Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! The pro-illegals have no substantive defense for this invasion, so they incessantly accuse those opposed to illegal immigration as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists. As their level of desperation increases, we can expect their ranting to intensify.
You notice that as well I see..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,713,495 times
Just curious . . . WHAT DOES THIS THREAD HAVE TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION?

Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,001,423 times
Never mind

Last edited by fishmonger; 05-18-2008 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: I hate defending a joke

Old 05-18-2008, 10:49 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Anti-immigration protester: "I'm not racist, I just want people to follow the law. It makes me sick walking down the street and seeing all these illegals."

Person the protester is talking to: "How do you know they're illegal?"

Anti-immigration protester: "Because they look Mexican!"
But what if I'm opposed to Poles and Serbs also? I'm opposed to the entire CONCEPT of immigration. I'd like to have a wall built around our country--Fortress America. EDIT: *This idea was espoused by Pat Buchanan.*

Do you suppose we would have been hit by terrorists if we'd never allowed them in the country in the first place?

Last edited by TKramar; 05-18-2008 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,713,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But what if I'm opposed to Poles and Serbs also? I'm opposed to the entire CONCEPT of immigration. I'd like to have a wall built around our country--Fortress America.

Do you suppose we would have been hit by terrorists if we'd never allowed them in the country in the first place?
Excellent point, TKramar!

Old 05-18-2008, 11:31 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Anti-immigration protester: "I'm not racist, I just want people to follow the law. It makes me sick walking down the street and seeing all these illegals."

Person the protester is talking to: "How do you know they're illegal?"

Anti-immigration protester: "Because they look Mexican!"
I'm starting to hate the actions of the pro-illegals more than the actions of the illegals themselves.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:26 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Let's all be honest here, folks, and admit it. It's nearly impossible to be even MILDLY against illegal immigration without being a racist...the two just seem to go together. I'm also against prostitution....and the MAIN reason is, that deep down inside, in my heart-of-hearts, I REALLY just hate women.

There...(sigh)....now I feel better. Anyone else care to 'unburden themselves'?...

Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM

20 posts, read 62,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The pro-illegals have no substantive defense for this invasion, so they incessantly accuse those opposed to illegal immigration as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists.
Yup. Whenever there is ANY kind of protest related to illegal immigration, it's always in favor of the immigrants. The rest of us are scared to be seen protesting against the protesters.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm starting to hate the actions of the pro-illegals more than the actions of the illegals themselves.
And I can understand why........

The pro illegal crowd are throwing their temper tantrums due to many of them being unmasked as de facto Un-American traitors.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Let's all be honest here, folks, and admit it. It's nearly impossible to be even MILDLY against illegal immigration without being a racist...the two just seem to go together. I'm also against prostitution....and the MAIN reason is, that deep down inside, in my heart-of-hearts, I REALLY just hate women.

There...(sigh)....now I feel better. Anyone else care to 'unburden themselves'?...
Can it be racist when it's applied equally to all illegals, regardless of their background? I'm just as opposed to illegal Poles, and I am Indians or Pakistanis, as I am Chinese, as I am Cubans...I don't care WHERE they come from, as long as they go BACK wherever that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration