Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:05 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
=Alex Libman;6715000]Let me get this straight, the government bused up an economically successful business operation in Postville, ruined that town's economy, destroyed thousands of lives, and yet you're not blaming the government but the workers... wow!
It's obvious your knowlege on illegal immigration is poorly lacking.
Find out what went on and the reasons behind it before you start your assumptions

Quote:
And in Nazi Germany, Jews broke the law by being Jews. Laws are passed by demagogue politicians, they hold no rational validity. Some pragmatic arguments for securing the border can be made, but we're talking about people with jobs here. Anyone who can find a job should be allowed to stay.
Irrelevant to this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 06:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
A fair wage & benefits are determined by the natural laws of supply and demand, not dictated by Generalissimo el Kele. Slavery is when you're forced to do something against your will (like pay taxes or social security), while employment is a voluntary agreement between individuals. Why do you think migrant workers come here?

Even $2 an hour is better than $1 an hour or nothing at all. It gives people an opportunity to work their way up, and you're trying to take that away so that some lazy spoiled American could make more money that s\he doesn't competitively earn.

Please try to understand that wealth doesn't just fall from the sky because you want it to, it is CREATED through productivity. By using government force to give some workers more, you are taking away from others, and decreasing the productivity of the economy as a whole. Lower economic growth harms everyone, and it keeps poor people poor.
Please try to understand (which I know is difficult as the view from the Ivory Tower is somewhat clouded) that American workers are just as productive if not more so than those here illegally.

With an unemployment role of 10.3 million Americans--a figure which is on the rise, I'm sure that there a millions of Americans that would jump at the chance to, as you say, "work their way up." Unfortunately for them, with pesky little responsibilities like house payments, children, taxes, car payments, insurance, etc., they can't afford to take a job that pays less than their daughter makes babysitting the neighbor kids.

I'll bet that you're NOT one of those folks working for slave wages, looking for the opportunity to some day "work your way up" to minimum wage, are ya there, Alex?

By the way, don't freaking patronize me. I have a college degree and am currently working on my graduate degree. I'm not an idiot and I am well aware of how the economy works. Unfortunately for you and your indentured servant loving compatriots though, our falling economy is driving all of your slave labor southward.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times
Quote:
Great, another thread calling people who didn't kiss some bureaucrats' butts and pay them thousands of dollars "Illegals"...

What's next, "Untermensch"?

Funny you should ask whats next?? Well here you go......
YouTube - Illegal Aliens VS Predator

Trenton, NJ Can't be that bad!!

Last edited by John From Scranton; 12-26-2008 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 12-26-2008, 07:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
"Forcing"? "Victimizing"? "Unfair"?

C'mon, are you a real person or some communist caricature?

People who do a job better / at a better value should have that job. Period.
That would be true if the line were as black and white as you make it.
For example if it were legal citizens competeing for a job then you would be correct.
Your analogy is flawed.
You wreck your car. I have an excellent body shop. But, we use stolen parts for our repairs. Should I get the work anyway? I can do it cheaper and the work is as good or better. What say you?
I contest that illegals do better work. In fact I will say in many cases it is sub par. Just cheaper.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight, the government busted up an economically successful business operation in Postville, ruined that town's economy, destroyed thousands of lives, and yet you're not blaming the government but the workers... wow!

And in Nazi Germany, Jews broke the law by being Jews. Laws are passed by demagogue politicians, they hold no rational validity. Passing a law that proclaims that 2 + 2 equals 5 (if you're a Republican, 3 if you're a Democrat) doesn't make it so! Some pragmatic arguments for securing the border can be made, but we're talking about people with jobs here. Anyone who can find a job should be allowed to stay.
No the owners/ employers of those plants destroyed the towns economy by employing illegals instead of legal citizens or valid green card holders.
The gov did what its supposed to enforce a law thats meant to protect Americans from such practices.
The illegals in question? When you live a life of crime you can only expect the hammer to fall eventually.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:49 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
Quote:
"Forcing"? "Victimizing"? "Unfair"?

C'mon, are you a real person or some communist caricature?

People who do a job better / at a better value should have that job. Period.
Are you against living wages. Or should we just import tens of millions of desperate immigrants willing to work for slave wages. We can start with your job first.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:04 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high springs gator View Post
are you against living wages. Or should we just import tens of millions of desperate immigrants willing to work for slave wages. we can start with your job first.
Very good post!! LOL..

Old 12-26-2008, 08:10 PM

50,312 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
A fair wage & benefits are determined by the natural laws of supply and demand, not dictated by Generalissimo el Kele. Slavery is when you're forced to do something against your will (like pay taxes or social security), while employment is a voluntary agreement between individuals. Why do you think migrant workers come here?

Even $2 an hour is better than $1 an hour or nothing at all. It gives people an opportunity to work their way up, and you're trying to take that away so that some lazy spoiled American could make more money that s\he doesn't competitively earn.

Please try to understand that wealth doesn't just fall from the sky because you want it to, it is CREATED through productivity. By using government force to give some workers more, you are taking away from others, and decreasing the productivity of the economy as a whole. Lower economic growth harms everyone, and it keeps poor people poor.

U know if it was only jobs it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It is the raping of tax payer funded social services by those same people you proudly champion. Even if they can't find work they are still better off than before simply because of the resources available. Personally, I'm sick of funding it. I didn't vote for any Federal law requiring me to adopt an Illegal alien. If you want to be my guest.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:29 PM

136 posts, read 292,353 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight, the government busted up an economically successful business operation in Postville, ruined that town's economy, destroyed thousands of lives, and yet you're not blaming the government but the workers... wow!
Didn't the plant owners do it to themselves? They intentionally hired workers with false IDs which is a CRIME. That's right, using false IDs to gain employment is a crime, in case you didn't know.

And no, hiring illegals instead of Americans or work visa holders is NOT legal. It's also a crime and unpatriotic.

Quote:
And in Nazi Germany, Jews broke the law by being Jews. Laws are passed by demagogue politicians, they hold no rational validity. Passing a law that proclaims that 2 + 2 equals 5 (if you're a Republican, 3 if you're a Democrat) doesn't make it so! Some pragmatic arguments for securing the border can be made, but we're talking about people with jobs here. Anyone who can find a job should be allowed to stay.
No one is being arrested or prosecuted for their ethnicity or race.

Illegals are being arrested for entering the country illegally or overstaying their visas. Both of which are, in case you still don't know, CRIMES.

Examples of crimes:
- Stealing
- Entering a country illegally
- Entering a country illegally to find work
- Using false IDs to gain employment
- Not paying taxes

What isn't a crime:
- Being of a certain ethnicity, gender, religion, etc.

Do any of the above points need clarification, Alex Libman?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:

You get this straight:

The lack of reasonable government regulations is anarchy.

I am a firm believer of progressive taxation as well----------otherwise; a small minority of the people will have most of the assets. Mexico comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration