Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,618,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We shall prevail, thank you my fellow AMERICANS and MERRY XMAS!!!

I can still say that can't I? My tree looks awesome this year
Merry Christmas to you! I say it, and I don't care who doesn't like it. Thanks to my mom, I have to decorate 2 trees each year. She started a tradition with my son’s first Christmas. He has to have his own 6 ft tree each year. Grandparents. . . . you’ve gotta love ‘em.

BTW, he'll be 17 in a couple of months.

Last edited by Benicar; 12-06-2008 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 06:42 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,440,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We shall prevail, thank you my fellow AMERICANS and MERRY XMAS!!!

I can still say that can't I? My tree looks awesome this year
Merry Christmas fellow American Patriot!

Old 12-06-2008, 06:56 PM

1,589 posts, read 3,564,853 times
I'm sorry if I was tough on you -- I've seen various posts from you and others in this forum and it sounds like a lot of hot air with no action. It seems like the same old suspects respond to the posts in these threads as well, so that's what I mean by preaching to the choir. Good luck in your cause, you're going to need it -- especially getting people to take action given all their daily distractions.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:15 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,440,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavetoSay View Post
I'm sorry if I was tough on you -- I've seen various posts from you and others in this forum and it sounds like a lot of hot air with no action. It seems like the same old suspects respond to the posts in these threads as well, so that's what I mean by preaching to the choir. Good luck in your cause, you're going to need it -- especially getting people to take action given all their daily distractions.
Thank you and apology accepted. I am also aware that it is an uphill battle but there are far more people active in this fight than many are aware of. I've been attacked on many occasions simply because I am a regular poster on this forum. Another one of the members on this board was attacked by a gang of illegal aliens as she attempted to make her way through a crowd during one of their numerous marches demanding amnesty.

Many on our side of this issue prefer to remain anonymous and understandably so. That being said invisibility does not equal inactivity. There is a lot going on behind the scenes in addition to getting the word out on message boards.

The majority on the other side of this issue are here illegally. They are also hostile, violent criminals who possess multiple identities that cannot be easily verified. It is easy for them to assault and victimize Americans and run back across the border to escape prosecution.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-06-2008 at 08:46 PM..

Old 12-07-2008, 01:59 AM

956 posts, read 3,009,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavetoSay View Post
There are not enough US-born engineers, medical professionals, etc. to fill these highly skilled jobs -- I have personal knowledge of this.
No, you do not. Stop spreading this bad information. There is a SHORTAGE of engineering jobs for U.S. citizens. There have been senior engineers who have taken mcjobs such as serving coffee at Starbucks, selling Tupperware fulltime, etc.

I do not know what your motivation is for posting false information on this forum, perhaps you're here on an H-1B visa or you're an employer trying to save as much money as you can by exploiting indentured servitude, but you're not going to get away with posting false information on this forum without getting challenged on it.

Try again.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,960,667 times
i don't understand the way that our economy is currently being run. we are exacerbating our own economic problems with this incredible spending spree planned without closing the borders. mexico's cantarell fields are declining and we are going to be offering this huge job stimulus which will certainly encourage people to cross the border and get those jobs. our government has been encouraging illegal immigrants and continues to encourage illegal immigrants. there should be no job / fiscal stimulus package until we can be sure that it will be american workers that benefit from it. otherwise, the taxpayers will also be funding illegal immigration.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,743,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently they won't be satisfied until there are no jobs left for the middle-class. This is beyond treasonous.
We won't gain our economic advantage back until the middle class is eliminated for a larger working poor class. We will never compete with the world having a middle class that expects to much.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:00 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,250,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
We won't gain our economic advantage back until the middle class is eliminated for a larger working poor class. We will never compete with the world having a middle class that expects to much.
Following your line of logic: the upper class needs to be impoverished as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration