Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Sorry, artificial Patriotism don't count. And as long as you favor/excuse forigners for break the laws of this country, your patriotism for the USA has diminish to a 0% rate.
Do you acually understand what this is all about?

Let me ask you this...........have you lived in a community the was run down and taken over by Illegal Immigrants?
>....I have.

Have you had your ID stolen by Illegal Immigrants?
>..I have....and it took years and $ to staighten things back out.

Have you lost a job because of Illegal Immigrants would work for less?

Have you been in and auto accident with and unlicensed/uninsured Illegal Immigrant?
> My son died in my arms because of a Hit-n-Run caused by an Illegal Immigrant

I do have to agree with you in one part.........
It depends on what side of the fence your looking at.
I lived in Arlandria in Alexandria, VA near D.C. It was one of the few places I could afford. I only lived there for one year, but it was mostly illegal immigrants and they acted like I was a hooker. I was a woman who lived alone, independent and unmarried. Everyday, and I mean everyday, I was accosted by El Salvadorian men staring or grabbing at me. It drove me crazy. They would also constantly hang out in the parking lot sitting on their cars and drinking and eventually getting arrested. They had ten people in the apartment across from me and were very loud. I am a D.C. native and never minded all the different cultures, but after living there for years and seeing how bad the illegal immigration problem is getting, I have been very anti illegal immigrant. It also irritates me that they have so many children and receive social services and section 8 housing that some citizens cannot get. The problem is definitely getting worse. I moved to FL about a year ago and its bad here also, but nothing like the DC/Northern Virginia area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Do not forget tinman that there were willing employers that wanted to hire them. Just for a minute put yourself in their position and could not feed your family, and someone offered you a job with more money in one day than you can make in your own country. I don't expect you to respond, but to just think about it. Nothing is ever ALL RIGHT or ALL WRONG.
I do not feel sorry for these people. They get food stamps, section 8 housing and they work. If they cannot feed their families, stop having so many kids! I do not care if you are CAtholic or not!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I lived in Arlandria in Alexandria, VA near D.C. It was one of the few places I could afford. I only lived there for one year, but it was mostly illegal immigrants and they acted like I was a hooker. I was a woman who lived alone, independent and unmarried. Everyday, and I mean everyday, I was accosted by El Salvadorian men staring or grabbing at me. It drove me crazy. They would also constantly hang out in the parking lot sitting on their cars and drinking and eventually getting arrested. They had ten people in the apartment across from me and were very loud. I am a D.C. native and never minded all the different cultures, but after living there for years and seeing how bad the illegal immigration problem is getting, I have been very anti illegal immigrant. It also irritates me that they have so many children and receive social services and section 8 housing that some citizens cannot get. The problem is definitely getting worse. I moved to FL about a year ago and its bad here also, but nothing like the DC/Northern Virginia area.
I too am a Wash DC area native and Arlandria/Culmore were both sketchy areas----------and, I left 30 years ago for Calif then Az.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
I left Socal after 35years because of the over crowding of Illegal Immigrant. And I moved to OK, because of the new Immigration Law HB 1804

Sassyone has not experienced any of this, so Illegal Immigration doesn't affect her at the least. So because we are for enforcing our laws and serve what ever comes with those laws,to those who rightfully deserve it, we are nothing but hate groups and racist.

Her additude would be completely reversed if Illegal Immigration had some kind of affect on her.
She doesn't know it yet, but that day is coming.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:41 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
America is to blame for much of Mexico's problems.

America's hunger for drugs - abuse close to slace labor of Mexican's by many business's .

You have exploited us for decades. So yes you owe us .
give us a chance and we will exploit your two bit banna republic again Chica............

Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No, there is enough propaganda for both sides, it will not change my mind,
I feel no need to follow the group, I will follow what I feel is right.
even when "your right" is dead wrong................I just gotta ask..........are you a de.......................nope best not

Old 09-19-2008, 10:49 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
I have worked with Russian and Spanish immigrant customers. And it is annoying when they make the effort to come here for our benefits but have little or no desire to learn our language. In my opinion, to be able to stay here, from no matter what country they are from, they should have 5 years to learn our language (passably) or go home. Das vi danya.

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I left Socal after 35years because of the over crowding of Illegal Immigrant. And I moved to OK, because of the new Immigration Law HB 1804

Sassyone has not experienced any of this, so Illegal Immigration doesn't affect her at the least. So because we are for enforcing our laws and serve what ever comes with those laws,to those who rightfully deserve it, we are nothing but hate groups and racist.

Her additude would be completely reversed if Illegal Immigration had some kind of affect on her.
She doesn't know it yet, but that day is coming.
It is somewhat strange because I live in Arizona and in a border town.
Now I did say hate, but I don't think I said racist. The hate here is so strong you could cut it with a knife. Like you said, I have not had any
bad experiences with them at all, maybe they can tell that I don't hate or look down on them.

Quote:
My "purpose " is to show you are wrong.

Anyone who disagree's with you is stirring up trouble and shouldn't post?
I couldnt have posted it better that you are wrong and stirring trouble........

Are you a legal citizen??????????????/legitimate question that

Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
They probably pay more in taxes than America's wealthy esp corporate CEO's .
Sorry charlie but they dont pay taxes they just consume tax benefits..........like grasshoppers and leeches.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration