Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:56 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sounds like he did the right thing.
Indeed. Hopefully they will live happily ever after in mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 02:28 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
so is this an attempt to talk about binational couples, or does everyone just want to make juvenile quips about "bending over backwards".

i think the mayor raises a good question, one that has come up quite a bit.

do spouses in states that allow gay marriage get to legalize their partner if they are not citizens? can gay couples legalize a spouse they married in a country that allows gay marraige?

sadly, this might not occur until gay marriage is federally recognized.

its sad that many binational couples have to jump hurdles others dont.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:47 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so is this an attempt to talk about binational couples, or does everyone just want to make juvenile quips about "bending over backwards".

i think the mayor raises a good question, one that has come up quite a bit.

do spouses in states that allow gay marriage get to legalize their partner if they are not citizens? can gay couples legalize a spouse they married in a country that allows gay marraige?

sadly, this might not occur until gay marriage is federally recognized.

its sad that many binational couples have to jump hurdles others dont.

The one, there is a proposal that will be discussed in June 3rd that deals with this issue.

View a Hearing or Meeting

UAFA Senate Hearing Set For June 3rd

Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,623,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
True. The boyfriend might be bi-sexual and hiding it. He may even already have a wife and kids that he plans to "bring out of the shadows" after the love sick fool/former mayor is done "bending over backwards" paying for his citizenship.
WOW, how pathetic are you? All of a sudden you are accusing this guy of being bi-sexual and that the only reason he wants to be with him is to bring his family and kids across the border??? It's people like you that are hurting your own cause. Leave the guy alone. He's gay, big deal. You don't have to talk about "bending over backwards" to try and make a point.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
WOW, how pathetic are you? All of a sudden you are accusing this guy of being bi-sexual and that the only reason he wants to be with him is to bring his family and kids across the border??? It's people like you that are hurting your own cause. Leave the guy alone. He's gay, big deal. You don't have to talk about "bending over backwards" to try and make a point.
WOW how pathetic are your comprehension skills?

I stated:

HE MIGHT BE, key word: MIGHT as in: may be, could be, etc. If I had stated: HE IS then that would be an accusation. That being said, I don't need your permission to make a statement and you need to stick to the topic of the thread.

Quote:

True. The boyfriend might be bi-sexual and hiding it. He may even already have a wife and kids that he plans to "bring out of the shadows" after the love sick fool/former mayor is done "bending over backwards" paying for his citizenship.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-28-2009 at 03:52 AM..

Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 PM

more paranoid, speculation.

you come up with some wierd fantasies...

because guess what, these people just MIGHT be in LOVE

the story says that the guy moved to mx with his partner.
if it wasnt love do you think he would do that? or did the illegal just bamboozle him? again. in your twisted mind.

talk about reading comprehension

Quote:
WOW how pathetic are your comprehension skills?

I stated:

HE MIGHT BE, key word: MIGHT as in: may be, could be, etc. If I had stated: HE IS then that would be an accusation. That being said, I don't need your permission to make a statement and you need to stick to the topic of the thread.

[url="http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/jdubsmom-362894.html"]

Old 05-29-2009, 03:19 PM

438 posts, read 947,143 times
I think it's rather touching. One doesn't just up and move to a foreign country to be with someone to get sex...well, I'm a romantic these days and I can totally understand why he'd do it, as I'm in a similar situation (only I'm not gay, so at least I've got the chance to marry my sweetie if I so decide). I would go with my SO if he was forced to return to Mexico.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
more paranoid, speculation.

you come up with some wierd fantasies...

because guess what, these people just MIGHT be in LOVE

the story says that the guy moved to mx with his partner.
if it wasnt love do you think he would do that? or did the illegal just bamboozle him? again. in your twisted mind.

talk about reading comprehension
I never questioned the mayors' lust for his boyfriend, it's obvious. The question I posed is whether the illegal alien gives a rats' ass about him or is he simply using him to pay for and obtain his US citizenship and possible future chain migration?

You can stop pretending that illegal aliens don't use Americans for the sole purpose of gaining US citizenship, early and often. Nobody is buying your tired line of turn the tables on the messenger BS .

As for your comment about reading comprehension, mine is working just fine, apparently yours isn't.

Again, the boyfriend was in the US ILLEGALLY for 5 years and now that he's got a rich politically connected lover and wallah, all of a sudden citizenship is a pressing issue.

Whether you like it or not, this story reeks of the typical illegal alien scam. I'm sure gays are not immune to this issue.

Quote:
It's something completely different and pernicious and vile to seek out a U.S. citizen and run a scam by them and entice them into marrying them and not only abandoning and emotionally abusing them, but falsely accusing them of a heinous act. They allege the U.S. Citizen abused them somehow and file paperwork with (the U.S. government) … and they're here to stay," said Sampson. "They have an ace-high flush."
Former Agent Calls Sham Marriages 'Epidemic' - cbs4denver.com (http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/marriage.foreign.sham.2.1021765.html - broken link)

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-29-2009 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-29-2009, 05:43 PM

Lust? you cant even say LOVE? wow.

obviously there is love otherwise this relationship would have ended.

but this brings up the issue about people who are here legally and by expiration of a VISA find themselves in the "illegal" category.

opposite sex relationships have an option to prevent seperation of loving couples.

same sex relationships dont.

but i doubt you can think that deeply about an issue you see as motivated by LUST

this will become a federal issue. once the gay marriage issue makes it to the federal level.

so VOILA to you to sister!

i cant imagine having such negativity and pessimism in my daily thoughts and actions...

Quote:
I never questioned the mayors' lust for his boyfriend, it's obvious. The question is posed is whether the illegal alien gives a rats' ass about him or is he simply using him to pay for and obtain his US citizenship and possible future chain migration?

You can stop pretending that illegal aliens don't use Americans for the sole purpose of gaining US citizenship, early and often. Nobody is buying your tired line of turn the tables on the messenger BS .

As for your comment about reading comprehension, mine is working just fine, apparently yours isn't.

Again, the boyfriend was in the US ILLEGALLY for 5 years and now that he's got a rich politically connected lover and wallah, all of a sudden citizenship is a pressing issue.

Whether you like it or not, this story reeks of the typical illegal alien scam.

Former Agent Calls Sham Marriages 'Epidemic' - cbs4denver.com (http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/marriage.foreign.sham.2.1021765.html - broken link)

Old 05-29-2009, 05:49 PM

223 posts, read 300,602 times
Quote:
Lust? you cant even say LOVE? wow.

obviously there is love otherwise this relationship would have ended.

but this brings up the issue about people who are here legally and by expiration of a VISA find themselves in the "illegal" category.

opposite sex relationships have an option to prevent seperation of loving couples.

same sex relationships dont.

but i doubt you can think that deeply about an issue you see as motivated by LUST

this will become a federal issue. once the gay marriage issue makes it to the federal level.

so VOILA to you to sister!

i cant imagine having such negativity and pessimism in my daily thoughts and actions...

Gays can only lust, and illegals can only scam, to some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration