Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:15 PM

109 posts, read 210,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
What type of penalties do you think the government could apply to make sure that state and local governments abide by the law?
Ten thousand dollars per offence, after 5 offfences shut em down.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:16 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
This post is too positive. Seriously, though, I agree with punishing the employer. And the penalties must be big enough to hurt them.

I also think that we have to put the screws to the Mexican government to make them do something to bring jobs to their country and control crime and corruption.

Re: the wall- I agree with Carlos Mencia- if they deport all the illegal aliens, then who will build it?!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I also think that we have to put the screws to the Mexican government to make them do something to bring jobs to their country and control crime and corruption.
Well I do admit mexico has some beautiful landscapes like ruins, the ocean, although i do not want to live here, i think that if they would in turn allow much more tourism, and make it like that, it would sky rocket.

I wouldn't mind seeing the ancient Mayan ruins.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:22 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Ten thousand dollars per offence, after 5 offfences shut em down.
$10,000 per worker is already the penalty in California and it doesn't do a thing. The penalty needs to be more like $100,000 per worker per offense. That would put some meat into it.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Maybe even knock down from 5 strikes to 2.

You get caught once, here's the fine for this many.

You get caught again, you're going to prison son.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:48 PM

I am for what ever it takes.
I must say that I have compassion for illegals, however if they protested with the effort in their home country that they do here, they possibly could better the situation for their families and fellow country men.
As I have said, we cannot support the world, look at parts of Africa, talk about poverty.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
I am for what ever it takes.
I must say that I have compassion for illegals, however if they protested with the effort in their home country that they do here, they possibly could better the situation for their families and fellow country men.
As I have said, we cannot support the world, look at parts of Africa, talk about poverty.
I agree. A place is only as good as you want it to be, or try to make it.

Maybe incentives for companies that expand operations into parts of Mexico and hire in their own country, and invest into the community/country to make it better?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I completely agree on the double checking the SS#, not only your reason, but for the reason of Identity Theft these days.

Sorry I went off topic.

SS #'s can be checked by a company, they can also be checked to see if they are for a deceased person. A company really doesn't have an excuse by saying "we didn't know they were illegal". I can take a SS # and tell exactly the name that goes with it, or if that person is deceased or not.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Pro Excuses

Lets analize these excuses.

Racist: strange people from all races are aginst illegals, including latinos.

Doing the job Americans won't do, baloney, we all know better that that, just raise the wages and that one will fix its self.

Poverty Stricken: so what, I have proved a lot of countries have much worse poverty and are starving.

Now, give me the new excuse of the week, I am ready to hear it.

Oh Amnesty, if the illegals get it, every lawbreaker in our country should also, we can not discriminate, look at the dollars we can save on incarsaration.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:36 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
What about the companies that say they are trying to check for legal status but, the documents are hard for them to tell if these are real or fake? So, for some companies they know they are hiring illegals and for others if the papers look right then, how do they know if they are not?
I have a friend in the landscaping buisness and she runs across this all the time. With a little experience with the paper work she is learning but, like she says there's really know way to actullay know if the papers are real or fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration