Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:57 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There you go again putting words into my mouth. Get a grip and learn to speak for yourself. I've done fine my entire lifetime without you.
I only highlighted, I didn't add or remove words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Sadly, I doubt that it will happen in our lifetime. I am ashamed of what we will be leaving our future generations. I am blessed that my son is in college and well on his way to a very bright future. If another amnesty passes, the enthocentric in our government (soon to be the majority) will ensure that America's non-latino children will become bottom of the barrel second class citizens.
-----------

No it won't be America's non Latino kids it will be America's high standards and natural resources .

This will include America's "Latino" Kids also they will suffer as much as everyone else.

Now if you want to say we will become an extension of Latin America with it's low standards-UNREAL corruption,etc than I agree .

The new group's coming don't seem to want to assimiliate .

Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Equality for illegal alien criminals? I wonder if Michelle is also advocating for equality for U.S. citizen identity thieves, document forgers, and welfare frauds. Is there anything politicians and their surrogates won’t do to garner votes?
Well, give the lady credit for at least being honest. She DID admit that the "journey" wasn't finished yet....and she DID admit that 'we' still had a lot of work to do...right? So if we all get together and let her know we're NOT going to 'finish' the journey...and NOT going to continue with that 'work'.....she really won't have TOO much of a 'comeback', I guess......

Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I like Obama find him smart but when it come's to this it contradict's what he want's to do. Which is why he is starting to lose my vote .

As far as health care for citizen's who do not have it -better public transportation - cheaper prescrition plans for elderly among other ideas he has .
If amnesty is given to million's its more than only 12 million .
12 mill is the low low estimate the census gives and a joke .

All his plan's he can kiss good-bye unless he can grow money on tree's .
You are right. Prior to the 1986 amnesty, it was estimated that 1.5 million illegal immigrants would be eligible. Over 3 million showed up when amnesty became available. I am sure the 12 million figure is a lowball estimate, too.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are right. Prior to the 1986 amnesty, it was estimated that 1.5 million illegal immigrants would be eligible. Over 3 million showed up when amnesty became available. I am sure the 12 million figure is a lowball estimate, too.

12 million is a joke it's what people are told.
I say 20 mill only because the Hispanic media said that 2 year's ago now they thought best to low ball it and go with 12 .

IMO even 20 is low balling it .
As you know most aren't going to fill out census reports . Think 12 mill did thus 12 mill seem's to be the number used.

Hispanic media is for most part pro illegal but recently began to low ball number's and imply low key might be best for now.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
As a black woman who was a very young child who had the privilege of actually marching alongside my grandma with Dr. King.

That is awesome JDubs. And I don't use that adjective much!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, give the lady credit for at least being honest. She DID admit that the "journey" wasn't finished yet....and she DID admit that 'we' still had a lot of work to do...right? So if we all get together and let her know we're NOT going to 'finish' the journey...and NOT going to continue with that 'work'.....she really won't have TOO much of a 'comeback', I guess......
-----------

Yes she was honest about it .

Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
The illegals already have free healthcare -- so is Mrs. Obama promising it to citizens, too?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
I wonder if she would be receiving a standing ovation from the Hispanic Caucus if she were promising amnesty and benefits for 12 million Norwegian illegal immigrants.....

Uh, yeah.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
In a nutshell. That's the sentence that registered radar on my richter scale. If McCain nominates Romney, I'll be heading in that direction. I refuse to allow this country to go down in flames without a long hard slog.
Ditto-----------this coming from a pissed of self described Old School Liberal-----------me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration