Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 07:47 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times

Advertisements

Not a surprise at all. Its called preplanning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 08:26 PM

25,561 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Leave it alone for an hour and you will swiftly find it can and will be cut. It is simply spring steel which is easily cut...........
It takes a special tool.
You don't have one. Nothing in your tool box will work.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And it really annoys me that the majority of illegals never bother to learn English. Every notice when some illegal that has lived in the US for over 20 years is interviewed by an journalist for tv needs an interpreter to translate their words??? And the same goes for all of the people in the current caravan that is traveling towards our southern border. Not one of them has prepared for life in America by learning English.

And this is one of the main reasons why I don't want illegals in America. There is just no effort to assimilate. And I don't want to hear Spanish from my co-workers while I am working. These Central Americans need to just put down new roots in Mexico instead.
Not only do they refuse to learn or speak English they insist on yelling in the most unpleasantly spoken Spanish possible. Spanish doesn't have to be spoken in a cadence and dialect that unpleasant or at such an ear splitting, head ache inducing loudness and pitch. But besides that we don't need any resource and cultural draining people imposing themselves on Americans.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It takes a special tool.
The Beto campaign will buy them oxy acetylene rigs.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
It takes a special tool.
And even if you had the tool it would be a lot of cutting and time to clear through all the coiled wiring.

But I'm concerned these people, like the 100,000s/year flooding our border, are just going to be funneled to checkpoints to make a fake asylum claim then be released into the US to never show up to be rejected at their hearing.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
It takes a special tool.
Cut it with a Dremel Mototool and a ceramic cutter. The lock guys have been trying to find something that cannot be cut for years. i will be glad to remove any lock in 10 minutes. And those hasps are a quarter inch thick. And if you actually got one that is tough an oxy acetylene torch will do it in 30 seconds.

But send me a foot. I will turn around and send it back to you in a dozen pieces. And the next day.

And that is ignoring all the quick and clever ways to beat such a barrier.

You are actually being absurd. The military understands that such barriers not manned have no chance to stop access. So they man them or presume they only buy a little time.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And even if you had the tool it would be a lot of cutting and time to clear through all the coiled wiring.

But I'm concerned these people, like the 100,000s/year flooding our border, are just going to be funneled to checkpoints to make a fake asylum claim then be released into the US to never show up to be rejected at their hearing.
I wonder about the same thing. I think we can look forward to seeing tent cities where they will be kept until cleared.
The media will provide a steady stream of weary looking adults and crying children. In any event they can leave the country at any time. So it's up to them if they want to stay and hear the ruling (they know what it's gonna be).

Soon as word gets back that they are being retained until the hearing, the influx will slow way down. It won't take long.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I wonder about the same thing. I think we can look forward to seeing tent cities where they will be kept until cleared.
The media will provide a steady stream of weary looking adults and crying children. In any event they can leave the country at any time. So it's up to them if they want to stay and hear the ruling (they know what it's gonna be).

Soon as word gets back that they are being retained until the hearing, the influx will slow way down. It won't take long.
They will not all be detained. DHS has rules and will likely release the majority. And if DHS tries to detain all they will get taken to court and lose. And children cannot be kept for long periods.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
..........But send me a foot............
I will neither send you a foot nor lend you an ear.

But it's nice you have all those solutions. Probably no one ever thought of them but you.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I will neither send you a foot nor lend you an ear.

But it's nice you have all those solutions. Probably no one ever thought of them but you.
Nonsense. People been busting that stuff since that stuff was thought of.

What you are missing is that stuff is useful in some circumstances. But outside of those it is window dressing. Looks tough and scary but is easily evaded in other circumstances.

Think about it. Shove a sheet of plywood underneath and then jack it up. Five minutes and people can pass through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration