Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:09 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
If your grandparents were illegal immigrants and they had their children in the US, I would not call you a (true) American. You would be an American by way of poor immigration laws. Running over the border and popping out kids should not make those babies Americans. If I was pregnant and went into labor in Mexico and had my baby, would the baby be Mexican? Don't think so.
Yes; the child would be Mexican------that country has similar 'birthright' laws to the USA.

In fact; the former governor of Michigan back in the 1960's, George Romney was as described......his 'Anglo' parents were residents of Chihuahua, Mx and George was born/raised there.

BTW: despite my wanting to see the Anchor Baby loophole closed------needless to say, those Anchors (and especially their US born children) would obviously be grandfathered in because they were here legally at the time.

Now; as for potential future Anchors---------they should not be allowed to have birthright citizenship assuming that both parents are here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Are you serious?? I am as American as anyone else in this country who is not native American.

If im not American for being born in this country in the 80s when my grandparents immigrated here in the 50s, then give me back all the tax money Ive paid in my life. Give my father and his brothers back all the time they served in the military.

My grandmothers lived and worked here for years before they began having kids. And they never took a DIME from this country that they didn't earn. They worked in the burning hot fields to pick the food for Americans to get fat off of.
Now they live off the money of their kids who work in respectable jobs that make life easier for Americans.

Id rather someone who was as ignorant to have said what you have said be deported instead of people coming here to work hard. Chances are, youve had life in this country served to you on a platter.
Why don't you take a poll? Ask people if they think you or other people in your situation are (true) Americans. Considering if the first person in your immediate family who came to America was an illegal.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:11 PM

451 posts, read 310,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Hispanics have a plan. To take over America. They come here illegally then have as many kids as possible. In the next 50 years they will be 50% of the population.
you bet !!!!!!, and nothing is going to stop this from happening. We should make Spanish mandatory in all schools, in order to be prepared.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:41 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
you bet !!!!!!, and nothing is going to stop this from happening. We should make Spanish mandatory in all schools, in order to be prepared.
I can think of plenty of ways to stop it! With McCain in office the immagration laws will continue to get stronger. He has the ba!!s to actually do something about it.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Methinks that you are becoming more desperate with your strident posts as the hammer is coming down on illegal immigrants and their enablers.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 PM

20 posts, read 52,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I would never support white Americans illegally immigrating to Mexico, displacing Mexicans, and making them a minority. Why does it seem like Mexican immigrants, legal, or illegal have no problem making white Americans the minority in America. I see no fairness in this.
I started another thread "Illegal Immigration to Mexico by Americans" and I think it was this post that gave me the idea. FYI, just prior to the Mexican-American war, mass illegal immigration by white Americans to Mexico (who brought enslaved Africans with them) made Mexicans the minority in parts of northern Mexico. It sounds like you might be coming from a sense of entitlement, that whites have and should continue to be the majority.

I have heard others say something similar and subconsciously admit that being a minority in this country makes you a subordinate member of society, or that your presence is insignificant and negligible. If that is the case, why is it okay for people of color to be treated that way today and not whites if they were to become the numerical minority? Ultimately, regardless of numbers, I don't think anyone should be treated that way.

Finally I would just say to everyone relax and don't freak out about demographics so much. Latin America is perhaps the most racially diverse region in the world (more than the U.S.) so to some extent the increase in Latinos is like injecting another U.S. into the U.S. if that makes sense. I think that once we secure our borders and better enforce certain laws, we will be able to better embrace the increasing diversity in our country.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:41 PM

259 posts, read 789,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
Whites won't be the majority forever.Accept it or leave.
Leave?.....

Old 05-23-2008, 06:42 PM

259 posts, read 789,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, Urban.

It's time to introduce common sense and a little logic into our laws.

Oh really, so how many generations in this country before you are a citizen?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:24 PM

413 posts, read 782,729 times
Will Whites enjoy minority rights in California and Texas?
I bet not, Liberals give minority rights to liberal voters, not Texas and Southern California conservatives.
Double standards from every liberal point of view, social economic political or religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration