Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:34 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times

Advertisements

NEWARK, N.J. - A state grand jury on Monday indicted six men being held for their alleged roles in an execution-style slaying that shocked New Jersey's largest city _ and the nation _ more than a year ago.

The suspects _ Rodolfo Godinez, 25; his 17-year-old brother, Alexander Alfaro; Jose Lachira Carranza, 29; Melvin Jovel, 19; Shahid Baskerville, 16; and Gerardo Gomez, 16 _ were all indicted on murder, attempted murder, robbery and weapons offenses related to the Aug. 4, 2007 killing.

The six men, who have reputed links to the MS-13 street gang, are accused of killing Iofemi Hightower, Terrance Aeriel and Dashon Harvey. The three were college students, and were hanging out behind the Mount Vernon School when they were killed.

Carranza and Baskerville are also charged with sexually assaulting a fourth victim who survived.

The Associated Press usually does not identify victims of rape and is no longer disclosing the woman's name because of the added sexual assault charges.

Essex County Prosecutor Paula Dow said the woman suffered memory lapses from her injuries and is currently in protective custody.

The killings shook Newark and spurred a series of reforms, including adding surveillance cameras in some areas of the city, to penalties for gun owners who fail to report lost or stolen weapons.

Dow said robbery and gang involvement were both elements of the case, but declined to say what police believe to be the primary motive. She also said illegal guns _ such as the one used in this crime _ continue to plauge Newark streets.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--schoolyardslaying0915sep15,0,7523044.story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
The Mayor of Newark had been turning a blind eye to growing illegal gang members and crime .

Only when this happens does he step up to the plate.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
You need to ensure that olecapt sees this post. For some reason he seems to believe MS-13 to be toothless in comparison to the aging Hell's Angels. I posted about 5-6 incidents of MS-13 savagery in the Obama hate speech thread.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
I still remember when this happened. Four young beautiful kids getting ready to head off to college. Because Newark NJ is a sanctuary city and NJ while not "officially" a sanctuary state certainly supports and aids and abets illegals in the action of the NJ government-3 of these kids are dead and one is emotionally and physically scarred. This is just disgusting.

Again if laws had been enforced and not IGNORED than these 4 beautiful kids would be back at college in Delaware now-being normal college kids and enjoying life-dating, studying, etc. Their blood is on the hands of the judges involved, the mayor of Newark, the govenor of NJ, the president of the USA and anyone else who aids, abets or makes apologies for lawbreakers who have no right to be here.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I still remember when this happened. Four young beautiful kids getting ready to head off to college. Because Newark NJ is a sanctuary city and NJ while not "officially" a sanctuary state certainly supports and aids and abets illegals in the action of the NJ government-3 of these kids are dead and one is emotionally and physically scarred. This is just disgusting.

Again if laws had been enforced and not IGNORED than these 4 beautiful kids would be back at college in Delaware now-being normal college kids and enjoying life-dating, studying, etc. Their blood is on the hands of the judges involved, the mayor of Newark, the govenor of NJ, the president of the USA and anyone else who aids, abets or makes apologies for lawbreakers who have no right to be here.

Agreed even more horrific:

Quote:
In the aftermath of the killings, the outcry over Carranza _ an illegal immigrant who was out on bail at the time of the murders despite facing separate assault and child rape charges _ led to a directive from the state Attorney General that revamped bail policies for illegal immigrants.
An illegal alien murderer, and child molester.

Quote:
Last month, the families of the victims filed a lawsuit against the Newark school district that claimed the Mount Vernon School failed to provide adequate security in a rear courtyard where the victims were killed.
Every single family being victimized by the negligence of our open borders and lack of enforcement should be allowed to sue the clowns in Washington as individual respondents.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:20 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
You need to ensure that olecapt sees this post. For some reason he seems to believe MS-13 to be toothless in comparison to the aging Hell's Angels. I posted about 5-6 incidents of MS-13 savagery in the Obama hate speech thread.
What you don't seem to understand is that ethnicity doesn't matter with gangs.
You made remarks that these Latinos gangs are so much worse than other gangs, but any gang has horrible incidents like this.

All gangs are plague, and no gang of any ethnicity is worse than the other.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

Honestly, this is the saddest illegal alien killing to me. 3 kids who survived Newark and doing something with their lives only to be gunned down by illegal aliens. So much potential lying six feet deep thanks to a sanctuary city and thugging illegals.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that ethnicity doesn't matter with gangs.
You made remarks that these Latinos gangs are so much worse than other gangs, but any gang has horrible incidents like this.

All gangs are plague, and no gang of any ethnicity is worse than the other.
What you don't seem to understand is that I don't give a big rat's a** about the ethnicity of any gang member. None of them are worth the molecules they require to remain cohesively bound biological organisms.

I'm well aware of the fact that gang violence reaches across ethnic lines, although using a bunch of aging motorcycle hippies whose last big hoo ha in California six years ago, killed three (gang members) and injured twelve, as an example, stretches credibility.

I stress the violence of MS-13 because if our government was doing its job, enforcing our laws, and protecting our border, then this discussion would be moot and we would be talking strictly about violent criminals of the homegrown variety--of which we have NO shortage.

This argument comes down to the same kettle of fish we always end up with. There are plenty of citizen criminals who become absolutely giddy with delight when offered the opportunity to inflict mayhem upon American society and her citizenry.

I have to wonder why there is this vehement objection to having this obvious and logical line of reasoning pointed out to you--there are enough dangerous people in this country legally who are willing and able to kill, maim, and mutilate American citizens. Yet you and others seem willing to overlook this tiny little fact just so that you can run around and point to the "obvious racism" which is hiding under every little rock in America. I mean, after all, why else would American citizens feel the least bit disconcerted or distressed over the fact that there are somewhere between 13,000 and 20,000 MS-13 members committing crimes across the U.S.? (Estimates vary because the darn gang members just don't seem to want to stand still long enough to be counted)

I am not the one who came up with the notion that MS-13 is the most violent gang in America today. Plenty of law enforcement agencies believe that they are and have no problems saying so. If you want to make ethnicity the biggest issue in the hornet's nest that is gang violence, then by all means--do so. But you're going to have to take your little cause far outside of this forum to do so.

http://www.policemag.com/Articles/2005/02/America-s-Most-Dangerous-Gang.aspx (broken link)

CityNews: MS-13 Primer: 'The Most Dangerous Gang' In North America

The Most Dangerous Gang in America - MS 13, Mara Salvatrucha

'MS-13' gang threatens nation's security - Rita Cosby Specials - MSNBC.com

http://www.newsweek.com/id/49255

Old 09-15-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Honestly, this is the saddest illegal alien killing to me. 3 kids who survived Newark and doing something with their lives only to be gunned down by illegal aliens. So much potential lying six feet deep thanks to a sanctuary city and thugging illegals.
Agreed. Yet the wonder why we want them out of our country. Far too many of them are savages of the worst kind.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that I don't give a big rat's a** about the ethnicity of any gang member. None of them are worth the molecules they require to remain cohesively bound biological organisms.

I'm well aware of the fact that gang violence reaches across ethnic lines, although using a bunch of aging motorcycle hippies whose last big hoo ha in California six years ago, killed three (gang members) and injured twelve, as an example, stretches credibility.

I stress the violence of MS-13 because if our government was doing its job, enforcing our laws, and protecting our border, then this discussion would be moot and we would be talking strictly about violent criminals of the homegrown variety--of which we have NO shortage.

This argument comes down to the same kettle of fish we always end up with. There are plenty of citizen criminals who become absolutely giddy with delight when offered the opportunity to inflict mayhem upon American society and her citizenry.

I have to wonder why there is this vehement objection to having this obvious and logical line of reasoning pointed out to you--there are enough dangerous people in this country legally who are willing and able to kill, maim, and mutilate American citizens. Yet you and others seem willing to overlook this tiny little fact just so that you can run around and point to the "obvious racism" which is hiding under every little rock in America. I mean, after all, why else would American citizens feel the least bit disconcerted or distressed over the fact that there are somewhere between 13,000 and 20,000 MS-13 members committing crimes across the U.S.? (Estimates vary because the darn gang members just don't seem to want to stand still long enough to be counted)

I am not the one who came up with the notion that MS-13 is the most violent gang in America today. Plenty of law enforcement agencies believe that they are and have no problems saying so. If you want to make ethnicity the biggest issue in the hornet's nest that is gang violence, then by all means--do so. But you're going to have to take your little cause far outside of this forum to do so.

http://www.policemag.com/Articles/2005/02/America-s-Most-Dangerous-Gang.aspx (broken link)

CityNews: MS-13 Primer: 'The Most Dangerous Gang' In North America

The Most Dangerous Gang in America - MS 13, Mara Salvatrucha

'MS-13' gang threatens nation's security - Rita Cosby Specials - MSNBC.com

THE MOST DANGEROUS GANG IN AMERICA | Newsweek News | Newsweek.com
Exactly and we are dealing with our own criminals. We have no need to import racist illegal alien savages. Those who defend them by comparing apples to oranges merely serve to confirm that not only are they racist but that they are firm believers that those of their race/ethnicity should be immune from criticism and accountability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration