Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Tougher immigration laws in Colorado has crops rotting in the fields as farmers can't find workers. The campesinos -- legal or not -- of harvesting-seasons past aren't returning to Colorado for fear of harassment by authorities. Colorado is now floating a plan to use prison labor to harvest crops. You go, Colorado! Sincerely hope it won't be a mess for you as you convert convenience-store robbers, sexual predators, car jackers and gang members (IOW, the lazy, disturbed, violent and insolent) to do stoop labor in the fields at the barrel of a prison-guard's gun. Good luck!
It's called the CHAIN GANG!! They should get out and help put back into society rather then, sit around pumping iron and selling drugs from within!! GO COLORADO!!! The rest of the states need to step forward and use more prisoners for community service!! If you don't want to do the TIME THEN DON"T DO THE CRIME!!! Good ole' Barretta!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 09:31 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
It's called the CHAIN GANG!! They should get out and help put back into society rather then, sit around pumping iron and selling drugs from within!! GO COLORADO!!! The rest of the states need to step forward and use more prisoners for community service!! If you don't want to do the TIME THEN DON"T DO THE CRIME!!! Good ole' Barretta!!
You and I agree on this 100%!!! I am moving to Colorado in a few months, glad to live in a state that is doing something!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You and I agree on this 100%!!! I am moving to Colorado in a few months, glad to live in a state that is doing something!!!
May not agree on religion but, we could fix the illegal problems if they would just let us have control!!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
May not agree on religion but, we could fix the illegal problems if they would just let us have control!!
it isnt that i dont agree, more that I dont know. I did have a question for you on the other forum. And yes we would have a fied day with this issue!!!!!!!!!

Sorry off Topic!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,076,644 times
Default The government should not make me hire prisoners

Quote:
Community service, yes, I agree. Sweeping highways, fixing parks, clearing brush from public lands -- all in the public domain and completely fair game. But don't shove this onto the private sector by way of government mandates. Farming is a private, for-profit industry, not community service.

Name ONE private industry that would willingly allow prisoners into its establishment. I'm a sole proprietor. Not long ago I refused the cable company access to my office because one worker struck me as a gang-banger -- bald, tattoos, cocky attitude, boom-boom music blaring. This guy only looked like a convict, but on the spot I made an excuse to cancel the service appointment. I suspect that as private businesses, the farm industry's feelings are not too removed from mine. Send me honest, skilled workers -- who I screen -- not a government directive that I MUST use prisoners with armed guards. Forget it! As a private business, I'll fight this with every avenue available to me, and don't be surprised if the farmers of Colorado do the same.

One solution might be for the government to go into farming. Make it a public farm where the government can put society's dregs and losers to work, such as California's Honor Rancho, north of LA. I, for one, would not buy any food produced in such a place, but I support the effort to reform prisoners. Absolutely!

Last edited by Winston Smith; 03-30-2007 at 10:44 AM..

Old 03-30-2007, 11:05 AM

Illegals are criminals as well. With no regards for OUR laws here in the US. many commited crimes back home as well.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,672 times
Wink Justice Prevails

Quote:
Illegals are criminals as well. With no regards for OUR laws here in the US. many commited crimes back home as well.
You should probably drop the s on laws, since illegally crossing the border is one law. The rest of the "law breaking" is an unintentional domino effect from the first law of illegal trespassing into the United States. A good thing to mention as well is the fact that many are trying to sufficiently provide for them and their family's, which heavily lowers the standard that they are commiting a horrifying and disturbing crime against others and this nation.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You should probably drop the s on laws, since illegally crossing the border is one law. The rest of the "law breaking" is an unintentional domino effect from the first law of illegal trespassing into the United States. A good thing to mention as well is the fact that many are trying to sufficiently provide for them and their family's, which heavily lowers the standard that they are commiting a horrifying and disturbing crime against others and this nation.
Nope sure doesnt, they only care for theirs and themselves. They commit many law breaking acts, with complete disregard so dont even go theirwith the unintentional crap, they are not stupid they know exactly what they are doing as my brother did. My brother went to prison trying to take care of himself and his family. He did the crime, now he is paying for it.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,076,644 times
Quote:
... many commited crimes back home as well.
But to be fair, many did not... I just wish we could get to the human side of the issue first, and the policy side of it second, as the U.S. Constitution tries to do.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:54 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,103 times
The human side? We have hospitals closing down and nurses getting laid off because of this problem. The problem is tangible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration