Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:21 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
whatever.........you just keep bashing away that will stop what's going on.
Oh, exceptional comeback!

You sure put me in my place.

One thing you can certainly say about me is that I know for certain when I've been verbally spanked by superb orator.

I bow before your superior rhetorical skills. You certainly won't hear another peep out of me....

Old 05-27-2008, 05:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Here we go saying all latinos are on the same wavelength.It's no different than going to suburban america and then going to a trailer park.There educated and none educated in all races my friend.
I read both yours and Kele's posts-----------how dare you even infer that she is a racist!

No; filburgos, you clearly have a problem comprehending her posts.

If you have such an attitude against US culture; do us all a favor and move to another country..................otherwise:

American; love it or leave it!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:30 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Hey AZ...

Old 05-28-2008, 12:34 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times
It's kind of funny that saying "that's racist!" or "you're racist!" holds any intellectual value at all in a debate. It's like saying that automatically negates anything you just said and gets you out of addressing the other person's viewpoints.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I read both yours and Kele's posts-----------how dare you even infer that she is a racist!

No; filburgos, you clearly have a problem comprehending her posts.

If you have such an attitude against US culture; do us all a favor and move to another country..................otherwise:

American; love it or leave it!
What I don't see is how someone who insists that Mexicans have a racist right to break whatever USA law they don't wish to follow wouldn't admit they are a racist.

Unless that person believes that all Africans, Asians, and everyone else in the world should come pouring over the borders and demand services in their own language. Many seem to believe that everything should be offered in Spanish, but I don't see them saying that it's time people here learn every language of the world because all people are entitled to move here in unlimited numbers and shouldn't have to adapt to our ways, most seem to reserve that privilege for Mexicans -- and that is racist.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 AM

196 posts, read 208,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian View Post
Well immigration forum, I’d like to take a moment to share my own views on immigration, immigrants (both legal and illegal). As you may be able to figure out, I’m not American and I don’t even live there anymore! For your information, I’m IRISH and if you don’t want to hear some bloody foreigner rambling on about immigration, then I suggest you stop reading right now.

Listen people, illegal immigration is not the problem that is dragging your country down. It’s your clown of a president and his warmongering ways, dragging your country into a ghastly and expensive war, the costs of which you’ll be paying back for generations to come.

MOD CUT This is an open forum and I’m giving you the opportunity to be honest and tell us all how you REALLY feel. Let me put it this way, I’m pretty sure that if all the “illegals” you people love to complain about so much where white Anglos, most of you wouldn’t even give a rat’s arse, nor would you care to notice.

Illegals aren’t stealing your jobs, your jobs are being lost because of corporations outsourcing their jobs to countries where labour is cheaper, such as India. Have any of you ever called Dell lately, only to be answered by an Indian lady working at a call centre in Calcutta?

When I lived in America, I saw a lot of silent racism towards Hispanics in particular. People won’t just come out and admit that they dislike Hispanics, but they hide behind sly little remarks and innuendos instead. Even on this forum, I’ve read posts about how horrible it is to live near Hispanics and how people dread the Hispanics coming to town. It kind of reminds me of that South Park episode featuring the Goobacks, in which they cried “They took our jobs!!”.

The answer to America’s perceived problem with illegal immigration doesn’t lie in blaming the immigrants themselves. They are just people who are searching for a better life, just like your ancestors before you. It’s human nature to see a better opportunity and grab it with both hands for the sake of your own family. If you people were born in Tijuana and had California on your doorstep, I’m PRETTY SURE that 99.99% of you would choose to hop the border, just like the Mexicans you chastise and blame.

The answer lies in a) helping Mexico reach the economic and social prosperity that it badly deserves and b) improving border security instead of wasting billions of dollars on pointless wars. If Mexico was a prosperous country, I’m pretty sure that most Mexicans would choose to stay home instead of trying to flee their homeland. Mexico has massive potential and if the United States were truly smart, it’d do everything in its power to unlock that potential and practice completely free trade. However, until the “them and us” mentality comes to an end, I don’t see things improving.

Basically, stop your complaining and at least learn to accept people, without labeling them as criminals. They are only human beings and one thing they deserve is to be treated with dignity. Besides, let’s face it…America (like many nations) has an aging population and it actually needs more workers to help keep the aging population. Learn to accept different cultures and enjoy the diversity. Every human being brings something different to the table, as is the case with a particular culture.
Im curious, when did you live in America?...and why did you leave?

Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
It's kind of funny that saying "that's racist!" or "you're racist!" holds any intellectual value at all in a debate. It's like saying that automatically negates anything you just said and gets you out of addressing the other person's viewpoints.
Bump to the top...

Moderator comments...

You see it is not race baiting to post a link to Mexican sites which generalize thoughts on Americans.

However, it is race baiting to post a link to American sites which generalize thoughts on Mexicans.

<--Double Standard-->

Last edited by Mach50; 06-19-2008 at 01:31 PM..

Old 06-19-2008, 01:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Bump to the top...

Moderator comments...

You see it is not race baiting to post a link to Mexican sites which generalize thoughts on Americans.

However, it is race baiting to post a link to American sites which generalize thoughts on Mexicans.

<--Double Standard-->
Mexicans are not a race.

That stated: most people of 'Mexican' heritage; if not counted as 'Hispanic', would be counted as American Indian here in the USA

Old 06-19-2008, 02:56 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Bump to the top...

Moderator comments...

<--Double Standard-->

Huh? Why are you quoting me and saying "moderator comments"?

Old 06-19-2008, 03:02 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Huh? Why are you quoting me and saying "moderator comments"?
Hi El Rhino, my post above is an example of how my thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...-mexicans.html

Is not race-baiting as I was being accused of. Essentially, these 2 threads are of the same 'Topic' but reciprocates of each other.

The reason I said Moderator comments was to show that a Moderator actually posted a good response along the same lines in the example thread.

There was no malice in my quoting of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration