Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Houston, I take it you're in Houston? We have them all over the place in Phoenix too!
ICE did another big raid here last week and they also charged the owners of the business. That's two big ones in the last month. And ICE said this is just the begining..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

Why should I have to pay for healthcare for illegal immigrants with my taxes when I have to pay for my personal health coverage out of pocket?
I Was taking about me not you. I also have to pay for my insurance as you do too. I also have to pay taxes for schools too, and I don't have any kids in school, it is just something you do.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If you embrace them so much, you foot the full bill for them. Last report, last month, here was there are 28,000 in this area wanted for crimes other than just being here illegally.

I am footing the bill for them, just like you are.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Apparently you must not mind your tax dollars being spent on all these illegals?

You don't mind illegals running around your city and country.

You have no problem when a criminal act gets cimmited against you because you are just letting them live?

Apparentky you are not paying enough taxes then because I am and I am tired of what we the people are spending on these criminals. Illegals are criminals and all need to go home.
I pay taxes on plenty of things I'm not happy with. It is not my business if they run around the city, that is what you are paying the border patrol for, if they have them where you live. BTW the government must think I'm paying enough taxes, I have not heard any gripe from them. I live a comfortable life, if I have a criminal act against me, it would most likely
be from one of our own born and bred white boys. (and I am white)

Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 PM

812 posts, read 2,307,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I pay taxes on plenty of things I'm not happy with. It is not my business if they run around the city, that is what you are paying the border patrol for, if they have them where you live. BTW the government must think I'm paying enough taxes, I have not heard any gripe from them. I live a comfortable life, if I have a criminal act against me, it would most likely
I am glad you are comfortable and you could be so much more comfortable if you didn't have to pay so much taxes for illegals.

I don't know what you being white (I am not)has to do w/ anything. but I am one of "our own" (Proud American) and I do hear from the I.R.S, every April 15th when I have to write a check.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
I am so sick and tire of hearing lame excuses such as "Americans commit crimes too, not just illegals" for crimes committed by illegals. Crimes committed by Americans are an entirely different issue. The fact is if illegals were not here they would not have been able to commit crimes here. I patriotic Americans will see through the spins and PC talk and not be discouraged by a few hateful illegals and their supporters.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I am footing the bill for them, just like you are.
And you like it ? I don't, I worked to raise my family, now I'm retired and I don't want to support abunch of illegals..

And I paid school taxes before I had kids, I paid school taxes after I had kids and I paid when they went to school, now I have no kids in school and I still pay school taxes. And I don't mind paying for anyone here as long as they are here legal.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And you like it ? I don't, I worked to raise my family, now I'm retired and I don't want to support abunch of illegals..

And I paid school taxes before I had kids, I paid school taxes after I had kids and I paid when they went to school, now I have no kids in school and I still pay school taxes. And I don't mind paying for anyone here as long as they are here legal.
No one in their right mind would love paying taxes. I think your anger is misdirected, you have to know that our government panders to them.
I blame the employers that hire them, not the ones looking for work. I do not see that happening at any fast rate, and I do not think our government will do anything, they have a high Latino voting crowd.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
I agree. I think most of us are a lot more comfortable being victimized by white criminals. THe way I look at it is, "these white criminals MAY rip me off...but at LEAST they're keeping the money they get from me, in the community". It's FAR scarier to be victimized by illegals...who KNOWS where your money may end up?

Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
No one in their right mind would love paying taxes. I think your anger is misdirected, you have to know that our government panders to them.
I blame the employers that hire them, not the ones looking for work. I do not see that happening at any fast rate, and I do not think our government will do anything, they have a high Latino voting crowd.
I paid taxes my whole working life and now I am retired and I still pay taxes. And that has nothing to do with my feeling about illegals.

I live in a mostly Latino area and in the last two elections for President I bet there wasn't two Latinos in line to vote when I was there and the local elections they don't show up at all. We had a Latino run for governor and they didn't even getout to elect him..And he lost real bad. Heck, I even voted for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration