Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
The "blowback" factor is a concern, particularly for those of us who have family and friends who could be affected. Yet I have to tell you (from here, in California) that I have FAR less concern over THAT, that the chaotic 'tyranny' of the current 'amnesty' mess. Nobody even PRETENDS that any amnesty would be anything more than a very temporary 'fix'.

I'm willing to deal with 'blowback', and my wife agrees (I suppose) if that's what it takes..

To make an analogy, nobody REALLY likes the stereotypical "hard-boiled", grumpy, macho, overbearing "cop"....but if it's a choice between HIM, and letting the gang-bangers run free...I'll take the 'bad cop' any day. At least I know how to stay out of his way....
Well put: and, our hypothetical bad cop' here cannot cross a certain line in the USA unlike, say, Mexico with its crooked Federales let alone Zetas.

Our Mach50 flat came out and told us here yesterday on the Forum that his uncle's family SOB was being hounded mercilessly by said Zetas for 'protection' money-----hence they (legally) leaving Mexico for the relative safety of the 'Mexican hating' Gringoes here.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
And i am not an illegal!I am more american than you are my friend.You just keep posting your hateful remarks and sit in front of your computer and wait for things to change.We should be blaming our stupid government for all this c#$p instead of the illegals.They are the only ones that can change this.So if posting senseless remarks brings your stress level down go right ahead because there are about 200 more coming through the border as we speak and nothing is being done.
How many letters have you sent or phone calls have you made to your State Represenative or Congessman on Illegal Immigration?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
The website the OP cited is full of racism against blacks.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:39 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Yes, it is really a shame that those forums exist.

Those Hispanics who were born and raised in the USA shouldn't give Mexico a bad name IMHO, the forum isn't even in spanish.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
It isn’t considered racism unless they are the recipients. They subscribe to the old double standard doctrine.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:26 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Years ago I used to look at Brownpride.com and got disgusted with it, after realizing that every third or fourth post had derogatory comments about African-Americans. All African-Americans need to understand how these people really think, not what they hear in the mainstream media.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:33 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
ok guys, thats like going to a KKK website and generalizing that type of mentality to the whole anglo population.

its not widespread. these idiots are out of touch with the world. they are garbage.

this is a small group of people. with very little power. or influence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Years ago I used to look at Brownpride.com and got disgusted with it, after realizing that every third or fourth post had derogatory comments about African-Americans. All African-Americans need to understand how these people really think, not what they hear in the mainstream media.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ok guys, thats like going to a KKK website and generalizing that type of mentality to the whole anglo population.

its not widespread. these idiots are out of touch with the world. they are garbage.

this is a small group of people. with very little power. or influence.
Go ahead.....back em' up.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
As you stated.

And the irony is that many Hispanics are indeed Black themselves............

Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
What's the point of opening a 5 month old thread for that comment?
Legit question:
Why are white people so fascinated with ethnic rivalry among the poorer ethnic groups?
Why do they seem to like to appear self-righteous by pointing out when other groups are racist(except Blacks themselves), yet at the same time deny and avoid discussing any kind of White racism?
Why do they feel necessary to "choose" between the poorer ethnic groups? Why is it to criticize Latinos, many feel like they have to do so in defense of Blacks?
It really perplexes me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration