Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:32 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew3074 View Post
That guy is cold-blooded. Though, he's definitely not a typical illegal, otherwise the US will be a mess. No offense, but most of the massive killers are usually Americans, so I don't see a point here.
The point is he was here ILLEGALLY! Why is that so hard for some people to understand? If SF was not a Sanctuary city harboring illegal aliens-these three men would be alive.

For the millionth time-yes Americans commit violent crimes. Yes not all illegals commit violent crimes. We Americans have enough of our own criminal dirtbags-we don't need the rest of the worlds. The fact that ONE Americans dies at the hands of someone who SHOULD NOT be here is just disgusting and traitorous by our governement on all levels. Every day Americans and legal immigrants die/are injured/are molested at the hand of illegal aliens. Why is this acceptable?
Most of the time-when you hear about these murders by illegal aliens there have been prior violent offenses and prior deportations and/or deportation orders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 05:45 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
An American citizen doing this crime (and they have) would go to prison for life or death.
An illegal doing this crime will also go to prison for life or death,
the point I think being made, and the distinction between the to is if the government of the US , in conjunction with the City of San Fransisco had not worked in benign methods, those three men would still be alive today BECAUSE the illegal wouldn't have been here anyway.

Other articles revealed that the killer had already been picked up by police authorities on other unrelated crimes and they had protected his status as a way to get into Americas face....

Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Nobody said all U.S. citizens commit crimes like that. Where did you even see that?
The hypocrisy is when one suggests crimes committed by illegal immigrants are committed simply because they are illegal immigrants. When they use those crimes to make all illegals/Mexicans look like violent criminals.
No one justifies the murders or bad things done by people who happen to be illegal.
Can't say the same for things that have been done to illegals or immigrants for BEING illegals or immigrants.
Is this not the immigration forum; and is this not a story pertaining to an illegal immigrant? We are ALL aware of the fact that most illegal aliens are not mass murderers, and posting this story does not remotely imply that. Likewise, most U.S. citizens do not engage in brutal murders such as the heinous crime committed against the young man on the other thread.

Should we restrict our discussions to so-called “positive” or “sob” stories relating to illegal immigration to support the pro-illegal argument, and simply ignore the negative impact of this issue? This and the other story illustrate the “extreme” consequences of this illegal invasion; as did the murders in Newark. Should we avoid the extreme and pretend they don’t exist? If we were discussing teen pregnancy, would it be inappropriate to discuss a girl who has four kids by the time she’s 19, so as not to ‘imply’ that she is representative of all teen mothers? I think not.

Had a U.S. citizen viciously killed three innocent illegal aliens, it would be deemed a “hate” crime, and there would be outrage from illegal alien apologists; the ACLU would be involved, and there would be no end to this debate.

Illegal alien gang activity is becoming more pervasive and more insidious. This is a real threat to our country, and should receive as much exposure as possible. Should we simply accept this scourge upon on country as an unfortunate byproduct of our porous borders and lax enforcement of immigration laws?

What do you suggest we discuss on this forum? What topics should be off-limits?

Perhaps we should post a disclaimer each time we start a thread: This article does not imply that all illegal aliens are _______. Most are not violent criminals, and are simply guilty of entering our country illegally, or overstaying visas. Their primary crimes are the illegal use of a U.S. citizen’s SSN and/or document fraud.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]The point is he was here ILLEGALLY! Why is that so hard for some people to understand? If SF was not a Sanctuary city harboring illegal aliens-these three men would be alive.

For the millionth time-yes Americans commit violent crimes. Yes not all illegals commit violent crimes. We Americans have enough of our own criminal dirtbags-we don't need the rest of the worlds. The fact that ONE Americans dies at the hands of someone who SHOULD NOT be here is just disgusting and traitorous by our governement on all levels. Every day Americans and legal immigrants die/are injured/are molested at the hand of illegal aliens. Why is this acceptable?
Most of the time-when you hear about these murders by illegal aliens there have been prior violent offenses and prior deportations and/or deportation orders.
--------------

"We Americans have enough of our own criminal dirtbags-we don't need the rest of the worlds."

That is exactly the problem. MOST are great hard working people but some are not they are fleeing the law or they come here because America is an easy "mark" .
With open borders we do not know who is who . A woman at work here in Miami was mugged and her face slashed by an illegal from Honduras who came in via the border .

He was wanted for 2 rapes in Chicago but since no record on him like a citizen he was a "ghost" and law didnt catch up to him . I dont know what happened once he was arrested .
Point is it has nothing to do with any ethnicity/race it has to do with we cant just leave the "backdoor" open and say "come on in we dont care who you are "

Not to be redundant but for every illegal here there is a politician who has failed the country . People are angry at illegals its displaced anger as it is "our" politicians who have allowed this .

I imagine the Minute men would agree .

Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------------

"We Americans have enough of our own criminal dirtbags-we don't need the rest of the worlds."

That is exactly the problem. MOST are great hard working people but some are not they are fleeing the law or they come here because America is an easy "mark" .
With open borders we do not know who is who . A woman at work here in Miami was mugged and her face slashed by an illegal from Honduras who came in via the border .

He was wanted for 2 rapes in Chicago but since no record on him like a citizen he was a "ghost" and law didnt catch up to him . I dont know what happened once he was arrested .
Point is it has nothing to do with any ethnicity/race it has to do with we cant just leave the "backdoor" open and say "come on in we dont care who you are "

Not to be redundant but for every illegal here there is a politician who has failed the country . People are angry at illegals its displaced anger as it is "our" politicians who have allowed this .
I imagine the Minute men would agree .
No I do not think it is displaced anger- I have a right to be angry at illegal aliens. I also have a right to be angry at lax politicians and unethical companies that hire illegals. Illegal aliens are not innocent and blameless in this whole mess. I am mad at everyone involved-illegals, politicians,companies, activist judges, churches, etc. Regardless of whoever else shares in the blame-no one is forcing an illegal to be here illegally-it is done of their own free will.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM

Ofcourse they are coming here and will continue to because Mexico like MOST of Latin America is a sewer of corruption,dire poverty,etc.

Most illegals are coming here looking for a better life and I dont blame them at all but some are coming looking for a "mark" and thats the problem.

I dont blame anyone who wants a better life . If you lived in dire poverty you would do the same.

But again since open borders equals nothing but problems . We simply can not have the "back door" open .

I blame 100% the politicians in BOTH parties, judges,etc who allow it.

Illegals are never going to stop coming aslong as they can . Same way Mexican gvmt ,drug cartels will continue paying off many of "our" politicians .

Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Ofcourse they are coming here and will continue to because Mexico like MOST of Latin America is a sewer of corruption,dire poverty,etc.

Most illegals are coming here looking for a better life and I dont blame them at all but some are coming looking for a "mark" and thats the problem.

I dont blame anyone who wants a better life . If you lived in dire poverty you would do the same.

But again since open borders equals nothing but problems . We simply can not have the "back door" open .

I blame 100% the politicians in BOTH parties, judges,etc who allow it.

Illegals are never going to stop coming aslong as they can . Same way Mexican gvmt ,drug cartels will continue paying off many of "our" politicians .
Plenty of people live in poverty and don't break the law-they find legal solutions-work 2 or 3 jobs, do whatever they have to-legally. Too many poor people here and around the world have made something out of their lives through hard work and legal means. To say the only way to make a life for yourself is by breaking the law is a copout.

Here is an idea- How come they don't stay and fight to make THEIR country-where ever around the world that is- a better place? People in this country fought to make it a better place since the American Revolution, The Civil War, the Civil Rights Era, etc. etc. etc. How about people stay and sacrifice to make their country a better place just like Americans had to do to make America the country that it is? I guess it is much easier to come here illegally and demand that we give them rights that they don't deserve and eventual amnesty.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM

Yes it is easier to come here and get free social services your right which is why they come but again I blame "our" politicians 100% .

There are areas in Mexico that there are no jobs and their GVMT wants them to come here and send money back . The GVMT helps them come here .

Mexicos largest export are its poor it will not change . "Our" politicians either close the borders or not nothing will change in Mexico.

You can blame them for being poor and for not trying to change what can not be changed and for dropping anchor babies but in the end open borders are an invitation .

Either the border is closed or nothing will change there is no other option.
I think so many of "our' politicians at this point are so owned by Mexican money deposited in Caiman island safe deposit boxes that nothing much will change .

Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
So I can post any article I want that has mention of an illegal immigrant in it and it won't be deleted by the mods? It's just that all these articles detailing crimes committed by illegal immigrants are getting a little old. It's like certain people on this forum are posting every single article they see with mention in it of something bad that an "illegal" has done. We get it, some illegal immigrants committ crime and/or are bad people. They surely don't represent the typical immigrant though...
I don't care if there's only ONE illegal who commits a crime - they shouldn't be here in the first place. We have our own criminals, thank you very much!!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:52 PM

595 posts, read 2,743,265 times
This is very sad, to say the least.

What a MONSTER to commit such a horrible crime.

And for what?

I hate how some people can still say that these people are coming here for a better life. They're not. All of these stories of people dying due to illegal immigrants, about the crimes they commit, the neighborhoods they ruin, not to mention all of the "respect" they give to this country, the one they came here to for a "better life" only to destroy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration