Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:52 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,987,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluagal View Post
We moved to Kingsport from a town in Illinois that was 65% Hispanic...I could no longer read the signs in the stores. Now we may be moving to Nashville and am looking for areas that English is the primary language and that there isn't a taco stand on every corner
Talk to yer local Klan groop........
I wuz worriet about living around lesser, criminally pigmented
minoritiez too, and they directs me to Vermont...a little kountry
I never even heared of befor. They shore wuz frendly !

Now ifs I could juz find a way to git em outta my Tv set too........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 03:01 PM

30,420 posts, read 52,052,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Talk to yer local Klan groop........
I wuz worriet about living around lesser, criminally pigmented
minoritiez too, and they directs me to Vermont...a little kountry
I never even heared of befor. They shore wuz frendly !

Now ifs I could juz find a way to git em outta my Tv set too........
Oh, but you can play "count the brown people" on TV, like that one poster does - who was that again??? I think it was RedWingsFan, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:23 AM

398 posts, read 1,411,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I prefer to call the Illegal Hispanic residents Latino, it sounds sexy.
I prefer the real universal name. Illegal criminal aliens.

I don't care about the race, color, religion, country of origin, as long as everybody speak the same language, everybody cry, bleed and die for the same flag. As long as we all have the same way of thinking, united we plan for the future, for our prosperity as one single society, everything is fine. In other words, that is patriotism. I AM an immigrant. I personally prefer English, I would die 20 times for the American flag and I would defend this land until my last drop of blood. I chose The United States of America out of hundreds of countries around the world because through a logic process of critical thinking I determined that thanks to its people, this is the most wonderful nation in the world. A system created by its people for the people. Under common ideas, different backgrounds, united under one single flag. That how they did it, that's how they do it, and guess what, that's how I would do it because that's how I was raised.

People will always fight for different cultures, races, languages, because they are different. In this case, if we are immigrants, we MUST adopt the American culture because they were here first. Not only as a sign of respect, but because every immigrant must be conscious that assimilating 100% as Americans, is the only way to keep this nation being the most powerful in the world. Those different backgrounds must make us stronger, not weak. Americans already have opened the ways for that, now is responsibility of each immigrant to respond in the same way and melt into this nation. Do not create a sub-country inside the country. That is not diversity.

American people have ALL THE RIGHT IN THIS WORLD to be more than mad when they see their towns and cities change and die. When they see different attitudes and cultures around them. That's why we have these posts, that's why we see discrimination. It is their way to keep and preserve what belong to them, and I understand them because I would feel and act exactly the same way.

Let's imagine this. Let's suppose that a big city in the middle of Colorado has been overpopulated by martian immigrants since 50 years ago. When you go there, seems like a different world. They already have air highways with anti-gravitational systems, automated robotic security, free medicine for their citizens sustained by robotic technology. A downtown 20 miles wide by 20 miles long with 200 stories sky scrappers. Other characteristics, everything is in English, there are American Flags everywhere, they like country music, they built a speedway twice the size of Talladega and even though their heritage is martian, they melted it into the American culture just like Germans, Irish, Italians and many other did it before, so they have delicious American food with different seasonings, spices, different drinks, etc. They admire and welcome with passion each American citizen who visit the area.

Now how Americans would feel about Martian immigrants? even if some of them were illegal? what posts or comments we would see about Martians? wouldn't be nice for some towns to have some Martian immigrants so we can fix little deficiencies? How so many American companies would grow and generate thousands of jobs adopting the technology created by Martian immigrants? how the whole nation would grow implementing new systems developed by Martian-Americans? crime rate would go to almost zero everywhere thanks to technological systems that we cannot even imagine developed by Martian-Americans working in conjunction with the federal Government. And for the surprise of everybody, they call themselves just Americans, not Martian-Americans.

Common people. Let's make this nation stronger and better based in what it has been for centuries. And I'm not talking to Americans. I'm talking to immigrants like me. It is in our best interests and responsibility. Having the honor to immigrate here was enough gift from Americans. Now is our turn to return the favor.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I prefer the real universal name. Illegal criminal aliens.
I'll repeat, the original poster didn't say anything about illegal immigration... or even about immigrants, for that matter. But once again, many of you have proven that you equate "Hispanic" with "illegal" automatically. And actually, this makes the original post even more disturbing, since they clearly just have a problem with those of Hispanic/Latino descent - regardless of how, when or IF they immigrated.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:02 PM

P.S. I don't wanna hear that old answer "but the fact is that most immigrants are Hispanic right now"... it's like saying that most "gangsta rappers" are Black, so it's okay to generalize or dislike all Black people based on their actions. Sorry, but that just doesn't fly with me.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,091,230 times
Quote:
I'm glad that my post has made so many of you feel warm, fuzzy, and politically correct. But until you have lived in a town of 100,00 that has had one hospital close, and the other on the verge of bankruptcy. churches moving out, school scores in the dumper, and property values plummeting, please don't lecture me.
Churches moving out?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 PM

398 posts, read 1,411,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. I don't wanna hear that old answer "but the fact is that most immigrants are Hispanic right now"... it's like saying that most "gangsta rappers" are Black, so it's okay to generalize or dislike all Black people based on their actions. Sorry, but that just doesn't fly with me.

I agree with you. But, for that same reason, those good legal Hispanic immigrants MUST stand straight for what is right and do not tolerate illegal immigration. We all know that is an international crime that MUST be prosecuted and not because they are coming from the same culture must be supported. That is wrong. The law is the law. If legal Hipanics don't show how good they are for this nation, then they become part of the problem automatically. I'm sorry but is like that, and American people is not forced to trust anybody in their own land. WE have to gain their trust. Is the same that happens with Muslims. Unfortunatelly, the vast majority of terrorists around the world are Muslims. We know not ALL Muslims are terrorists, but is their responsibility to show and prove that they are good and are against the evil.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:06 PM

941 posts, read 3,917,868 times
Eaglecall, that's about the best damn post I've ever read in this thread.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,091,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I agree with you. But, for that same reason, those good legal Hispanic immigrants MUST stand straight for what is right and do not tolerate illegal immigration. We all know that is an international crime that MUST be prosecuted and not because they are coming from the same culture must be supported. That is wrong. The law is the law. If legal Hipanics don't show how good they are for this nation, then they become part of the problem automatically. I'm sorry but is like that, and American people is not forced to trust anybody in their own land. WE have to gain their trust. Is the same that happens with Muslims. Unfortunatelly, the vast majority of terrorists around the world are Muslims. We know not ALL Muslims are terrorists, but is their responsibility to show and prove that they are good and are against the evil.
With all due respect, I find it a stretch to draw any parallels between people of Latin descent and Islamic terrorists.

But, eaglecall, your post hints at an "us" and "them" mentality that makes it sound as though all persons of Latin descent are of one mind, as though all Latins agree and disagree in unison. This isn't the case. Just because someone happens to be of Latin descent doesn't make him or her automatically responsible to explain, support or denounce anything. In the same way that I as a Caucasian don't feel any compulsion to explain the actions of other Caucasians. Shared race or ethnic or national background doesn't mean automatic agreement and harmony. People are people, and we are all individuals.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 AM

11 posts, read 44,517 times
Quote:
We moved to Kingsport from a town in Illinois that was 65% Hispanic...I could no longer read the signs in the stores. Now we may be moving to Nashville and am looking for areas that English is the primary language and that there isn't a taco stand on every corner. I know that this is not the Politically Correct stance but I've been there, done that, and have had enough. Could someone recommend communites within a 45 minute druive of Nashville that would my totally non-PC need?
tell you what-why dont we just ban All races exept our h so wonderful white race?" would that make you happy? hispanic,mexicans,puertoricans come here because where they is deplorable. maybe,just maybe we should watch immigration a little more closely but i can guarantee if you lived in one of those places,you'd do almost anything to get out....plus they usually have BOTH languages on signs and labels. This sounds mean, but maybe you should think before you speak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration