Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:18 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Freedom to cross any country's borders at will with no repercussions? What you are talking about is anarchy Kerrtown.

Where does "freedom" end? Are we free to just hop and skip to and fro into any country we choose?

We aren't the federation on Star Trek where human society has evolved to such a level. We are still a world divided, and you cannot blame that on the United States.
Even crossing state (or county) lines is anarchy according to your paradigm. Even Freedom of Religion was considered anarchy until some people on the East Coast thought different. (You might need to get that Nationalist propaganda out of your system--it's making you sick.)

Which begs the question about tracking. The Libertarians and others are all up in arms about REAL I.D. I was watching C-SPAN earlier today and caught glimpses of the Libertarian Party convention. This lady (also a political activist--if you know who I'm talking about please mention her name.) was reeling about REAL I.D. and spouted off about the I.D. being used to track everyone's whereabouts. I know some libertarian minded states like Montana and even in liberal Illinois have opposed the act. Passports do the same thing outside of the U.S. which begs the question about REAL I.D.; will one need some sort of passport to travel to another state? I can see it in the future trickling down to the county level being used to induce (I'd say intimidate) commuters to live within the county they work and as a side benefit the tax revenues that traveled out of the county by those commuters will be kept inside the county--a boon to the County Commissioners! Another side benefit is that it contains sprawl. What a scary world if this comes true!

Last edited by KerrTown; 05-25-2008 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Even crossing state (or county) lines is anarchy according to your paradigm. Even Freedom of Religion was considered anarchy until some people on the East Coast thought different. (You might need to get that Nationalist propaganda out of your system--it's making you sick.)
For the record:

Massachusetts and California are part of the same country--------whereas Canada and Mexico are not.

In other words: apples and oranges.

BTW: you call Synopsis a Nationalist as if it is a bad thing

Old 05-25-2008, 09:45 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For the record:

Massachusetts and California are part of the same country--------whereas Canada and Mexico are not.

In other words: apples and oranges.

BTW: you call Synopsis a Nationalist as if it is a bad thing

I would rep you if I could!

Some seem to think that the North American Union is a done deal.
And being nationalistic and/or patriotic is a bad thing.
Luckily, they would be wrong -- at least according to a majority of American citizens.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:58 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
Too much nationalism and you start getting parties with National, Nationalist in their titles... those parties typically are sort of scary.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:32 AM

335 posts, read 1,029,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I think the interesting question is what value was the "society" that the KKK was "attempting to preserve." While I think that one could agree for the purpose of discussion to that as their motivation, we should then explore whether what they were trying to preserve was in an of itself so vile and evil that even if they had adopted peaceful means of "preservation" it would still be an abomination.
As a society? Please? There are rednecks living in the ozarks that do not know the jist! Let us call a red apple a red aple, it was meant for racist means and you know it, nice try.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would rep you if I could!

Some seem to think that the North American Union is a done deal.
And being nationalistic and/or patriotic is a bad thing.
Luckily, they would be wrong -- at least according to a majority of American citizens.
More and more I think about it: NAFTA should be revised to exclude Mexico till that country gets its house in order (curb government corruption, etc.).

Spain was not allowed into the EU till it straightened out its society------that nation stepped up to the place hence rewarded with the keys to the 'garden party'. Read that the Euro, Schengen Agreement and so on.

Before some screams that Mexico is too (insert adjective here ______ ); both it and Spain are Hispanic (or so Mexico claims) and if the latter nation can grow up and take responsibility for its many basic problems, why can't Mexico?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 16,054 times
I wonder what would have happened if we had asked the Natvie Americans for permission to immigrate. Would they have given it if they had known we would kill them, take their land and throw them on reservations where they would be subject to a lifecycle of alcoholism and depression because of fewer employment opportunities on their reservations? Naturally, we can only hold so many people at this point, but let's keep it in perspective. The Anglos never asked permission when we came here escaping undesirable living conditions in our homelands.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSoccer16 View Post
I wonder what would have happened if we had asked the Natvie Americans for permission to immigrate. Would they have given it if they had known we would kill them, take their land and throw them on reservations where they would be subject to a lifecycle of alcoholism and depression because of fewer employment opportunities on their reservations? Naturally, we can only hold so many people at this point, but let's keep it in perspective. The Anglos never asked permission when we came here escaping undesirable living conditions in our homelands.
Fair enough.

How about the later pre Euro 'Native' American arrivals who quite likely forced out/subjugated prior groups.........maybe they should leave as well?

As it stood: when Cortez came to what is now Mexico; the weaker Indians joined forces with the (White) Hispanics to topple the Aztecs. That group had the nasty habit of cutting out hearts from still living people.............

Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSoccer16 View Post
You're right, of course. So let's do the right thing, and all leave. We'll set a target date of the end of April. That will give all us "anglos" time to close out our affairs, shut off the lights, and pack our belongings.

Some anglos will buy tickets for Europe; others will head for Africa, Asia, or Latin America. Should be the "MOTHER of ALL Going-Away Parties".

Sounds reasonable to ME.....I can't see why it wouldn't work, if we don't push and shove.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

As it stood: when Cortez came to what is now Mexico; the weaker Indians joined forces with the (White) Hispanics to topple the Aztecs. That group had the nasty habit of cutting out hearts from still living people.............
Does this really have any bearing to the conversation? I mean polio blankets with the intent of genocide is worse than a weird religious ritual. Just saying that while it is bad they did cut out hearts from the living, it's not the same as trying to whipe out the entire Native American population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration