Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM

200 posts, read 349,794 times

Advertisements

U.S. Born Children of Undocumented Parents Sue Obama - NAM

U.S. Born Children of Undocumented Parents Sue Obama

MIAMI -- The lawyers for over 600 American born children filed a lawsuit against President Obama to suspend the deportation of their undocumented parents until there is immigration law reform.

She also explained that filing this law suit is not because she or these children are against him, but to use his authority and urge him to issue an executive order to stop the deportations, and adopt new immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
U.S. Born Children of Undocumented Parents Sue Obama - NAM

U.S. Born Children of Undocumented Parents Sue Obama

MIAMI -- The lawyers for over 600 American born children filed a lawsuit against President Obama to suspend the deportation of their undocumented parents until there is immigration law reform.

She also explained that filing this law suit is not because she or these children are against him, but to use his authority and urge him to issue an executive order to stop the deportations, and adopt new immigration laws.
Interesting.

Let that serve as a warning that our Prez ain't so illegal alien 'friendly' as first thought

Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
[quote=Vlad-The-Impaler;7231309][url="http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_She also explained that filing this law suit is not because she or these children are against him, but to use his authority and urge him to issue an executive order to stop the deportations, and adopt new immigration laws.[/QUOTE]

I hope President Obama is able to see through the natural 'rancor' of a lawsuit and to understand how much these litigants "like" him. Several years ago, I was sued by my nephew....not because he was "against" me, but to help me "see things his way".

$70,000 dollars in legal fees later, I won the suit....and he hasn't spoken to me since. Hope Obama gets off easier than I did. It's not always easy being sued by those who 'love and respect' you....

Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
So they want there to be exceptions....mainly for themselves. Talk about entitlement! My parents are criminals but they deserve citizenship? And they will sue the POTUS to get their way?

If ever there was a reason to stop birth right citizenship when the parents are not citizens (and most especially when they are here illegally) this would be it.

*******s.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:25 PM

200 posts, read 349,794 times
In my opinion, the legal citizens of the United States should sue for discrimination and unfairness. That he's allowing the illegal aliens to break the local, state and federal laws without penalties or punishment. The American people do not have the privilege of breaking the laws or not paying taxes. It's a gross injustice and oversight to knowingly allow the illegal aliens to continue to break the laws without consequences.The illegal alien's children have a lot of nerve to sue our country when we have fed them, housed them, educated them and provided them with proper medical care. I think it's time to end Birthright Citizenship then we won't have this problem.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So they want there to be exceptions....mainly for themselves. Talk about entitlement! My parents are criminals but they deserve citizenship? And they will sue the POTUS to get their way?

If ever there was a reason to stop birth right citizenship when the parents are not citizens (and most especially when they are here illegally) this would be it.

*******s.
It DOES sort of stretch the meaning of our tradition of 'welcoming' immigrants, doesn't it?....sort of like "thanks for letting me sneak in for dinner, even though I wasn't invited. That was nice of you....SO... now that THAT'S been said, where do I sleep, where do I put my 'things', and what's for breakfast tomorrow ?..Oh, and one more thing...what's the address here, in case my friends want to drop by next week ? (by the way, next time you go grocery shopping, pick me up some Budweiser)"....

I mean, it's OK to be 'nice' to people....but THIS is RIDICULOUS !!!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:55 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
I hope President Obama is able to see through the natural 'rancor' of a lawsuit and to understand how much these litigants "like" him. Several years ago, I was sued by my nephew....not because he was "against" me, but to help me "see things his way".
that doesnt mean just cause someone wants you to see something their way mean they are correct they can still be very wrong/incorrect

Old 01-29-2009, 04:40 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

*******s.
Agreed. Here's hoping they tick Obama off and he orders all of their sorry. worthless, codependent butts to be deported. They can take their tax draining, arrogant "citizens by default" aka anchors with them.

Two ILLEGAL ALIENS can not procreate an American citizen. It's way past time to eliminate the 14th Amendment.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-29-2009 at 04:53 PM..

Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
This is absolute BS! If they want to sue someone, perhaps they should sue their parents. Their parents chose to live in this country illegally, and they chose to subject their children to their illegal lifestyle and eventual deportation. There are millions of US-born children of legal parents who are incarcerated. Why? Because they broke the law.

I hope this lawsuit exposes, and leads to the swift deportation of all of the parents of these ingrates.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:03 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is absolute BS! If they want to sue someone, perhaps they should sue their parents. Their parents chose to live in this country illegally, and they chose to subject their children to their illegal lifestyle and eventual deportation. There are millions of US-born children of legal parents who are incarcerated. Why? Because they broke the law.

I hope this lawsuit exposes, and leads to the swift deportation of all of the parents of these ingrates.
I have nothing to add except: Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration