Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:49 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times

Advertisements

I have to say that like Domergurl I am having difficulty understanding where you are going. But more importantly, you do not make it clear in your posts who you are quoting or what is a quote and what are your words (alone).

Can you please take a little more time with your posts, so that those of us interested in the subject can participate with more clarity.

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 PM

56 posts, read 253,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I have to say that like Domergurl I am having difficulty understanding where you are going. But more importantly, you do not make it clear in your posts who you are quoting or what is a quote and what are your words (alone).

Can you please take a little more time with your posts, so that those of us interested in the subject can participate with more clarity.

Many thanks.
All the quotes are T.R. and Woodrow Wilson.
And yes the cubans do tend to steal.I lived in hialeah and had never been anywhere else in the world where even your mailbox must be bared down ,even your ac unit must have bars on it .And i press you to find any where in the u.s. where there is so much stolen property reported every year.My wife is cuuban from cuba moved to hialeah after 12 years and she agrees with me.As a matter of fact after meeting her in gainesville b4 moiving to miami she and her family warned me .She was right .Take all the offense you want but it true and you know it.

Last edited by christa17; 01-26-2007 at 03:39 PM..

Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times
I don't live in Florida. I have never lived in Florida. I can't however condone what you are inferring.

I have many Cuban friends, and I would never, never characterize them the way you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christa17 View Post
All the quotes are T.R. and Woodrow Wilson.
Ans yes the cubans do tend to steal.I lived in hieleah and had never been anywhere else in the world where even you mailbox must be bared down ,even your ac unit must have bars on it .And i press you to find any where in the u.s. where ther is so much stolen property reported every year.My wife is cuuban from cuba moved to hialeah after 12 years and she agrees with me.As a matter of favt after meeting her in gainesville b4 moiving to miami she and her family warned me .She was right .Take all the offense you want but it true and you know it.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Cubans can stay once they touch dry land.It is called the wet foot dry foot act .It was made because of when kenedy promised the cuban revulition in the 70 s that we would back it up with the military ,and we did not .their fighters were slaughtered and to make up for it the govt.said if you can make it here you can have assylum.Time has passed lets revoke it!
Getting rid of the embargo is a more important priority.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:36 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,169,529 times
Quote:
You say "The Hispanic group is now the largest minority group in USA; they represent all of Central/South America."Then they are not Americans and need to leave.
Again you a missing the point, we are a country of immigrants. Our roots will take us back all over the world .

The meaning of my statement is the origin or roots of all the Hispanic group are from Central/South America, but I should add the Caribbean and Spain.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Again you a missing the point, we are a country of immigrants. Our roots will take us back all over the world .

The meaning of my statement is the origin or roots of all the Hispanic group are from Central/South America, but I should add the Caribbean and Spain.
Many Latin Americans have roots in Africa and in other European countries, even Asia and the Middle East. "Latino" is a cultural term, and "Hispanic" as the US government uses it means someone from a Spanish speaking Latin American country. For example,the US government does not consider people from Spain to be "Hispanics" because they're from Europe, while someone of German or Eastern European ancestry who is from South America is considered a "Hispanic".

Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM

24 posts, read 17,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Actually, it's not "all over the world" as you may think.

Up until the passing of the 1965 immigration act this country was overwhelmingly (over ninety percent) White and European.

So, the whole myth about being the world over, etc etc is just that.. a myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Many Latin Americans have roots in Africa and in other European countries, even Asia and the Middle East. "Latino" is a cultural term, and "Hispanic" as the US government uses it means someone from a Spanish speaking Latin American country. For example,the US government does not consider people from Spain to be "Hispanics" because they're from Europe, while someone of German or Eastern European ancestry who is from South America is considered a "Hispanic".
Except a German or Italian from Southern Brazil or Argentina is not sneaking under the fence to come pick lettuce and join MS-13. They are probably staying in their countries. Southern Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay, contrary to popular belief, are actually very "White."

Old 01-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post

Except a German or Italian from Southern Brazil or Argentina is not sneaking under the fence to come pick lettuce and join MS-13. They are probably staying in their countries. Southern Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay, contrary to popular belief, are actually very "White."
"Contrary to popular belief"?It's pretty well known that Argentina is the "whitest" country outside of Europe (and certainly has fewer nonwhites than the UK or France do). The average American thinks of Argentines and Uruguayans as being like Spaniards or Italians - and given that the majority of the population of those countries is of either Spanish or Italian descent, they have a point.

Brazilians do emigrate to the US, but they don't bring their country's (very real) problems with crime and extremism with them. It's pretty rare to find anyone in the US complaining about Brazilian immigrants.

BTW, there is a pretty large emigration of Colombian and Venezuelan "whites" to the USA going on right now, due to the situation in those countries.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:49 PM

I'd quote TR before I would quote Wilson.While by the standards of today TR would be considered a racist, he would not have been considered to be one in his time.Wilson, OTOH,would have been considered a racist even in his day;he segregated government jobs and openly praised the KKK

Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,334,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Getting rid of the embargo is a more important priority.
Bingo!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration