Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 03:31 PM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times

Advertisements

None of us owe illegal aliens (no such thing as an undocumented) a damned thing! They cost us over $100 billion a year among the rest of their negative impacts to our society.

ITIN's are used not only by illegal aliens. Others here legally do so also. Many illegal aliens work for cash and are liars by nature so we are to believe that the majority are honest and paying into SS and other applicable income taxes with an ITIN? lol! How clueless and gullible can one be??? They are low waged earners anyway so they wouldn't be contributing much.

I guess those on a payroll committing felony ID theft is something we should be thankful for to because they have the applicable taxes automatically deducted??? We have millions and millions more citizens and legal immigrants in our country than there are illegal aliens that are working so unless someone has failed at math they would realize that the former contributes far more in SS and other income taxes than illegal aliens do. So I will thank the millions and millions more citizens and legal immigrants that are contributing to SS not the much smaller number of illegal aliens that do.

Repeating, if Americans got their jobs back from these illegals (and at a fair wage again) they in turn would be paying into SS and other income taxes at an even higher rate.

Now unless one wants to divulge their real reason for supporting illegal immigration (ethnic ties, they hire them for profit) other than the same ole one false claim that they are an asset to our country via taxes then I suggest they bow out of this topic. As I said, illegals cost us over $100 billion a year but only contribute $19 billion annually. So they are a net loss. I want honest answers not BS! End of replying to BSers under this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 03:57 PM

20,803 posts, read 8,643,634 times
Grandparents came here through Ellis Island. Various aunts, uncles, cousins married foreigners they met either here or abroad. All became naturalized citizens and strongly object to illegal immigration.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So why anyone would want to use the past compared to the present as justification to support illegal immigration today is quite the mind blower! Quite childlike, actually.
You need to read the thread where leftists use that logic to justify an illegal impregnating a 12-yr old girl. "A hundred years ago it was normal to marry children in their country" or similar nonsense.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Import the third world, become the third world.
You should make that your signature line

Old 07-25-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
it has been pointed out here numerous times that your assumption above is incorrect. People pay ss taxes and medicare taxes and income taxes when using an ITIN.
Let me take wild guess: You think voter fraud and election fraud rarely happen

Old 07-25-2021, 04:43 PM

25,650 posts, read 17,391,957 times
I'm 75. Retired.
9 years navy from 62 to 71.
Republican. Never have voted for a Democrat; I don't like them.

But I don't get excited about illegal immigration. I think The Wall is a good idea and needs to be built so that we can monitor who comes and goes, but it's not being built and Biden is letting everyone in, and there is nothing we can do about that. He never had my vote anyway and he doesn't care.

People are fond of believing illegals work cheaply, so rich people fire all the blue collar Americans and hire illegals so they can pay the illegal 50 cents/hour. I don't believe that. Illegals get hired because they work. Anyone in Texas knows that.

In time America will change, I think. Less will be spent on national defense and more on social programs. Already our Spanish speaking lawyers are making money when our English-only lawyers have to pass it up. My Spanish speaking lawyer friend is an Anglo. He learned to speak Spanish in college because he thought it was a good idea.

Europe would have lost population from 2000 to 2015 if not for immigrants. Soon, that will be the case in America. It's not that losing population is so bad; it's the fact that the work force in place is too old and too small to support the large retired population.

Republicans will probably win in 2022 and 2024. They'll certainly get my vote. Maybe we'll get to finish The Wall. When that happens the entire issue will be put to bed since hardly anyone has successfully traversed The Wall.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:55 PM

1,733 posts, read 951,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
LOL there were no immigration laws in the early 1900's. There were only rudimentary medical checks. Otherwise every immigrant was admitted.

The undocumented immigrants you despise so much are helping to keep social security afloat. You should be thanking them every time you get a SS check.

A little about me;

"I like piña coladas
And gettin' caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne"

Immigrants entered via Ellis Island, health checked and those who were ill were turned back. Additionally, immigrants came expecting to make it on their own, not to receive social benefits.

D.C. is guilty of raiding the SS pot and it would be solvent otherwise. Bush tried to get his paws on Railroad Retirement claiming the gov't could handle it better than we could. We fought tooth and nail, and Bush lost that fight. Our RR is solvent b/c of that.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:59 PM

1,733 posts, read 951,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You need to read the thread where leftists use that logic to justify an illegal impregnating a 12-yr old girl. "A hundred years ago it was normal to marry children in their country" or similar nonsense.

:shoc ked:

Old 07-25-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I'm 75. Retired.
9 years navy from 62 to 71.
Republican. Never have voted for a Democrat; I don't like them.

But I don't get excited about illegal immigration. I think The Wall is a good idea and needs to be built so that we can monitor who comes and goes, but it's not being built and Biden is letting everyone in, and there is nothing we can do about that. He never had my vote anyway and he doesn't care.

People are fond of believing illegals work cheaply, so rich people fire all the blue collar Americans and hire illegals so they can pay the illegal 50 cents/hour. I don't believe that. Illegals get hired because they work. Anyone in Texas knows that.

In time America will change, I think. Less will be spent on national defense and more on social programs. Already our Spanish speaking lawyers are making money when our English-only lawyers have to pass it up. My Spanish speaking lawyer friend is an Anglo. He learned to speak Spanish in college because he thought it was a good idea.

Europe would have lost population from 2000 to 2015 if not for immigrants. Soon, that will be the case in America. It's not that losing population is so bad; it's the fact that the work force in place is too old and too small to support the large retired population.

Republicans will probably win in 2022 and 2024. They'll certainly get my vote. Maybe we'll get to finish The Wall. When that happens the entire issue will be put to bed since hardly anyone has successfully traversed The Wall.
A lot of your post is pure nonsense. Are you claiming that Americans don't work hard so that's why the greedy employers hire illegal aliens? WTH did we do before millions of cheap illegal aliens flooded our border? Seems we were doing just fine and Americans have never been too lazy to work. No one is saying that illegals get paid only 50 cents an hour either so why exaggerate but they do work for less than the going and fair wage.

What makes you think that any country needs to increase or replace their current population numbers? We just need to get pass the baby boomer era and we will be just fine. What you are suggesting is a ponzi scheme which means constantly increasing our population growth just to have more workers well they are also takers so there is a downside to that to.

Why did you bring up Spanish under this topic? The only reason Spanish is being spoken more frequently is via illegal immigration. So we should all learn Spanish to accomodate illegal invaders? Isn't the way it is supposed to work is that immigrants learn the language of the country they chose to migrate to instead of the other way around?

I am a Navy vet also and I didn't fight during Viet Nam to have our own country's borders over ran with illegal aliens. It surprises me that you as a Navy vet also would say that illegal immigration doesn't bother you. In fact that makes me mad.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-25-2021 at 06:18 PM..

Old 07-25-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Here's another one. "Well Americans commit felony ID theft to so why pick on illegal aliens"? Well duh, if they weren't here there would be fewer of those crimes and other crimes to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration