Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Do you support diversity lottery?
No, because it's not based on an immigrant's being beneficial to the country. It's a crap-shoot.

Quote:
Do you support family or chain immigration?
On a limited basis, yes. However, the way it is currently operated is a farce.

Quote:
Do you support H1-b visas?
Again yes, on a limited basis. I think 65,000 a year is quite enough.

Quote:
Do you support a guestworker program?
If the workers actually go home at the end of a year or two, yes. If they don't, they're not 'guests'.

Quote:
You refuse to answer these questions.
That's BS, this is the first time anyone has ASKED me these questions, and I have NEVER refused to answer them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
No, because it's not based on an immigrant's being beneficial to the country. It's a crap-shoot.

On a limited basis, yes. However, the way it is currently operated is a farce.

Again yes, on a limited basis. I think 65,000 a year is quite enough.

If the workers actually go home at the end of a year or two, yes. If they don't, they're not 'guests'.

That's BS, this is the first time anyone has ASKED me these questions, and I have NEVER refused to answer them.
Meaning you are opposed to more immigrants coming into the country LEGALLY. That in my book spells anti-immigrant.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Meaning you are opposed to more immigrants coming into the country LEGALLY. That in my book spells anti-immigrant.
So supporting limited legal immigration in your mind translates into being ANTI-immigrant?
It's no wonder you sound so confused...

Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I live a comfortable life, if I have a criminal act against me, it would most likely
be from one of our own born and bred white boys. (and I am white)

Oh yeah? How did you come to this conclusion?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:07 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
So supporting limited legal immigration in your mind translates into being ANTI-immigrant?
It's no wonder you sound so confused...
All i hear from the so called "anti-illegal" crowd is they don't mind people coming in as long as they do it LEGALLY, yet you want to make it even harder and restrict people from coming in LEGALLY. That is not a pro-legal immigration stance but rather an ant-immigrant stance.

It is just like saying you are all for building the fence but you want to really slow down how fast it is put up.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
All i hear from the so called "anti-illegal" crowd is they don't mind people coming in as long as they do it LEGALLY, yet you want to make it even harder and restrict people from coming in LEGALLY. That is not a pro-legal immigration stance but rather an ant-immigrant stance.

It is just like saying you are all for building the fence but you want to really slow down how fast it is put up.

You apparently want open borders. Open borders would destroy this country because we just don't have the infrastructure to support the new wave of people. Therefore, we set limits to the number of immigrants who are accepted every year. Those that wait their turn and eventually get their chance, are welcomed with open arms. Those that are rejected will just have to wait. No other country in the world accepts immigrants the way we do, yet we are criticized.

I guarantee you don't even care about immigrants from Europe, right? You are nothing but a traitorous racist who cares nothing about this country.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 AM

I like ice cream. I also realize that eating an entire half-gallon of it will make me sick, so I limit myself to one bowl at a time.

Does that make me anti-ice cream??

Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
I like ice cream. I also realize that eating an entire half-gallon of it will make me sick, so I limit myself to one bowl at a time.

Does that make me anti-ice cream??
Not neccessarily "anti"....but you DO sound like a part of the "closed containers" crowd.....and you probably have other issues as well...(I'd imagine you're probably a 'vanilla only' guy, just from the grumpy sound of your posts).....

Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
That is not a pro-legal immigration stance but rather an ant-immigrant stance.

:
PLEASE....my local county government actually has had to hire 5 Vector-Control officers (each with his own brand new pickup) to deal with an infestation of Fire Ants (supposedly brought here from Texas a few years ago)..

PLEASE....no more talk about "Ant-Immigrants", OK?. They're not immigrants, they're terribly destructive 6-legged beasts.....

Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Not neccessarily "anti"....but you DO sound like a part of the "closed containers" crowd.....and you probably have other issues as well...(I'd imagine you're probably a 'vanilla only' guy, just from the grumpy sound of your posts).....
Actually I'm a Neapolitan fan, something about the diversity of it appeals to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration