Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:08 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,736 times

Advertisements

Anti-immigration protester: "I'm not racist, I just want people to follow the law. It makes me sick walking down the street and seeing all these illegals."

Person the protester is talking to: "How do you know they're illegal?"

Anti-immigration protester: "Because they look Mexican!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 10:13 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Anti-immigration protester: "I'm not racist, I just want people to follow the law. It makes me sick walking down the street and seeing all these illegals."

Yep, with 10 percent of the entire population of Mexico here you betcha skippy!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 AM

335 posts, read 1,029,102 times
Quote:

ahahahahahaha! Hilarious let us not forget that illegals also consist of Russians, Indians, Chinese, Vietnamese and so forth that initially came here "legally" yet have violated the terms of their visas by overstaying, are we going to begin targeting everyone or do Hispanics get the brunt of it all?
Oh well I guess at this time they will do as scapegoats.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:55 AM

769 posts, read 2,233,141 times
Ummmmmm......we're talking about people who came here illegally in the first place (most of them through Mexico). I do not deny that there are people who came here legally, got mixed up with the immigration rules, and then lost their status (sometimes without knowing it). I can understand that and not make a big deal out of it. That is not what gripes me and many others.

We are talking about the people who come here illegally on a regular basis. These people know what they are doing is against the law. Why do you think they are skedaddling out of Arizona? The people who knowingly break the law and then expect benefits are the ones we, the citizens of the U.S., truly cannot stand. Is this finally getting through to you people?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
ahahahahahaha! Hilarious let us not forget that illegals also consist of Russians, Indians, Chinese, Vietnamese and so forth that initially came here "legally" yet have violated the terms of their visas by overstaying, are we going to begin targeting everyone or do Hispanics get the brunt of it all?
Oh well I guess at this time they will do as scapegoats.
We all realize illegal aliens originate from numerous countries. However, the 'vast majority' are Mexican nationals. It is also this group that arrogantly make 'demands' and exhibit a flagrant disdain for the citizens of this country, and a total lack of respect for our laws.

Respect is earned; and their deliberate circumvention of our laws, and the rampant identity theft and sundry criminal offenses, hardly garners respect. For the umpteenth time; this is NOT a racial issue.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:

I don't think it's necessarily "hate".

The USA takes in more legal immigrants -- by far -- than any other nation in the world. The USA cannot solve the problems of the entire world by simply bringing the whole world's populations into the USA and providing them a comfortable life here.

There are many people waiting patiently in line to come here legally, the process must be orderly and fair, meaning everyone must wait their turn, follow the legal process and accept that immigration cannot be a free-for-all.

Again, not everyone is employable here, not everyone can come. And in the case of Mexico, we're seeing the effects of massive emigration now, the breakdown of Mexican society, extreme violence because massive migration out does not bring about stability.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:

Illegal alien supporter: "I believe that illegal immigration benefits the US!"

Person the supporter is talking to: "How does our country benefit from illegal labor?"

Illegal alien supporter: "Because I benefit from paying Pedro* half rate to mow my lawn and Juana* a third of what I would pay for a nanny who was a legal US resident!"

*depending upon what area of the country you live in, substitute Xio and Ming or Petyr and Irena for the underpaid illegal immigrants that said illegal supporter enjoys exploiting while wrapped in feel good liberalism.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:44 AM

20 posts, read 62,278 times
The problem with this thread's title is that it implies hatred on the part of people who merely oppose illegal immigration. You can love the people who move here illegally while opposing our open borders.

We need to separate the immigrants from the policies and practices of our government and the situations in other countries that make people desperate to live here. I cannot blame anyone for trying to feed their family by illegally migrating to America, but I do oppose such migration. There's a big difference between hatred of human beings and respect for the law.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Aztlan illegal alien supporter: No, Haitians don't have the same rights to unlimited illegal immigration as do Mexicans, Viva La Raza.

Mexican government official illegal alien (in the USA) supporter: we must continue to have unlimited ability to dump our unwanted populations into the USA because otherwise there would be pressure on us to make reforms which we obviously would like to avoid making.

Bleeding heart illegal alien supporter: The USA taxpayers have unlimited ability to take in the impoverished of the entire world. Not just from Mexico but from all the hundreds of countries throughout the world. No one should have to reform their own countries, that's too hard. No corrupt oligarchy should have to be overthrown, because someone could get hurt. Just bring all disadvantaged people into the USA, all 1.5 billion of them.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-DT View Post
The problem with this thread's title is that it implies hatred on the part of people who merely oppose illegal immigration. You can love the people who move here illegally while opposing our open borders.

We need to separate the immigrants from the policies and practices of our government and the situations in other countries that make people desperate to live here. I cannot blame anyone for trying to feed their family by illegally migrating to America, but I do oppose such migration. There's a big difference between hatred of human beings and respect for the law.
How true! The pro-illegals have no substantive defense for this invasion, so they incessantly accuse those opposed to illegal immigration as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists. As their level of desperation increases, we can expect their ranting to intensify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration