAL immigrant than that makes it ILLEGAL."

I agree. But as usual the devil is in the details.

He hires a contractor to do a job. IF the contractor does NOT follow the law he is NOT responsible.

The accusation was they HE DID BREAK A LAW and SHOULD BE IN JAIL

As far as I know, he has NOT been convicted of anything.

The accusation has NOT been settled in court YET.

YOU made a DEFINITIVE statement. " I don't get why we go after the heads of any other organization of illegal activity but we don't fine/arrest the Donald Trumps of the world."

So I ask, WHAT court has found him guilty of what you allege?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 06:37 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,225,315 times
I went into a supermarket and had a guy come over to me and asked me if I could tell him was was written on a package of rolls from the bakery. I couldn't.. I told him we need to take a course in Spanish to go shopping. He laughed.

I proceeded to the check out with my groceries.. to see a family ahead of me.
The anchor babies are giving the parents a free ride..in the supermarket was a family with four young kids who spent 290 dollars on specialty cakes, rib eye steaks, bags of shrimp and specialty drinks on our dime. Their welfare card paid for it. Expensive taste for someone getting free food.. And I know that many hard working Americans are buying hot dogs and hamburgers for their Memorial day celebration.

When the clerk spoke to them they didn't understand ..This is why Trump is so popular and Trump saying "We take better care of illegals than our vets".
We are angry.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:07 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,499,605 times
My hal-sister works as a hotel maid. She wasn't capable enough to get past high school. She is a hard worker, though. Her fellow workers are Hispanic. She makes about $12.50 an hour after 8 years. She has always worked minimum wage jobs. She has no retirement, planning on working until she is 70. My other half-sister and I plan to help out. She won't yet enough in ssa to get by so will have to get subsidized housing and possibly food stamps. This is our lower class worker. The money spent on refugees and illegal aliens plus those elderly who arrive with immigrant families get a better deal than she does. Look up refugee benefits.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:27 PM

189 posts, read 196,509 times
1. Build the wall. It can be done. It needs to be done.

2. Stop H1B visa abuses

3. Stop handing out student visas like tourist brochures

4. Mininum wage adjustments. I support a youth minimum wage for people under 21. Then maybe our young and bright US citizens will be considered for jobs over immigrants for a change.

Bottom line put US citizens first! It is time that we do discriminate a little in this nation to get it back on track. Crooked Hillary and Crazy Bernie aint going to do that

Old 05-28-2016, 09:33 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,673,439 times
I do not see the business owner as the person who should be at all responsible for hiring illegals. If this government were doing its job, they would not be here to hire.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:01 AM

304 posts, read 160,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"If he hired and ILLEGAL immigrant than that makes it ILLEGAL."

I agree. But as usual the devil is in the details.

He hires a contractor to do a job. IF the contractor does NOT follow the law he is NOT responsible.

The accusation was they HE DID BREAK A LAW and SHOULD BE IN JAIL

As far as I know, he has NOT been convicted of anything.

The accusation has NOT been settled in court YET.

YOU made a DEFINITIVE statement. " I don't get why we go after the heads of any other organization of illegal activity but we don't fine/arrest the Donald Trumps of the world."

So I ask, WHAT court has found him guilty of what you allege?
You are right and I shouldn't of made a definitive statement like that so i will admit poor choice of words and mistake.
Now Trump has been accused of hiring illegals but again nothing definitive if anything it sounds like he should have better oversight of the contractors HE hires who are not following the law if that is the case but then we are just getting overly picky and its his mess to sort out unless he is actively pushing for it which is a whole other can of worms but without proof its all speculation and i deplore conspiracy theories.

The topic is about illegal immigration in general and despite popular belief this has been an on going problem since before many of us were born. A wall won't do anything. Actually many..not all but many people come here on legal visas/passports then don't board the plane home. If they can scrounge up $$ for a plane ticket or gas money or whatever then just don't turn back and find their way "underground" so to speak...so what do we do then...cut off all tourism?

Anchor babies is another topic and they are right, maybe we do the tough choice and break up the families...send the parents home but keep the children...it might be tough to call yourself "pro-family" after that but how many parents will jump the border knowing their children will be taken from them and they will be sent packing? if that's the case they want their kids to be Americans so bad go through local adoption agencies and have their children become citizen the legal way through naturalization. I know many people including my wife who were born in another country went through a legal adoption, to working American parents who became a naturalized citizen and now a productive member of society..they can never be president but hey not everyone can anyway...unless you want to cut off foreign adoptions (and trust me the $$ it cost to adopt, these people are not moochers so the point is probably moot).

I also saw someone say why go after the business owners if there was no illegals they wouldn't hire them....simple if you go after the business owners pocketbook they loose their incentive to hire the illegals and that would solve the problem quicker.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 AM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
You are right and I shouldn't of made a definitive statement like that so i will admit poor choice of words and mistake.
Now Trump has been accused of hiring illegals but again nothing definitive if anything it sounds like he should have better oversight of the contractors HE hires who are not following the law if that is the case but then we are just getting overly picky and its his mess to sort out unless he is actively pushing for it which is a whole other can of worms but without proof its all speculation and i deplore conspiracy theories.

The topic is about illegal immigration in general and despite popular belief this has been an on going problem since before many of us were born. A wall won't do anything. Actually many..not all but many people come here on legal visas/passports then don't board the plane home. If they can scrounge up $$ for a plane ticket or gas money or whatever then just don't turn back and find their way "underground" so to speak...so what do we do then...cut off all tourism?

Anchor babies is another topic and they are right, maybe we do the tough choice and break up the families...send the parents home but keep the children...it might be tough to call yourself "pro-family" after that but how many parents will jump the border knowing their children will be taken from them and they will be sent packing? if that's the case they want their kids to be Americans so bad go through local adoption agencies and have their children become citizen the legal way through naturalization. I know many people including my wife who were born in another country went through a legal adoption, to working American parents who became a naturalized citizen and now a productive member of society..they can never be president but hey not everyone can anyway...unless you want to cut off foreign adoptions (and trust me the $$ it cost to adopt, these people are not moochers so the point is probably moot).

I also saw someone say why go after the business owners if there was no illegals they wouldn't hire them....simple if you go after the business owners pocketbook they loose their incentive to hire the illegals and that would solve the problem quicker.
Walls do work otherwise why are there walls around homes, businesses, etc.? A 700 mile wall on the on the most porous areas of our southern border has already been approved by congress. It needs to be built. Ever heard of tunnel sensors? The visa over stayer issue needs to be addressed also.

There is no need to break up families. If they are decent parents they will take their U.S. born minor children back to their homelands with them. I don't know of any of us that don't want e-verify to
stop the employers but the illegals themselves are equally guilty they are both breaking the law. Unless we remove the rest of the incentives for them to come here just removing the job one won't work. Benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids are the other things that bring them here.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Walls do work otherwise why are there walls around homes, businesses, etc.? A 700 mile wall on the on the most porous areas of our southern border has already been approved by congress. It needs to be built. Ever heard of tunnel sensors? The visa over stayer issue needs to be addressed also.

There is no need to break up families. If they are decent parents they will take their U.S. born minor children back to their homelands with them. I don't know of any of us that don't want e-verify to
stop the employers but the illegals themselves are equally guilty they are both breaking the law. Unless we remove the rest of the incentives for them to come here just removing the job one won't work. Benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids are the other things that bring them here.

People break into homes with walls as well. It may cut things down but people can climb and go under walls...there are walls around prisons with razor wire all around it and guards on constant patrol but people manage to break out...It might help but it won't shut things down. There are also people who Swim to shore...Cubans are big on that but as the rules goes if they reach American soil they can't be deported....been like that for years.

Decent parents are not bringing them back. The biggest incentive is that the child is a cash cow according to some people. so maybe we should seriously consider breaking up the families. Is it cold and heartless yes but everyone says take away incentives...doing this is quicker, easier and probably cheaper than changing the constitution. If they were decent parents they wouldn't want to lose their kids or do things the legal way

Old 06-07-2016, 06:38 PM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
People break into homes with walls as well. It may cut things down but people can climb and go under walls...there are walls around prisons with razor wire all around it and guards on constant patrol but people manage to break out...It might help but it won't shut things down. There are also people who Swim to shore...Cubans are big on that but as the rules goes if they reach American soil they can't be deported....been like that for years.

Decent parents are not bringing them back. The biggest incentive is that the child is a cash cow according to some people. so maybe we should seriously consider breaking up the families. Is it cold and heartless yes but everyone says take away incentives...doing this is quicker, easier and probably cheaper than changing the constitution. If they were decent parents they wouldn't want to lose their kids or do things the legal way

The number of people that walls are able to deter is much higher than those who are able to penetrate them and that should be the goal. With your rationale no one should have any walls because they aren't always 100% effective.

Cubans aren't illegal aliens once they are able to get here. However, I object to this practice anyway.

If these parents aren't taking their minor kids with them when deported then they aren't decent, loving parents. Birthright citizenship needs to be addressed and laws in place that if the parents are here illegally that household gets no government handouts. However, the former would have to be changed first.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The number of people that walls are able to deter is much higher than those who are able to penetrate them and that should be the goal. With your rationale no one should have any walls because they aren't always 100% effective.

Cubans aren't illegal aliens once they are able to get here. However, I object to this practice anyway.

If these parents aren't taking their minor kids with them when deported then they aren't decent, loving parents. Birthright citizenship needs to be addressed and laws in place that if the parents are here illegally that household gets no government handouts. However, the former would have to be changed first.

The wall will deter the "loners" but it wont deter where I believe the majority of these illegals are coming from.....The people who come here legally...mainly saying visiting the us for vacation or education then not boarding the plane, car or whatever home. Goes back to my point of are we going to cut off tourism then? What about study abroad opportunities cut those off too? As I mention a fair amount come into the country through the "proper channels" then don't leave or renew visas.

Also and I don;t want to make assumptions on your thinking so if I am wrong my apologies but how do you think some of these guys are getting here? Its not like they just stroll across the boarder without a care in the world and the only reason they do it is because no wall was there. They bribe people..mayeb even border guards...cops are bought off from drug cartels and organized crime all the time..since smuggling illegals can be considered organized crime I am lumping in bribing of border officials as well. People like freight haulers. Smugglers..i believe the lingo in the southwest is "coyotes" Texas/Arizona tourist who they hide in their trunk or something. You know how many cars go back and forth through the border. A non-threatening looking family is usually waived through...been like that for years...since pre-Reagan, hell maybe even pre-Kennedy.

As for the other point, changing the Constitution is the only way to take away birth right citizenship and that's a long process without a high success rate. Lets face it...if a U.S. parent commits a crime they go to jail. Doesn't matter if they have kids or not right? If you are a parent and get caught stealing you go to jail. You don't get to bring your kid with you. Can I say you aren't a decent parent because you won't take your kid to lockup? these parents committed a crime the punishment is deportation. You lost your kid well you should've thought about it much like the American citizen should've thought about that before they stole/sold drugs/whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration