Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It was deserved. It was in fact a good post.
My issue with cops.
1. Minmal requirements for firearm aptitute. In other words they spray and pray one bullet out of many will hit the intended target.
2. Too often the cop is little better than the thugs they hired to arrest. We need better quality control than Joe's uncle has been a cop for 20 years.
3. As you called out insufficient training for rookies. They need more extensive OJT before allowed to operate solo.
4. They are allowed to cover up for each other way to often. Rodney King got rich because cops felt confident they were above the law. The video tape only proved this all to well. Had they done a clean arrest King would have gotten exactly what he deserved. A fair trial, and what ever punishment the court decided.
As you stated.

Side note concerning Rodney King: one of the 4 'White' officers involved in the melee was actually a Latino---------Theodore Briseno. Interesting how the MSM played down that little piece of trivia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 12:44 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it was a peaceful demonstration till the rookie unorganized cops turned gestapo on the folks.
when officers use excessive force, and a court rules against them, there must be ramifications.
thats all it is.

anyhow go enjoy getting all bent out of shape about this. most of us aint worried about it. had the cops done their job the right way, we wouldnt be in this predicament.

LA cops (and those from surrounding depts like INGLEWOOD [where 3 unarmed innocent black and brown men were killed in as many months]) are notorious for excessive use of force. the depts has tried to train and retrain some of the cops, but there are just too many bad apples. too many hot heads.

i should know

Some of those police should have gone to jail. The money is a start for the pain and suffering but more needed to be done.
America and UN would condemn this and expect arrests of the police if it had taken place in another land yet here it was not punished with jail of those who beat people.

People who marched in Peace and were of no threat to the police or anyone at all. Even the news they tried to silence .

Old 11-23-2008, 01:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savimbi View Post
Some of those police should have gone to jail. The money is a start for the pain and suffering but more needed to be done.
America and UN would condemn this and expect arrests of the police if it had taken place in another land yet here it was not punished with jail of those who beat people.

People who marched in Peace and were of no threat to the police or anyone at all. Even the news they tried to silence .
I might have walked among them and farted but thats about all. I disagree with their protests and I disagree with the idea that illegals are not given a fair route to legalize their status. That does not give anyone the right to harm them. Least of all those who are paid to enforce our laws.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:46 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I might have walked among them and farted but thats about all. I disagree with their protests and I disagree with the idea that illegals are not given a fair route to legalize their status. That does not give anyone the right to harm them. Least of all those who are paid to enforce our laws.

I do not object to police using force when it is required. When marchers destroy property and or attack others .
I am no pacifist but this case the marches held signs and peacefully marched there was no need for the unprovoked attack.

I found the footage of this encounter very disturbing .
We has marchers in my area with signs recently screaming "end the federal bail out ,its a lie" .
Putting aside that I agree with them the police were being filmed by many just in case they over reacted .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration