Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Not true. There are plenty of us who care and are doing all we can to get rid of illegal aliens. This isn't just about low wage jobs, it's about keeping our society safe from diseases that have previously been eradicated, its about: preservation of American culture, our language ENGLISH, our way of life, having our laws upheld, our country respected, living in a civilized society, the sovereignty of America and what we as Americans MUST do to ensure the progress our future generations.
Did it bother you when instead of saying MERRY CHRISTMAS, we are supposed to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS, when they took prayer out of school,
when they removed pork from the schools lunches because it was uncomfortable for different ethnic groups? That is coming from YOUR government, with our rights being taken away and you are more concerned about Illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Most likely the same thing that happened to the money the farmers 'saved' by hiring illegals. Our food prices certainly don't reflect a savings for the consumer. Have you noticed a decrease in the cost of a hotel room? What about the cost of plants or mulch from landscaping and nursery businesses? Have you purchased flowers lately? As a matter of fact, what have consumers gained in any industry dominated by illegals? I haven't noticed a decrease in the cost of anything.
You don't think the price of gas would have any impact on the things you listed? Is it easier to blame the illegals?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Most likely the same thing that happened to the money the farmers 'saved' by hiring illegals. Our food prices certainly don't reflect a savings for the consumer. Have you noticed a decrease in the cost of a hotel room? What about the cost of plants or mulch from landscaping and nursery businesses? Have you purchased flowers lately? As a matter of fact, what have consumers gained in any industry dominated by illegals? I haven't noticed a decrease in the cost of anything.
Decreasing dollar value, higher gas prices, and any kind of inflation blamed on illegals. Makes sense to me.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I guess you weren't paying attention when they decided about that time to change the way they computed the unemployment figure. Using the OLD parameters the unemployment rate would be about 10%.
Thank you so very much. I have always wondered why so many in this country have fallen for the BS numbers that the government gives out. I remember when they changed the way they computed unemployment and all. Another thing to think about is the fact that so many are no longer looking and are no longer collecting unemployment benefits and when they fall out of the system then they are not counted anymore.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Just because the data isn't favorable to your opinion doesn't mean it isn't true. If you guys were really out of work, the data would show it. And it just doesn't match.
Just because you read it on the internet does not make it true.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Yeah right, all government data is rigged
Very close to it my friend. You really should learn how data was collected decades ago and see how different it is now compared to how they do it these days. I can tell that you are young but us old farts remember when the government actuially tried to tell the truth about unemployment and such. That is not the case these days. It wasn't even that long ago that Bush made working in a fast food joint a manufacturing job. Does that sound reasonable to you? Of course it is not.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:31 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Did it bother you when instead of saying MERRY CHRISTMAS, we are supposed to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS, when they took prayer out of school,
when they removed pork from the schools lunches because it was uncomfortable for different ethnic groups? That is coming from YOUR government, with our rights being taken away and you are more concerned about Illegals?

Those issues bother me as well, but since this is the "immigration" forum, I suspect that is why she is discussing immigration and not the Happy Holiday bs.
I don't think she ever said she was more concerned with illegals than other rights. Why do people always have to hop around from subject to subject? Trickery!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Those issues bother me as well, but since this is the "immigration" forum, I suspect that is why she is discussing immigration and not the Happy Holiday bs.
I don't think she ever said she was more concerned with illegals than other rights. Why do people always have to hop around from subject to subject? Trickery!
When they have no legitimate response they perpetually resort to diversionary tactics of changing the course of the conversation or their worn out trump card aka the Race Card.

Gee, I wonder what they'll do now that the entire board sees their pattern?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration