Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
But aren't you criticizing illegal immigrant groups for not protesting the Mexican Government?
Indeed I am. Can you not see the hypocrisy? They castigate the U.S. for alleged “mistreatment” of individuals with no legal right to even be here; while ignoring the “root cause” of their illegal entry into this country.

Furthermore, the Mexican government constantly meddles in U.S. affairs, and is a constant critic of our immigration policies. Why is Fox always visiting? Why is Calderon free to condemn the U.S. for the “inhumane” treatment of his rejects? Yes, hypocrisy! Moreover, didn’t Calderon state, “Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 03:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,210 times
All governments are hypocrites. Show me one goverment that isn't. Who defends the Mexican government anyways?

Our own government isnt so perfect. We criticize China and other countries for human violation rights, but speaking of brutality, we still have cases like this happening every now and then:
Abner Louima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talking about how corrupt the Mexican government is is a lame point.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
All governments are hypocrites. Show me one goverment that isn't. Who defends the Mexican government anyways?

Our own government isnt so perfect. We criticize China and other countries for human violation rights, but speaking of brutality, we still have cases like this happening every now and then:
Abner Louima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talking about how corrupt the Mexican government is is a lame point.
It isn't a "lame point" as long as 10-20 percent of Mexico's citizens illegally reside in this country. Otherwise, I would have to agree with you.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It isn't a "lame point" as long as 10-20 percent of Mexico's citizens illegally reside in this country. Otherwise, I would have to agree with you.
Let me reword that. The Mexican government needs to do its part to fix the country, which would prevent people wanting to leave the country.

But to hold the actions of the Mexican Government against the illegal immigrants and the groups that advocate just doesnt make sense to me.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Let me reword that. The Mexican government needs to do its part to fix the country, which would prevent people wanting to leave the country.

But to hold the actions of the Mexican Government against the illegal immigrants and the groups that advocate just doesnt make sense to me.
What gives you the impression people are blaming illegal aliens for their worthless and corrupt government? I certainly don’t. However, I could respect Mexican illegal aliens if they were willing to fight for rights in Mexico, rather than marching in OUR streets making demands, and whining about their lack of “rights” in this country. Why do they have no qualms about protesting in a country they have illegally entered, yet refuse to do the same in their country of origin? That, I don’t comprehend.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
“The Mexican government expresses indignation at the treatment of Mexicans in the United States,” the group wrote in the report. “But when the immigrant is deported to Mexico, the government forgets its previous stance and violates the migrant's rights.”
If that sort of crap keeps up: it would not surprise me to see Mexico blow up.

Why I say that is many of the 'peasants' from SOB received a taste of respect here in the USA-----despite the above deportees being here illegally in the first place.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:01 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Quote:

Why would it not make sense to hold the Mexican government's actions against illegal immigrants and the groups that advocate it?

Does the poor treatment of their own returning citizens not even alarm you in any way? If we (as in the U.S.) were beating and abusing these people there would be an outcry across the world, but yet when their own government does such an atrocious act all we hear from you is

I'm having a big disconnect here; please enlighten me.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Why would it not make sense to hold the Mexican government's actions against illegal immigrants and the groups that advocate it?

Does the poor treatment of their own returning citizens not even alarm you in any way? If we (as in the U.S.) were beating and abusing these people there would be an outcry across the world, but yet when their own government does such an atrocious act all we hear from you is

I'm having a big disconnect here; please enlighten me.
It doesn't make sense to hold the Mexican government's actions against illegal immigrants and the groups that advocate them...becauuuusee...
illegal immigrants and the groups that advoate them aren't the Mexican government?

When the U.S. hold giant illegal camps where people are tortured and imprisoned for years on end without there even being any charges, are we the American people responsible?
No, its the government.
The U.S. is just as hypocritical for doing what it does and criticizing Mexico for it's treatment of immigrants. All governments are corrupt. Just the way it is. But realize the difference between a country and its rulers or government.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:29 AM

608 posts, read 1,004,786 times
They may be returning but the article says they do not have the proper documentation. This does not in any way justify their poor treatment. As I posted in another thread, one does not break laws by leaving a country with or without documentation. One breaks the law when entering a country without proper documentation. When one goes to Mexico one must pass through Mexican operated Border Crossing/Customs not a US operated Border Crossing/Customs. When one crosses the border to the US one passes through US operated Border Crossing/Customs not Mexican Border Crossing/Customs. So illegals returning to Mexico through a Mexican operated Border crossing must still present proper identification. The alternative is to sneak back over the border. The US would still take a US citizen into custody without presenting proper identification upon returning. It is no different. In fact may be worse as there would be suspicion as to why the US citizen does not have their documentation to begin with.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:07 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Quote:
It doesn't make sense to hold the Mexican government's actions against illegal immigrants and the groups that advocate them...becauuuusee...
illegal immigrants and the groups that advoate them aren't the Mexican government?

When the U.S. hold giant illegal camps where people are tortured and imprisoned for years on end without there even being any charges, are we the American people responsible?
No, its the government.
The U.S. is just as hypocritical for doing what it does and criticizing Mexico for it's treatment of immigrants. All governments are corrupt. Just the way it is. But realize the difference between a country and its rulers or government.
All I hear is pops and clicks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration