Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Making Illegal's Legal Ruin Mexican Work Ethics?
Yes, they would become lazy like the current American Citizens. 12 70.59%
No, they would continue to work cheap and work hard. 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 AM

264 posts, read 2,144,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
If anyone is lazy, it's the Europeans - they're always on vacation.

Many Americans these days work much more than 8 hours/day, since many need more than one job with everything going up except wages.

I would never buy the argument that Americans are lazy - I know too many people who work their butts off. I think the illegals are lazy, because instead of trying to make their own country better, they take the easy way out, come up here, and take our benefits. Sounds lazy to me.
Every construction crew I had of illegal immigrants they worked their butts off. Every cleaning crew of illegal immigrants I've seen they worked their butts off. We need them to clean our toilets, sweep our floors, take out our garbage, what American's would do that at commercial office buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
I'm anti-illegal immigration, but I do understand that American's are lazy. We only work 8 hours a day, except for the security guards and construction workers.
Are you not yourself American? You are using the word "we" but you are speaking disparagingly so forgive my need for clarity. Are you sure we all only work 8 hours a day? And FWIW, I believe both security guards and constructions workers are non-exempt, so they are paid extra for their extra hours. Are you adding yourself to that collective pile of shiftless citizens of this country btw?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you not yourself American? You are using the word "we" but you are speaking disparagingly so forgive my need for clarity. Are you sure we all only work 8 hours a day? And FWIW, I believe both security guards and constructions workers are non-exempt, so they are paid extra for their extra hours. Are you adding yourself to that collective pile of shiftless citizens of this country btw?
I'm American and I'm lazy as hell.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Every construction crew I had of illegal immigrants they worked their butts off. Every cleaning crew of illegal immigrants I've seen they worked their butts off. We need them to clean our toilets, sweep our floors, take out our garbage, what American's would do that at commercial office buildings.

Curious: How old are you? I've worked in the corporate arena for more than 2 decades and I remember the days when Americans held these jobs, then polish immigrants. The offices were cleaned nightly and every morning when the work day began it was obvious that the offices were cleaned the night before.

Now? you're lucky if your office looks like it's been touched in over a week. Simply because you had a crew of IA's that you claim worked their butts off, doesn't mean it's the globalized, gospel truth. There are plenty of lazy illegals, if only the hospitals and welfare offices would submit monthly statistics we'd have a general idea of how many there really are.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I'm American and I'm lazy as hell.
Then you can speak for yourself. I'm American and I have a strong work ethic. My work doesn't end at the office either, I am working for pretty much all my waking hours.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Curious: How old are you? I've worked in the corporate arena for more than 2 decades and I remember the days when Americans held these jobs, then polish immigrants. The offices were cleaned nightly and every morning when the work day began it was obvious that the offices were cleaned the night before.

Now? you're lucky if your office looks like it's been touched in over a week. Simply because you had a crew of IA's that you claim worked their butts off, doesn't mean it's the globalized, gospel truth. There are plenty of lazy illegals, if only the hospitals and welfare offices would submit monthly statistics we'd have a general idea of how many there really are.
You're speaking about a time before American's were lazy. Come to Illinois and see how clean the Mexicans clean the buildings compared to the Polish immigrants. Also how would a illegal immigrant survive here if they were lazy? They can't get a legitimate job.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
You're speaking about a time before American's were lazy. Come to Illinois and see how clean the Mexicans clean the buildings compared to the Polish immigrants. Also how would a illegal immigrant survive here if they were lazy? They can't get a legitimate job.
For someone who claims to be anti-illegal you sure seem very fond of illegals and are doing your darndest to rationalize their right to be here.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
For someone who claims to be anti-illegal you sure seem very fond of illegals and are doing your darndest to rationalize their right to be here.
I am anti-illegal, I just wonder if they were all deported would the American people be able to do their jobs.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I am anti-illegal, I just wonder if they were all deported would the American people be able to do their jobs.
If that is really your concern, then try this on for size - who was doing all this stuff before the illegal invasion? There's your answer.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
If that is really your concern, then try this on for size - who was doing all this stuff before the illegal invasion? There's your answer.
European immigrants. But it's not like the old days, 35% of the population are not first generation European immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration