Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:41 PM

1,589 posts, read 3,565,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While I agree that some American children are guilty of being lazy and aspire to becoming the next Beyonce or Paris Hilton, nonethe less, there are millions who are willing to pursue a college education but do not have the financial means and simply do not qualify for an abundance of scholarship money. Unlike many groups of illegal alien children they do not have access to the millions of our tax dollars that ethno centric groups such as LaRaza, LuLac, etc., are allocated on an annual basis.

College has become virtually unaffordable for the average American citizen. Then there are the treasonous politicians pushing for delusional ideals such as the DREAMAct which will grant in-state tuition to people (many who are not that bright I might add, see: DREAM Act Portal) who have no right to be in this country, yet if an American student wishes to go to school out of their state of residence they are slammed with out of state tuition costs.

Finally, the majority of foreign exchange students receive financial incentives to study in the US with a job guaranteed upon graduation. Just like American IT students many foreigners are educated in the US, yet according to Bill Gates, he needs an abundance of H1B Visas to fill jobs by foreign employees who coincidentally received the identical quality of education in the US as their American counterparts.

At the end of the day, America's children are finding themselves at a disadvantage due to a myriad of reasons. IMHO, greedy employers eyeing their bottom line, globalization and cheap labor are the top culprits.
Have you called/met w/ your congressman/person about this? Have you taken to the streets? Other than preaching to the choir? Are you taking action against this outrage? I only see La Raza hitting the streets. Where are the Americans? Oh, that's right, there's a ball game on the telly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 03:10 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,823,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavetoSay View Post
Have you called/met w/ your congressman/person about this? Have you taken to the streets? Other than preaching to the choir? Are you taking action against this outrage? I only see La Raza hitting the streets. Where are the Americans? Oh, that's right, there's a ball game on the telly.
AMEN, HavetoSay . . . RIGHT ON TARGET!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:20 PM

50,679 posts, read 47,527,244 times
My Company did it right and when it came time to cut the H Visas got the axe.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:30 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,442,054 times
Quote:
I've contacted the offices of both my senators Obama and Durbin on numerous occasions. I recently visited Dick Durbin armed with documentation and had an extensive conversation with him at his office in Springfield. I have stood on the streets of downtown Chicago during illegal alien rallies protesting during my lunch hour. I call, fax, email, early and often. All while maintaining a full time job and a household.

When our leaders in this fight pick a date and a time for all Americans to march, I'll be there with all the bells and whistles. I'm not preaching to the choir, I am doing my part in passing along information to my fellow choir members. Knowledge is power and it is a very important segment of this battle to reinstitute the sovereignty of America.

Simply because we aren't marching, make no mistake about it, the Americans you ASSume are sitting in front of the telly watching a ballgame or spending their days with nothing better to do than sitting at their computers are the very same Americans who are the reason amnesty and the DREAM Act remain nothing more than items on the wish list of illegal aliens and those who hire, aid and abet them.

That being said, beside playing inspector gadget and interrogating strangers on the computer, what have you accomplished that the rest of the world would consider worthwhile?

I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-06-2008 at 03:51 PM..

Old 12-06-2008, 03:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,620,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I've contacted the offices of both my senators Obama and Durbin on numerous occasions. I recently visited Dick Durbin armed with documentation and had an extensive conversation with him at his office in Springfield. I have stood on the streets of downtown Chicago during illegal alien rallies protesting during my lunch hour. I call, fax, email, early and often. All while maintaining a full time job and a household.

When our leaders in this fight pick a date and a time for all Americans to march, I'll be there with all the bells and whistles. I'm not preaching to the choir, I am doing my part in passing along information to my fellow choir members. Knowledge is power and it is a very important segment of this battle to reinstitute the sovereignty of America.

Simply because we aren't marching, make no mistake about it, the Americans you think are sitting in front of the telly watching a ballgame or spend their days with nothing better to do than sitting at their computers are the very same Americans who are the reason amnesty and the DREAM Act remain nothing more than items on the wish list of illegal aliens and those who hire, aid and abet them.

I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk.
Thank you for eloquently conveying my exact sentiments. Apparently there is a misconception among many who visit this forum that we are simply a group of faineant cyberspace whiners with nothing better to do than “bash” illegals. Most of us are quite active in our respective communities, and have written letters and made calls to members of Congress ad nauseam.

I too, will fight this invasion with every means at my disposal. For those who doubt the resolve of “our side” and question whether we will take to the streets; if they attempt another amnesty -- watch out!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you for eloquently conveying my exact sentiments. Apparently there is a misconception among many who visit this forum that we are simply a group of faineant cyberspace whiners with nothing better to do than “bash” illegals. Most of us are quite active in our respective communities, and have written letters and made calls to members of Congress ad nauseam.

I too, will fight this invasion with every means at my disposal. For those who doubt the resolve of “our side” and question whether we will take to the streets; if they attempt another amnesty -- watch out!
You are so welcome. I have no doubt that you like the rest of us who keep in touch and share information and conversation on various anti-illegal immigration sites daily, are fighting the good fight in every way that we can. For those who naively doubt it's true, all they have to do is look around at their illegal alien mothers, friends and other family members who despite the rhetoric of LaRaza lobbyist and the corporate elite, remain stuck "hiding in the shadows". So far we've done our job quite well haven't we?

Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,257,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

The economy may beat us to the punch............on top of those stupid illegal alien 'rights' marches 2 years ago this past May.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The economy may beat us to the punch............on top of those stupid illegal alien 'rights' marches 2 years ago this past May.
Agreed. Those marches remain at the top of the list of priceless stupidity that backfired.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:45 PM

50,679 posts, read 47,527,244 times
We shall prevail, thank you my fellow AMERICANS and MERRY XMAS!!!

I can still say that can't I? My tree looks awesome this year

Old 12-06-2008, 06:14 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,939,796 times
Quote:
Right you are!!! I am afraid that most Americans are far too busy drinking their beers and watching their sports' games. It is sickening while they fritter their lives away, they watch as their country is being invaded and torn apart by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration