U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 AM
 
485 posts, read 903,396 times
Reputation: 100

Advertisements

the cocasions are now the minority in this country,so if we are not carefull there are some people that would like to turn this country into mexico,it kinda makes me wonder who the racist are,but there is good and bad in all!but when you come to a country you can't expect to get your foot in the door then change it to fit there needs,it is obvious that its not land they are after it the jobs,because if not mexico seems to fit a lot of there needs other than the job market!once again just my opinion,no offence to to no race but since we are on the topic i think i may as well be honest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
 
485 posts, read 903,396 times
Reputation: 100
Default i think its time to stop drinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
This guy sounds like a La Raza spokesman...
I ll go back to England if he returns Mexico to the Aztecs,Mayans,etc
I am not a thief but if someone could tell me how to steal a country,hmmm i might just snatch one or two? or even steal a couple of acres on the las vegas strip would even work!but a guess that isnt going to happen in the real world,that was funny i must have over looked it,thanks lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
 
1,759 posts, read 1,696,885 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
the cocasions are now the minority in this country,
Huh?

Caucasians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Quote:
the cocasions are now the minority in this country
,so if we are not carefull there are some people that would like to turn this country into mexico,it kinda makes me wonder who the racist are,but there is good and bad in all!but when you come to a country you can't expect to get your foot in the door then change it to fit there needs,it is obvious that its not land they are after it the jobs,because if not mexico seems to fit a lot of there needs other than the job market!once again just my opinion,no offence to to no race but since we are on the topic i think i may as well be honest!
Let's see some stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
 
3 posts, read 1,754 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Univision, Posted: Mar 04, 2009
MIAMI — In an editorial for Univision online, anchor Jorge Ramos Avalos, calls on Barack Obama to stop the immigration raids. The editorial says that while Obama has other priorities, “a simple signature can stop all immigration raids against people who are not criminals, terrorists or a threat to the United States.” Avalos also emphasizes the situation families face when they are separated. “There is nothing more brutal than when a family is separated. The new government of Barack Obama cannot engage in using taxpayers' money to separate families of workers who are helping the U.S.” Avalos calls on Obama not to do more damage because, “That is what we expect when millions of Hispanics voted for Obama and now is the time to meet it.”
True, Hispanics wanted deportations to stop, but that wasn't as high on their list of priorities as Obamacare and other big-government programs and handouts. McCain's record on immigration was more pro-illegal than Obama's, but they chose Obama instead because Hispanics are extremely liberal and wanted more government in their lives.

It's funny to watch Jorge Ramos and others angry now that Obama has proven to be the anti-immigration president that he campaigned as. Obama voted for the border wall and promised to make illegals "go home". Did Ramos think Obama was joking? Is Ramos so naďve as to think that Obama was going to put illegals' interests ahead of labor unions?

Hispanics will always vote for a Democrat no matter what. They've supported every Democrat presidential candidate since stats have been recorded. In fact, Obama's approval rating with Hispanics is over 70% despite having deported more immigrants than any president in our lifetime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalista_HB View Post
True, Hispanics wanted deportations to stop, but that wasn't as high on their list of priorities as Obamacare and other big-government programs and handouts. McCain's record on immigration was more pro-illegal than Obama's, but they chose Obama instead because Hispanics are extremely liberal and wanted more government in their lives.

It's funny to watch Jorge Ramos and others angry now that Obama has proven to be the anti-immigration president that he campaigned as. Obama voted for the border wall and promised to make illegals "go home". Did Ramos think Obama was joking? Is Ramos so naďve as to think that Obama was going to put illegals' interests ahead of labor unions?

Hispanics will always vote for a Democrat no matter what. They've supported every Democrat presidential candidate since stats have been recorded. In fact, Obama's approval rating with Hispanics is over 70% despite having deported more immigrants than any president in our lifetime!
Why would you say that Obama is anti-"immigration"? I don't know of any American that is anti-"immigration". However, most Americans are anti-illegal immigration. Obama has not deported "immigrants" either. He has deported illegal aliens. For credibility one needs to decipher between legal immigrants and illegal aliens.

You are correct though, most Hispanics are Democrats and for the reasons you stated. They also like the promise of amnesty by Obama even though he hasn't come through with it yet and he never will. In a democratically controlled congress he didn't get it done and now that the Republicans control the house his chances are zero to none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
 
1,759 posts, read 1,696,885 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They also like the promise of amnesty by Obama even though he hasn't come through with it yet and he never will. In a democratically controlled congress he didn't get it done and now that the Republicans control the house his chances are zero to none.
The Great Republican President, Ronald Reagan (whom I adore except for a few choice things, such as the Iran-Contra bit and the following bit) granted the amnesty of 1986.

Thanks a lot, Ronnie (God rest your soul).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
The Great Republican President, Ronald Reagan (whom I adore except for a few choice things, such as the Iran-Contra bit and the following bit) granted the amnesty of 1986.

Thanks a lot, Ronnie (God rest your soul).
Yes, however he regretted it later. He is probably rolling in his grave knowing what a mistake he made and how it just encouraged quaduple the number of illegals to come here with the amnesty he signed. Of course fat, drunk Teddy said our borders would be secured and that it wouldn't change the natural demographics of this country. Yeah, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
[quote=chicagonut;19180400]Yes, however he regretted it later. He is probably rolling in his grave knowing what a mistake he made and how it just encouraged quaduple the number of illegals to come here with the amnesty he signed.
Quote:
Of course fat, drunk Teddy said our borders would be secured and that it wouldn't change the natural demographics of this country. Yeah, right. [/
QUOTE]

He forgot to say "In his lifetime".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2011, 12:59 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
What a suprise, Mexicans standing up for Mexicans! Maybe instead of trying to change OUR government, these Mexicans should try to fix their own.


I agree with you so much. Surprise Surprise, i truly do not think that Mexicans care to fix their own Government, they rather wreck havoc in ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top