U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2008, 07:27 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON ó Local and state police should leave immigration enforcement up to federal agencies, according to the preliminary findings of a Police Foundation study
Local authorities should leave immigration enforcement to feds, police study says | Nation | Star-Telegram.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Wayward Pines,ID
1,843 posts, read 3,307,055 times
Reputation: 1401
"We donít have enough manpower to enforce the local and state laws right now," Sheriff Greg Hamilton said Friday. "By us bringing in another area of enforcement, all itís going to do is diminish what we were sanctioned to do ó crime fighting."

Would the next logical question be how much of that crime is BY illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Local authorities should leave immigration enforcement to feds, police study says | Nation | Star-Telegram.com (broken link)
Well; till the Federal Government picks up the ball----------it is the responsibility of lower level LE to get things moving.

The Civil Rights battles were state by state in dismantling Jim Crow; 1954 brought Brown vs. the Board of Education----------then the dominoes started falling fast. Rosa Parks in 1956, Voting Rights acts of 1965, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well; till the Federal Government picks up the ball----------it is the responsibility of lower level LE to get things moving.

The Civil Rights battles were state by state in dismantling Jim Crow; 1954 brought Brown vs. the Board of Education----------then the dominoes started falling fast. Rosa Parks in 1956, Voting Rights acts of 1965, etc.
Absolutely! Why should illegal immigration differ? Oh, that's right, illegal aliens provide the 'slave' labor for the greedy corporations. We wouldn’t want to interfere with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:37 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well; till the Federal Government picks up the ball----------it is the responsibility of lower level LE to get things moving.

The Civil Rights battles were state by state in dismantling Jim Crow; 1954 brought Brown vs. the Board of Education----------then the dominoes started falling fast. Rosa Parks in 1956, Voting Rights acts of 1965, etc.
Agreed. Nothing would suit the IA's and their huggers more than for us to depend on the do nothing federal government to continue to do nothing except keep cranking out our federal tax dollars to help prop up the budget shortfalls due to the overwhelming presence of illegal aliens.

It helps them to asuage their guilt for doing nothing about enforcement of our current laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 09:09 AM
 
638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Reputation: 217
Arizona's Governor, Janet Napolitano (Democrat) used that same line "it's the responsibility of the Federal Government" so many times during my stay in Arizona it sounded like a broke record, "not my job". Phoenix Police Department, which had an ordinance prohibiting Police Officers from even asking someone's immigration status, constantly regurgitated this same verbiage in the article.

You need to learn these words and recognize them as propaganda. It's almost verbatim what's on the la raza and maldef websites. Who is really doing the talking here?

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CORRUPTION!

"Some local officials said their agencies lack the expertise and resources to detain illegal immigrants. By helping to conduct crackdowns, community police and sheriff’s agencies risk straining trust with locals whom police rely on for tips to fight crime, they say.

"If the community doesn’t trust us, it makes our job harder," said El Paso Mayor John Cook, one of several speakers at the conference who touched on the growing fear within many communities after immigration raids. Cook and other local leaders urged Congress to work on an immigration overhaul as they struggle to make sense of what they see as incoherent federal policies.

The mayor, who supports providing illegal immigrants with a path toward legal status, added that the city’s officers aren’t nearly as well-trained as federal agents in enforcing immigration laws. The lack of expertise puts the city at risk of expensive lawsuits, Cook said, pointing to one in Katy."


The excuse about not being trained (or legally able to arrest illegal aliens) is easily solved with the program 287(g). Forward to your local law enforcement :
http://www.ice.gov/exec/s287g/section287g_packet_request.asp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 10:43 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
"We donít have enough manpower to enforce the local and state laws right now," Sheriff Greg Hamilton said Friday. "By us bringing in another area of enforcement, all itís going to do is diminish what we were sanctioned to do ó crime fighting."

Would the next logical question be how much of that crime is BY illegals?
As a retired cop with 30 years behind the badge I am appalled at the above quote.

Each of us took a solem oath, We pledge our word of honor, we vowed to enforce ALL LOCAL, STATE and FEDERAL laws and to UP HOLD the Constitution so HELP US GOD.

For any police organization to state and for any police administrator to state that we cant enforce that law because we a re under staffed is ludicrous.

Hell Police departments have been understaffed since the olde west days.

Do your job Law dawgs do your solemn duty. I really dont want to come out of retirement because you new breed are trying to be PC.

Ive served my time, shot stabbed and flipped a car so just do your job as your swore you would...........geeze............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
As a retired cop with 30 years behind the badge I am appalled at the above quote.

Each of us took a solem oath, We pledge our word of honor, we vowed to enforce ALL LOCAL, STATE and FEDERAL laws and to UP HOLD the Constitution so HELP US GOD.

For any police organization to state and for any police administrator to state that we cant enforce that law because we a re under staffed is ludicrous.

Hell Police departments have been understaffed since the olde west days.

Do your job Law dawgs do your solemn duty. I really dont want to come out of retirement because you new breed are trying to be PC.

Ive served my time, shot stabbed and flipped a car so just do your job as your swore you would...........geeze............
Smile when you say that: you may have many a PD clamoring for your experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 10:57 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
As a retired cop with 30 years behind the badge I am appalled at the above quote.

Each of us took a solem oath, We pledge our word of honor, we vowed to enforce ALL LOCAL, STATE and FEDERAL laws and to UP HOLD the Constitution so HELP US GOD.

For any police organization to state and for any police administrator to state that we cant enforce that law because we a re under staffed is ludicrous.

Hell Police departments have been understaffed since the olde west days.

Do your job Law dawgs do your solemn duty. I really dont want to come out of retirement because you new breed are trying to be PC.

Ive served my time, shot stabbed and flipped a car so just do your job as your swore you would...........geeze............
It would help if the federal government, along with the respective mayors, governors and other IA huggers would allow the police to do their jobs. The fact that many officers hands are tied because it's tabu to question status even when it's more than apparent that their perp is illegal, is a big negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
As a retired cop with 30 years behind the badge I am appalled at the above quote.

Each of us took a solem oath, We pledge our word of honor, we vowed to enforce ALL LOCAL, STATE and FEDERAL laws and to UP HOLD the Constitution so HELP US GOD.

For any police organization to state and for any police administrator to state that we cant enforce that law because we a re under staffed is ludicrous.

Hell Police departments have been understaffed since the olde west days.

Do your job Law dawgs do your solemn duty. I really dont want to come out of retirement because you new breed are trying to be PC.

Ive served my time, shot stabbed and flipped a car so just do your job as your swore you would...........geeze............
My brother, may he rest in peace, was in law enforcement for many years prior to his untimely death. He would be equally appalled. I frequently think of what he would be saying if he were here to witness this travesty. Thank you for your service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top