Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is a lie! The VAST MAJORITY of the comments posted at Alipac were offering prayers and sympathy; notwithstanding the general consensus vis-a-vis Ted Kennedy. Yes, a "few" were not positive; which is true of every forum on the internet discussing his condition. However, to imply that the sentiment was "full of hate" is simply spurious propaganda. Next, you’ll visit another forum and accuse City-Data members of the same.
Consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Is there no end to what politicians will do to hoodwink the American public? Sneaking a bunch of pro-illegal immigration verbiage into a bill designated for Iraq?

Do they have NO SHAME WHATSOEVER?

Folks, we have a SERIOUS problem in this country with "career" politicians that are in for nothing more than a free ride on the American citizen.

Term limits people; term limits. Of course, that's like the fox being asked if he wants a lock put on the chicken coop.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Is there no end to what politicians will do to hoodwink the American public? Sneaking a bunch of pro-illegal immigration verbiage into a bill designated for Iraq?

Folks, we have a SERIOUS problem in this country with "career" politicians that are in for nothing more than a free ride on the American citizen.

Term limits people; term limits. Of course, that's like the fox being asked if he wants a lock put on the chicken coop.
These pandering traitors will try anything. They tried to sneak the DREAM Act into the "Stockpile" section of the Iraq Bill several months ago. We stopped that travesty as well. It's a shame we are forced to scrutinize everything they do, simply because they can't be trusted.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:50 PM

413 posts, read 782,729 times
In a country as overpopulated as America, mass immigration is national economic & cultural suicide.
New York and California liberals are laughing all the way to their Swiss banks.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:

Don't want to sound "coarse" here, but I've long believed, with VERY little exaggeration, that any man who professes to be 'disappointed' in being misled by a politician is the same kind of guy who could have his heart broken by being 'jilted' by a hooker. Now, as for what to DO about it? That's a complex problem.

But honestly, I don't think it's possible to be in politics even for a SHORT time, and keep one's 'head on straight', or keep one's sense of morals and ethics. Politics, after all' is the 'art of compromise'. Politicians could almost be said not to 'realize' they're lying. They've been doing it so long, and so constantly, that I HONESTLY don't think they can even "help it". Politics is set up in such a way that a truly honest person would never be ELECTED, let alone be able to accomplish anything once in office.

Sorry if I sound cynical....

Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:

I could not agree more, Synopsis!

No Politician should be allowed to serve more than two terms, PERIOD.

Ted Kennedy, among others, after 45 years needs to GET A JOB and/or RETIRE!

Also, ONE bill should equal ONE point and/or issue . . . NO EXCEPTIONS.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:54 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
These pandering traitors will try anything. They tried to sneak the DREAM Act into the "Stockpile" section of the Iraq Bill several months ago. We stopped that travesty as well. It's a shame we are forced to scrutinize everything they do, simply because they can't be trusted.
Yep, just like so many OTHER things...THEY misbehave, and it's OUR fault. That seems to be true in so MANY cases....I guess "the DEVIL makes them do it"....or something like that. They do shifty things, because we "let" them...(I THINK I understand....I'm really TRYING)....

Old 05-22-2008, 07:06 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Don't want to sound "coarse" here, but I've long believed, with VERY little exaggeration, that any man who professes to be 'disappointed' in being misled by a politician is the same kind of guy who could have his heart broken by being 'jilted' by a hooker. Now, as for what to DO about it? That's a complex problem.

But honestly, I don't think it's possible to be in politics even for a SHORT time, and keep one's 'head on straight', or keep one's sense of morals and ethics. Politics, after all' is the 'art of compromise'. Politicians could almost be said not to 'realize' they're lying. They've been doing it so long, and so constantly, that I HONESTLY don't think they can even "help it". Politics is set up in such a way that a truly honest person would never be ELECTED, let alone be able to accomplish anything once in office.

Sorry if I sound cynical....

It’s not cynical to state a fact. The name speaks for itself. Politics: Poli = 'Many' in Latin, Tics = 'Bloodsucking Creatures'

Old 05-22-2008, 07:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:

I would Rep you if I could.......

Old 05-23-2008, 03:39 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
In a country as overpopulated as America, mass immigration is national economic & cultural suicide.
New York and California liberals are laughing all the way to their Swiss banks.
I agree with this post...however ironic the poster's name is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration