Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 03:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Really?

My brother does tree-trimming and he is an American. The company we use to trim our trees has Americans come to do the work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
All my cousins trim trees and maintain home gardens, too. They're Americans.

(Read between the lines.)
Both would be willing to be sent on a few hours notice halfway across the country to live under miserable conditions for a few weeks while working 12 or 14 hour days 7 days a week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 03:19 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Both would be willing to be sent on a few hours notice halfway across the country to live under miserable conditions for a few weeks while working 12 or 14 hour days 7 days a week?
My cousins moved beyond that. They're extremely hard workers who made it a lifestyle, not just a "job."

Your move, BOS.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
My cousins moved beyond that. They're extremely hard workers who made it a lifestyle, not just a "job."

Your move, BOS.
Your ducking. Would they accept jobs on a few hours notice that involved weeks half way across the country under miserable conditions?

From your testimony I would gather not.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:31 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your ducking. Would they accept jobs on a few hours notice that involved weeks half way across the country under miserable conditions?

From your testimony I would gather not.
I didn't duck at all. They worked their way up from ground level over decades and no longer have to submit to those kinds of terms.

Moderator cut: this is not the grammar/spelling forum, in case anyone is confused

Last edited by Yac; 10-06-2017 at 05:15 AM..

Old 10-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I didn't duck at all. They worked their way up from ground level over decades and no longer have to submit to those kinds of terms.

By the way, it's spelled you're. It's a contraction.
So you agree they would not go. So why the malarkey citing them? That of course is the problem this outfit was fighting with the illegals.

Moderator cut: this is not the grammar/spelling forum, in case anyone is confused

Last edited by Yac; 10-06-2017 at 05:16 AM..

Old 10-05-2017, 03:44 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
All my cousins trim trees and maintain home gardens, too. They're Americans.

(Read between the lines.)
^^^^Meaning, what, exactly?

Old 10-05-2017, 03:45 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Since when does cutting the grass require two languages. I have seen people cut the grass in languages other than English and Spanish.
Lots of Chinese and Vietnamese landscapers around here. Many of the Spanish speaking ones are Puerto Ricans and therefore Americans.
"It's a Small World, Isn't It?"

Old 10-05-2017, 05:06 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Thanks for missing the point. Here's your cap.
The "Point" is:

- Stolen SS cards.
- Their kids, wife, girlfriend & parents are getting Medicaid & Obamacare (& the rest of us paying for it).
- Section 8.
- 12-15K per year (for 16 years) PER KID to Educate the kids.
- SNAP (food stamps).
- Oh.....& Stolen SS Cards.

Each Asplundh employee is costing the rest of us (because of his family) 30-40K per year. So I don't give a rats *ss how much it costs to replace the Illegal Alien, since economically it makes sense to do so.....even if we have to pay someone 30-40K HIGHER than the Illegal Allien.

& it really isn't my problem HOW much Asplundh has to pay them. What IS my problem (& everyone else's problem) are the items in red above.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
The "Point" is:

- Stolen SS cards.
- Their kids, wife, girlfriend & parents are getting Medicaid & Obamacare (& the rest of us paying for it).
- Section 8.
- SNAP (food stamps).

Each Asplundh employee is costing the rest of us (because of his family) 30-40K per year. So I don't give a rats *ss how much it costs to replace the Illegal Alien, since economically it makes sense to do so.....even if we have to pay someone 30-40K HIGHER than the Illegal Allien.

& it really isn't my problem HOW much Asplundh has to pay them. What IS my problem (& everyone else's problem) are the items in red above.

Likely untrue. These guys were working legally and getting paid legally and paying taxes.

The vast majority of the kids would be American Citizens and have every right to education.

Section 8 housing is not available to illegals and is practically unavailable to anyone who has not been here for close to 20 years.

If the male is well paid it is unlikely his family is getting much if any welfare.

The 40K per year is absurd. Perhaps 15K if they are working the system hard.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:14 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
The "Point" is:

- Stolen SS cards.
- Section 8.
- SNAP (food stamps).

Excellent post! Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration