Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, it will be -- 3 strikes you’re out.

Quote:
Boston, Ma. – Zeituni Onyango, aunt of President Obama and illegal immigrant from Kenya, is scheduled for a deportation hearing on April 1. Since being ordered deported in 2004, Onyango has resided in the U.S. illegally; living five years in Boston's taxpayer-funded public housing. This will be the third effort by the 56 year-old to avoid deportation. Onyango came to the U.S. in 2002, seeking political asylum from the violence in Kenya.
Baltimore Republican Examiner: Deportation hearing for Obama's illegal immigrant aunt set for April 1st
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What will her situation be if she's heading back to Kenya? If she's claimed political asylum, what's the truth to that?

How will the fame of her nephew Obama affect her in Kenya?
Would she be in danger?

These aren't black and white issues. I hope the hearing takes that into consideration.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
In this case she would be a hero. Kenya is very proud of Obama -- and Obamas relatives are now local celebrities.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
In this case she would be a hero. Kenya is very proud of Obama -- and Obamas relatives are now local celebrities.
True. She may even receive free housing there. She should not receive preferential treatment simply because she is Obama’s aunt. She was already ordered deported TWICE. Enough is enough.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True. She may even receive free housing there. She should not receive preferential treatment simply because she is Obama’s aunt. She was already ordered deported TWICE. Enough is enough.
Absolutely. I still wonder, though who gave her advice about evading deportation and how to get public housing even though she is illegal.

Sounds like something a 'community activist' would know how to do, doesn't it?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. I still wonder, though who gave her advice about evading deportation and how to get public housing even though she is illegal.

Ya think?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:02 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:

But....don't only Latinos do that kind of thing..?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:12 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You play the race card in almost every single one of your posts that I have read. Are you so insecure about your race that you have to blame others for all your problems? Then again I am very new to this forum so I haven't seen too many of your posts.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
You play the race card in almost every single one of your posts that I have read. Are you so insecure about your race that you have to blame others for all your problems? Then again I am very new to this forum so I haven't seen too many of your posts.

Agreed. For those on the side of the illegal alien supporter coin, there's a consistent theme of said racial inferiority complex on a daily basis. Playing the race card is like any other card game. When all you have is one trump card, even though you know it's a loser, all you can do is keep playing it.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
When have I said that? When have I inferred that? Link up or shut up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration