Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 05:06 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There are a lot of ideas out there about how to enforce immigration policy. One good idea is the crack down on employers, but that will not help get the illegals directly. A better idea is to require proof of legal status at all hospitals. Sooner or later, they will end up there. If a person is illegal, the hospital turns them over to ICE.
Make hospitals, schools, medical clinics, employers, etc. mandated reporters that must report anyone that shows up and is suspicious. Pregnant illegals are covered from conception to birth and need to removed before their baby is born. Schools need to go back to requiring birth certificates like they used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
But that would créate a problem of public health if ilegal immigrants are spreading viruses fearful of going to a policized hospital.

And also will créate undergorund healh care facilities.
No, we toss them the minute they arrive. They don't go to get treated for diseases. Generally, it is for maternity and delivery or work related accidents where the illegal alien isn't covered by the employer. Illegal aliens use the emergency room 3 times more than a US citizen, we, the US citizens can't afford it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
the problem was never about inability to catch them. It is about lack of willingness to catch them under previous presidents.

Basically previous administrations did a bad thing in executing the law. The law is the law, you can't choose to implement only partially. Trump is doing nothing run. In fact, deportation is the only right thing to do. If you don't like the consequence, change the damn law first and don't blame to person for doing his job.

As I said before, if a mother kills her husband, she will still be put into prison, despite the fact her 5 kids end up parentless, which is beyond the point.
Excellent post. It has been about not enforcing the law and letting them run hog wild! We don't need reform, we need enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here near the border they hide in plain sight.
What is there to hide for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I've said this all along. There really is no need for a wall. Make it a felony and a $10,000 fine to harbor, employ, house or otherwise aid and abet illegals. They will self deport in a heartbeat.
We already have laws, let's just enforce the ones we have. BUT, we need the Wall also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
of course. the fact that a child was born in the US doesnt automatically give his parents the right to stay in the US permanently. I don't know why people keep using the excuse to argue against deporting illegal immigrants.

All illegal immigrants should be deported under any circumstances. This is what the law requires.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5a7845a07525

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
It doesn't matter if you "get the illegals directly" does it?

They can't work they self deport. Problem solved.

I agree with Alonso that the last thing you want is to make any person in this country fearful of getting required medical attention.
Nope. Here the jobs have disappeared for the uneducated at an accelerated rate. Baby machine!!! 5 or 6 kids drawing welfare into the house with just one getting them into Section 8 housing........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That will not stop criminals or terrorists. They aren't looking for jobs, thus the wall. Along with your felony charges of which I agree, birthright citizenship must be denied their kids to because that's another way to support themselves.
Already here. The other thing I see is that the mothers with 5 or 6 kids appear to have no husband in the house. I suppose he simply slips in the middle of the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And you will take the janitorial jobs of cleaning toilets in the same hospital?
So, you are aware of hospitals that are using illegal aliens to clean the toilets? You really, as an American citizen, need to make the call: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...legal-activity Of course, if you are the employer.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Are you racist? You think some races are above janitorial jobs?
I think maybe the issue is that you can get an illegal alien to clean the toilets cheaply because they fear being turned in, this makes hiring them a "golden" opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
The best way to catch illegals is to have a yard sale.
Yeah, we sold our house in the fall..............

Quote:
I agree with most of what you have said. However, the wall would be very cost effective as illegal aliens cost us $113 billion a year vs a $25 billion wall. Where that type of wall has already been erected it works. I have posted a couple of links in here proving it. Do I need to post them again?
Logic and math skills are hard to come by. It doesn't matter how many times we post it, they just keep thinking of how illegal aliens put money in their pockets. Illegal aliens don't have to be given the same rights when it comes to employment, health and safety, etc. so they highly priced by people who care more about money than doing the right thing.

Quote:
No I am not a racist. It would require two brain cells to realize that many low level odd jobs are done by illegals (who could be of any color) at minimum wage.
And, who do you think subsidizes those illegals by providing welfare for them in order to make up for the employer not paying enough for them to survive. Most minimum wage jobs are not done by illegal aliens. Many are now in the baby making industry funded totally by the American taxpayer.

One in every white collar job is held by an illegal alien. Shut them down and ship them out!

Quote:
Who do you think were doing those jobs for a "fair" wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border?
Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

I know! American citizens! Sadly, this has hit our black citizens the hardest as they already faced a much higher rate of unemployment especially in the inner city.

Quote:
for an employer to pay you $50 an hour to clean the toilets, he would have to raise the price of whatever is he selling. Did you read the thread on how Bay Area restaurants are closing for not being able to pay the jacked up minimum wage?

It's basic common sense ... Milk gallon will be like $10.99 plus tax if the grocery store is forced to pay $45 an hour to sales clerk.
Seriously, your math? Where on earth did you get such a notion? https://thinkprogress.org/this-is-ho...273#.2939w2an9
Looks like a 3 or 4% increase: https://journalistsresource.org/stud...e-minimum-wage

Where the heck do you live that you could even conceive $50 an hour to clean the toilets? Are you saying that only illegal aliens will clean toilets? Actually there have been studies about raising the wage and the effect on the cost and it was quite insignificant. You can google for it.

Bay Area restaurants? How devastating that the patrons can't afford to go out and eat there. Life changing isn't it that they would have to actually not ride on the taxpayers backs to subsidize their meal out. When these places don't pay enough, we, the taxpayer, subsidize the employee which amounts to us subsiding the employer and the services/meals of those that are eating out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Crackdown on the landlords and employers. Fine them heavily if they harbour them
That is part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Pay enough wages and, legal aliens or Americans WILL do that kind of work.

BTW: I'm an American, and I sometimes clean the toilet at work. lol
I have cleaned the toilet too! I am wondering about what toilets GoCardinals has seen that would require $50.00 an hour to clean. Frankly, I am sure when I saw toilets cleaned, these people were not illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
50 an hour? A LOT of college educated people WOULD trash their degrees to do janitor work for that kind of $$$.
Is there a sign up list for these jobs? I would come out of retirement for that!

We all know that many either sympathize or exploit these illegal aliens and will scream like they have their tails caught in the fan about any effort to enforce the laws of our country. As far as I am concerned, when they load the buses with illegal aliens, the sympathizers and exploiters can go right along with them including President Obama.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-30-2017 at 05:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 06:21 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I have no doubt that illegal aliens cost us $113billion...

I'm not convinced that the effective cost of illegal aliens ($113 billion) would be reduced significantly even with the $25billion wall. It isn't a zero sum game nor is the wall a proven measure.

Consider this. Without the wall more illegals will just keep pouring in and increase that $113 billion every year. I have posted a complete of links proving the proposed wall already works where sections of it have already been erected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration