Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 11:12 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Thats the Leftist way. Say it enough and if you dont sway public opinion, rage and protest against the next made up outrage. To bad they didnt take to the streets when they were encouraging 100s of thousands of unaccompanied children streaming across the border under Obama.
Yeah I didn’t see a single protest . Yet now they are protesting weekly or more .
It’s so obviously politically motivated rather than actually caring about children .

Old 07-10-2018, 11:17 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Well one can say abortion usually hurts the poor and Republicans vote almost always to cut food stamps and welfare for those who can no longer get an abortion. So isn't that hypocritical as well?
Abortion hurts the poor? If anything it protects the poor from introducing another mouth to feed and raise they can't afford to feed and raise.

Food stamps and welfare are poor career choices anyways. Don't breed what you can't feed. Prior planning prevents pizz poor outcomes.
I'm a prime example of planning ahead. I'd argue more people need to be more like me. Work your ass off from highschool on, don't have a kid before you're married. Welfare and food stamps won't even be on the list of backup plans. But that requires ambition logic and common sense. All of which aren't much of a common commodity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
How about not having clean water or air for kids when regulations are rolled back and the polluting begins again.
Believe me both R & D have hypocritcal ways. It's a two way street.
hyperbole. Again. That's an assumption based on screeching of faux outrage.

GE ruined the Hudson River in NY for YEARS under democrat control. Republican Pataki came along to dredge it and work at restoring it.
So let me know when the smoke stacks start going up.

I've argued for years the EPA is not a legitimate entity just another source for revenue for the .gov
If they were legitimate they would be engineering devices to go clean California's Smog and Flint Michigan's water with all their carbon tax and fine money. Providing they were indeed a legitimate agency tasked to oversee the environment.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:19 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Republicans, thought you all were for family values? Tearing families apart aren’t family values. Trump says it’s okay so it’s okay?

Old 07-10-2018, 11:21 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
There should be a period after the word country, and the word illegally erased. That is the real message.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:21 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So is invading a country. Your point?
It’s not that they want to. But stating or going back could be worse. Still bad. But maybe the new strategy wod be to either not get caught and if you are, atleast your kid would be in a better country.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans, thought you all were for family values? Tearing families apart aren’t family values. Trump says it’s okay so it’s okay?
Assuming you are a legal us citizen . Let’s say you commit a crime and get arrested will the police allow your family to go with you in the police car and to jail ?..

Old 07-10-2018, 11:24 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Demonizing? Hardly.

Listen. Trump is your guy. Not mine. It sounds like you are for family separation? A means to an end I suppose? That's your opinion. But you keep dancing around how Trump caved on this issue. Your guy caved. Sad, but true.

He has no friends on this issue now. And if you still support him on this issue, then you have no convictions.
Nobody is for separating families, it's a consequence of breaking through law.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It’s not that they want to. But stating or going back could be worse. Still bad. But maybe the new strategy wod be to either not get caught and if you are, atleast your kid would be in a better country.
We have no obligation to allow everyone in the world into America .
We aren’t encouraging them to come at least the President isn’t .
There are billions of people in the world in poverty that would love to live here . It’s not even practical to let them all in. Poverty rate would be even worse than it is now too .

We just want people to come in that are fully vetted that show promise of succeeding here .
A win win situation .

Old 07-10-2018, 11:26 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
What Trump said would end the people crying about being separated from their children.

Far too long, this illegal immigration has gone out of control. Now that they are enforcing the law, and making it not so easy to come here, this will naturally keep down people who think they can just walk right in and everything will be ok.. now they have to act responsibly and earn their way in. too many have taken advantage of the USA. its already working because now I saw on TV a person who says "America is not so nice anymore" since she had a tough time thinking she could just waltz right in. Simple answer - come in legally, you will be welcome.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:27 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
A lot of things could be worse, like bringing a child to a country that is supposedly cruel, inhumane and setting them up for failure. The same gangs exist here, domestic abuse also exists here, but now they will be perpetual law breakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration