Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good ideas, and I'd be willing to look at the results of your study. Meanwhile, I have an 'off the wall' suggestion...if there really IS such a thing as a "majority illegal city", then wouldn't the PEACEFUL residents be illegal, as well as the 'crooks'....and aren't illegal immigrants traditionally VERY hesitant to call the police, for obvious reasons? Isn't it possible, then, that "majority illegal cities" would have "majority illegal victims of crime", who would be reluctant to report on it, and thus these places may have lots of 'unreported crimes' in contrast to other places?

Ironically, this is the 'aim' of the much-maligned "Special Order 40"...an effort to assure 'undocumented' residents that they need not fear deportation, just because they need to call the police. Unfortunately, in the 'bone-headed' way of MANY well-meaning laws, Special Order 40 is apparently unable to differentiate between a peaceful resident REPORTING on a crime down the street, and a violent gang-banger DOING a crime down the street. NEITHER of these folks need fear deportation, just because they're here illegally. You protect the "bad" along with the "good"...and they wonder why the public looks at Special Order 40 with disdain.

Just a thought.
But I thought illegals preyed on innocent Americans? Are innocent Americans too scared to report crimes as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Hey dude, I'm waiting for YOU to 'look at the numbers'. You want to see what they say, YOU do the legwork. Until YOU'RE willing to invest some time and effort into REFUTING what's been posted, YOUR posts amount to nothing more than hot air and excuses.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Hey dude, I'm waiting for YOU to 'look at the numbers'. You want to see what they say, YOU do the legwork. Until YOU'RE willing to invest some time and effort into REFUTING what's been posted, YOUR posts amount to nothing more than hot air and excuses.
Who are you talking to? I notice you dont like to use the quote feature. Its helpful.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Who are you talking to? I notice you dont like to use the quote feature. Its helpful.
Sorry... I was talking to 'the one', who likes to post opinion and conjecture, demand research and sources, and then not do anything of the sort him/herself.

Of course, if you are in agreement with his posts you too can do the legwork necessary to back your arguments...

I could have sworn the quoting of 'look at the numbers' would have made my 'target' clear...

Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
The spike in crime during the time periods in the subject article was not from an invasion of illegal aliens but from the state taking in hundreds of thousands of new residents that evacuated during hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Jails and prisons were emptied and the cities, states did not keep track of where they went and they came here and invaded. That is the recent, violent crime increase in Texas during the time period shown in that article.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
The spike in crime during the time periods in the subject article was not from an invasion of illegal aliens but from the state taking in hundreds of thousands of new residents that evacuated during hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Jails and prisons were emptied and the cities, states did not keep track of where they went and they came here and invaded. That is the recent, violent crime increase in Texas during the time period shown in that article.
Katrina was THREE years ago, not LAST year! Try again, but use a calendar this time...

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-23-2008 at 05:24 AM..

Old 09-22-2008, 08:45 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Katrina was THREE years ago, not LAST year! Try again, but use a calendar this time...
Guy - move here and find out for yourself. Katrina residents have stayed and while most are hard working and productive - we got the lot of their criminals and gang members and that is pretty much any of the major cities in the state and the crime didn't happen just upon arrival - it happened as they dispersed across the state and continue to commit crimes. Before you roll eyes, you better check. You can pretty much ask anyone who lives here in Houston, Dallas or Austin about the recent spike the vast majority will agree. A woman was robbed last month and police officers told her that since we had the large migration in population that 7,000 gang members from that storm's new residents had been arrested in the years since and that they estimate 20,000 more are still on the streets. Yes we have a large Hispanic population but the large spike in crime was due to that mass migration. You have to remember that state was one of the highest crime rates in the nation and their police and judicial system was so incredibly corrupt that criminals were never prosecuted. They are here, as they are caught.

Not trying to argue or inflame - just pointing out the facts of this state, just as you are more qualified to point out the facts in your own state versus someone who is not from Arizona. In fact, even Atlanta, GA is still complaining about the increase in crime with their new residents from that storm.

Part of that is the fault of the city - took on more residents than it could financially handle and housed evacuees in overcrowded poor conditions. This is just one of many articles (and it is from this year).

http://texashousers.net/2008/07/21/h...um-apartments/

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-23-2008 at 05:24 AM..

Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Well, I just moved to Arizona from Atlanta in the last year, so I have a little knowledge of their situation, also. I've also been active on the boards from TV6 in Beaumont, Texas for the last few years, so I've got some knowledge of THAT area, as well.

While there has been a certain amount of criminal activity caused by those who were relocated from Katrina, the spike from it was evident within 6 months of their arrival. To blame ANOTHER spike on Katrina evacuees a full 3 years later seems to me a bit disingenuous. One would think that the criminals from Katrina would be in full swing by now, and any further increase would find it's cause coming from a different demographic.

At least that's what logic and critical thinking lead ME to believe...

Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya
I'm sure they are all here legally.

San Diego County Sheriff - 10 Most Wanted (http://www.sdsheriff.net/tmw/ - broken link)

Top Ten Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
hmmm as i count it, i see 19 out of the 20 that appear to be hispanic. no trends there?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
True story, I cant believe I didnt think to bring that up.
A lot of New Orleans' slums got destroyed sending a lot of low-income people into Houston and other areas.
I hear theres some conflict between the displaced New Orleans' thugs and the local thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration