Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 02:40 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,756,335 times

Advertisements

The two idiots in this story, the parents, are the very definition of stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 02:57 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Whelp, guess you were wrong. ICE seemed to play dirty with this one and got things their way. I'd guess he will be back in 1-2 with a good lawyer.
Such a shame that an otherwise law abiding, productive illegal immigrant was deported. Hopefully he can get some waiver asap and be reunited with his family. Mr. Trump spoke about uniting the country and getting rid of bad hombres but this is a huge slap in the face. He might have won this battle but the struggle for sensible immigration reform will continue.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:07 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Such a shame that an otherwise law abiding, productive illegal immigrant was deported. Hopefully he can get some waiver asap and be reunited with his family. Mr. Trump spoke about uniting the country and getting rid of bad hombres but this is a huge slap in the face. He might have won this battle but the struggle for sensible immigration reform will continue.
Uniting the country by enforcing the laws and being done with those that can't follow them. Any citizen breaking a law isn't let off because they have only broken one law. "Well, judge, other than this crime, my client has been law-abiding." Geesh!

Old 04-06-2017, 03:54 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Uniting the country by enforcing the laws and being done with those that can't follow them. Any citizen breaking a law isn't let off because they have only broken one law. "Well, judge, other than this crime, my client has been law-abiding." Geesh!
^^^^Exactly!

I don't think it's hard to understand that the term "law-abiding illegal alien" is an oxymoron. Illegal aliens have no business being in another country illegally. Just as this man had no business being here illegally, I would have no business being in Mexico illegally.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:00 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
What is "a slap in the face" is legal immigrants who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here seeing illegals get away with breaking our immigration laws.

"Sensible immigration reform" is just a euphemism for amnesty. We tried that in 1986 with dems making promises that it would be the one and only amnesty to ever happen (We have had several stealth amnesties since then), the border would be secured (No such thing ever happened) and that no illegals would ever be able to work in this country (We currently now have 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce).

Once again---and this bears repeating---"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

No so-called "immigration reform" is needed. What is needed is to fully enforce our immigration laws.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:54 PM

1,225 posts, read 606,048 times
What I do not understand is any good immigration attorney worth their salt likely could have had his removal proceedings administratively closed, and then they could have filed for adjustment of status

Old 04-06-2017, 07:49 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
He had the opportunity to address this 17 years ago BEFORE he even had a family, before he owned a business, when he was a new ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. All he had to do was to leave the country for 60 days -- but he choose to ignore it, hang around and prosper as an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. Tough noogies muchacho.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:40 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
I knew a lady who stayed in Mexico illegally for 10 years. She bought a place, had a business there. Guess what? Someone got angry at her and told on her. She was out of there in days, and they took her property.

The world is not your oyster. I keep reminding people of this. If it was we'd all be going to what ever country we wanted and just hanging there for as long as we felt like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration