Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,771,494 times

Advertisements

Im guessing alot of the people with nice 50k+ Jobs with good insurance,etc..
Could care less about Illegal Immigration.
I have noticed alot of people who live in the suburbs and are pretty comfortable..
Dont really care about much of anything until it hits home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Im guessing alot of the people with nice 50k+ Jobs with good insurance,etc..
Could care less about Illegal Immigration.
I have noticed alot of people who live in the suburbs and are pretty comfortable..
Dont really care about much of anything until it hits home.

Not true. There are plenty of us who care and are doing all we can to get rid of illegal aliens. This isn't just about low wage jobs, it's about keeping our society safe from diseases that have previously been eradicated, its about: preservation of American culture, our language ENGLISH, our way of life, having our laws upheld, our country respected, living in a civilized society, the sovereignty of America and what we as Americans MUST do to ensure the progress our future generations.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-25-2008 at 09:45 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,742,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Not true. There are plenty of us who care and are doing all we can to get rid of them.
I'm with you. I'd say the percentage is high in all groups, except the libs and DC.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,771,494 times
Just an Observation i had made from talking to folks.
I would say the working class is probably more against illegal Immigration.
Followed by the middle class and i doubt the uber-rich could care less.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I'm with you. I'd say the percentage is high in all groups, except the libs and DC.
Agreed. Because there are at least 20-30 million illegal aliens in this country, I doubt that few if any people are still asleep or unaware. I'm sure that there are millionaires and billionaires who are not affected or are bleeding heart liberals, but at the end of the day, if you love this country and remember how much better it was even as late as 10 years ago, then you have been negatively impacted and should care.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:51 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,742,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Just an Observation i had made from talking to folks.
I would say the working class is probably more against illegal Immigration.
Followed by the middle class and i doubt the uber-rich could care less.
Yeah, I'm sure the working class that has day workers taking their jobs would be 100%.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM

394 posts, read 1,007,709 times
Quote:
Not true. There are plenty of us who care and are doing all we can to get rid of illegal aliens. This isn't just about low wage jobs, it's about keeping our society safe from diseases that have previously been eradicated, its about: preservation of American culture, our language ENGLISH, our way of life, having our laws upheld, our country respected, living in a civilized society, the sovereignty of America and what we as Americans MUST do to ensure the progress our future generations.
WELL SAID JDdubsMom

Old 07-25-2008, 11:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Agreed. There are MANY professionals earning six-figures who vehemently oppose illegal immigration, and are actively involved in fighting this scourge. It's the "wealthy" millionaires and billionaires living in their secluded mansions who tend not to be concerned. After all, most of them have enough money to live off for the remainder of their lives, and their descendents.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
WELL SAID JDdubsMom
Thanks scooter!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. There are MANY professionals earning six-figures who vehemently oppose illegal immigration, and are actively involved in fighting this scourge. It's the "wealthy" millionaires and billionaires living in their secluded mansions who tend not to be concerned. After all, most of them have enough money to live off for the remainder of their lives, and their descendents.
That and more likely than not they employ them as maids, nanny's, housekeepers, and gardners. I'd even go so far as to say they are part of the problem as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration