Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:39 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

DENVER (AP) - Denver voters passed a ballot measure that would give police the authority to seize cars driven by illegal immigrants.

Initiative 100 requires police to impound vehicles of unlicensed drivers, an authority they already have. It also adds language to the city code that targets illegal immigrants.

The measure says that when a driver is an illegal alien or "may be reasonably suspected of being an illegal alien" police can impound the car.

Opponents of the measure say the ordinance could lead to racial profiling.

Supporters say the measure keeps more unlicensed drivers off the roads.
Colorado law prohibits illegal immigrants from getting a driver's license.

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Denver voters pass Initiative 100

Somebody needs to tell these "opponents" of the rule of law, the race card has become their joker.

Hooray for the rule of law . . . . the hammer continues to fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 11:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Any attempts at enforcement are deemed ripe for "racial profiling" by the pro-illegal crowd. Didn't Obama call ICE terrorists?

Hammer Time!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Any attempts at enforcement are deemed ripe for "racial profiling" by the pro-illegal crowd. Didn't Obama call ICE terrorists?

Hammer Time!
He did indeed but we both know what side of the amnesty fence he's on.

Hoooray . . . . back by popular demand. . .It's Hammer Time!

Thanks Benicar!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:16 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Cool. Thanks Benicar- I love it!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 PM

11 posts, read 36,790 times
Default Racist!!!

Hope your drunk ass gets pulled over without a license and they impround your car too.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:41 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoHiGuy View Post
Hope your drunk ass gets pulled over without a license and they impround your car too.
And another DREAMie heard from...

Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:

A) I don't drink and drive
B) I have a license
ergo
C) my car is not impounded

Oooh, and I am also not living and working and certainly not driving illegally in a foreign country.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:51 PM

11 posts, read 36,790 times
B) I have a license
ergo

Oooh, and I am also not living and working and certainly not driving illegally in a foreign country.

Now go have sex with your sister!!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
NOT NICE, LoHiGuy!

Referring to this type of law as racist is nothing but RACIST on your part. Any individual driving a vehicle without insurance, proper registration and/or a valid drivers license SHOULD have their vehicle seized. If it is determined they are in this country illegally, then DEPORTATION should be mandatory. This ridiculous policy of issuing a citation to a blatant common criminal is just that . . . RIDICULOUS.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
B) I have a license
ergo

Now go have sex with your sister!!
Yeah, don't have sex with my sister...and my car is not impounded. And did I mention that I have ssn that actually belongs to me and was not stolen? Can you say the same about any of these things? (though if you sleep with your sister, you can keep that to yourself, Okthx)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration