Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
They're coming here to escape the violence.. I would too.

Duh!!! Of course they're coming to escape the violence, get shelter for their own families so they don't suffer retaliation.

Why do you think these people fear they are targets and now the cartels have said they will follow their targets over. Wake up man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Duh!!! Of course they're coming to escape the violence, get shelter for their own families so they don't suffer retaliation.

Why do you think these people fear they are targets and now the cartels have said they will follow their targets over. Wake up man.
I am woken, and following this very closely. Too bad the media where I live doesn't report the border violence. Only the extremely pro-illegal univision does.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Are you the national spokesmen for White people? just wondering.
Are you the national spokesman for all Mexican immigrants?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Are you the national spokesman for all Mexican immigrants?
Actually I've never stated that they couldn't or could afford the homes. I don't generalize on that. But surely you do. I don't say "Mexicans don't afford this!! thats proposterous!"

Old 08-25-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I am woken, and following this very closely. Too bad the media where I live doesn't report the border violence. Only the extremely pro-illegal univision does.
The national media isn't reporting much at all. I'm not sure why.

This is what I meant about the time lines:

Juárez violence boosts quests for El Paso homes
By Vic Kolenc / El Paso Times
Article Launched: 08/24/2008 12:00:00 AM MDT

Now today the cartels have said scrap that, they will come after them, they will get them regardless.

As bad as the cartels are, they really aren't going after completely innocent people although they could end up being innocent bystanders. I live on the border and I'm not afraid personally although I know the bloodshed and inter-cartel wars are picking up and moving to this side of the border.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Actually I've never stated that they couldn't or could afford the homes. I don't generalize on that. But surely you do. I don't say "Mexicans don't afford this!! thats proposterous!"

Okay -- maybe you know very little about El Paso. There are no movie stars here, no oil tycoons. There are now GMC plants with high paid CEOs. It's a low wage town.

Very wealthy Mexicans like maybe some movie stars would tend to move to Hollywood or Miami. There used to be Juan Gabriel but not anymore. Even he didn't have big mansions over here, a rather modest second home was all.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:13 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Warring Mexican drug cartels have given their hit men permission to cross into the United States to kill their targets,

Exactly when will our stupid government decide we need a reason to seal off our Southern border?
Where is old Black Jack to lead the US Army back to Mexico!!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 PM

The following shows how it goes.

Asesina un comando a 2 en antro y causa terror | Diario.com.mx: Edición Cd. Juárez

Un comando armado irrumpió ayer en el bar Chamucos, en la zona del Pronaf, abrió fuego contra los asistentes, logró ejecutar a dos hombres y dejó lesionadas a tres personas más.

El hecho provocó el terror entre los clientes, algunos de los cuales sufrieron crisis nerviosas y rompieron en llanto, otros se desmayaron. Los parroquianos tuvieron que permanecer por horas en el lugar debido a que elementos del Ejército Mexicano cerraron todos los accesos y les ordenaron tirarse al suelo en lo que supervisaban el área.

La autoridad estatal reportó que en el lugar recogieron 68 elementos balísticos calibre 7.62 x 39 como los utilizados por el arma AK-47, mejor conocida como “cuerno de chivo” y de .223 correspondientes a fusiles de asalto, como el R-15 o Vector.

Las personas heridas fueron identificadas como Laura Chavira Hernández, Karina Morales Moreno y José Luis Murillo Márquez, de 28, 23 y 31 años de edad, respectivamente, quienes fueron trasladados a recibir atención médica a las instalaciones de la Cruz Roja en la zona Pronaf y al parecer más tarde uno de ellos fue llevado al Hospital Thomason, en El Paso.

En los primeros minutos de ayer de cinco a seis hombres que se cubrían los rostros con pasamontañas que portaban armas de fuego ingresaron de forma violenta al centro de diversión, ubicado en las calles Ignacio Mejía y Fernando Montes de Oca y de inmediato en el vestíbulo realizaron los primeros disparos al tiempo que gritaban “todos al suelo”, dijo un testigo que no proporcionó sus datos personales por temor.
Una vez en el interior del antro accionaron sus armas en varias ocasiones.

De acuerdo con el testigo, parece que los sicarios tenían ubicadas a sus víctimas y a corta distancia les dispararon. Tras cometer el doble homicidio los asesinos se retiraron, pero casi de inmediato regresaron y volvieron a realizar detonaciones.
Una de las víctimas mortales sufrió nueve impactos de bala y exposición de masa encefálica, la cual quedó esparcida en el lugar.

--- Crowded nightclub, 68 bullets and just the two intended targets left dead. 3 people with them or near them were injured but they aim to kill. They have no reason to just randomly shoot at or target people, that's not what it's all about, but you don't want to be in their way.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,363 times
malamute
Quote:
--- Crowded nightclub, 68 bullets and just the two intended targets left dead. 3 people with them or near them were injured but they aim to kill. They have no reason to just randomly shoot at or target people, that's not what it's all about, but you don't want to be in their way.
Here is a machine translation of malamute's Spanish language post, I have attempted to correct some of the more confusing Spanish to English verbiage using the original Spanish text as a guide.

An armed command burst yesterday in the bar Chamucos, in the zone of the Pronaf, opened fire against the assistants, managed to execute two men and left injured three people more.
The fact caused the terror among the clients, some of which they suffered nervous breakdown and they broke in crying, other they were dismayed. The parishioners had to remain for hours in the place due to that elements of the Mexican Army closed all the accesses and they ordered to be thrown to the floor in which they supervised the area.
The state authority reported that in the place they collected 68 ballistic elements calibrate 7,62 x 39 as them utilized by the weapon AK-47, better known like "horn of goat" and of. 223 pertaining to assault rifles, as the R-15 or Vector.
The injured people were identifying like Laura Chavira Hernández, Karina Moral Dark and José Luis Murillo Márquez, of 28, 23 and 31 years of age, respectively, who they were transferred to receive medical attention to the installations of the Red Cross in the zone Pronaf and apparently later one of them was carried to the Hospital Thomason, in The Step.
In the first minutes of yesterday from five to six men that the faces with ski mask were covered that carried firearms entered of violent form to the center of diversion, located in the streets Ignacio Mejía and Fernando Mount of Goose and immediately in the vestibule carried out the first shots to the time that shouted "all to the floor", a witness said that did not provide his personal data. Once in the interior of the bar they drove their weapons in several occasions.
According to the witness, seems that the hitmen had located their victims and to short distance they shot them. After committing the double homicide the murderers withdrew, but almost immediately they returned and carried out again detonations. One of the mortal victims suffered nine impacts of bullet and exposition of gray matter, which remained widespread in the place.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,472 times
Thanks for posting the article about the shooting at Chamuco's. People need to understand that the shootings are not random. They are NOT targeting the bar, or its clients. They target cartel "members/employees" or whatever you want to call them that go into the night clubs. It is sad that legitimate businesses like Chamuco's have to be in the middle of this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration